Forums Horror Collectibles
Jeepers Creepers Life-sized Costume

Well I finally got this about done. I am very happy with how it turned out. As usual the pics don't do it much justice but at least my new camera takes great pics. It looks awesome in low lighting and very "creepy" standing in the shadows. Even creepier than Jason. I think it is the hat and duster. I bought all the clothes new, and the mask is the official creeper mask and hat that I weathered. I just popped in eyes for reference and man did they look good. They moved around a little in the pics from moving it for pics, but I will be making them fitted later so they stay. I also have a veron 2 and maybe 3 coming up. For 3 I will be making the hands and perhaps adding some huge wings, not sure about the feet yet. I am working on display 2 now which I will keep a surprise but I am sure many know what I will be doing.

I may also be cutting the mouth out of another mask and ung my rippers as planned, and some make-up. But this mask gets the job done. At first I did not like the short neck, but it makes mobility great. I may make a neck piece later but it is not really needed as the turtle neck still looks great. Took quite awhile to get all of that fraying done, and I made it even more weathered than the movie and added my own touches. The flash on my camera will make the colors a lot brighter than they are. I used brighter red for the blood being darker did not show well. I also added a bullet hole and some various cuts on the hat, not sure if they will show up.

I am glad I got to complete this finally as it has been planned for years. I may even sell it later on but I am not sure as I really like how it turned out. But funding is low for projects at this time due to the Holidays. I am also making the axe ung my cardboard magic and a wooden handle. I used my part 8 leather gloves for now, but did not weather them yet. It is about 6'5" 250 lbs ratio. So he is HUGE, I love it. I will post more pics when I get display 2 done, and maybe 3 and posbly costume shots with the axe and other accessories. The only part that was annoying was trying to wash that damn oil out of the duster. I washed it like 5 times, sanded it, painted it, soaked it in the tub, and it still is not all the way out. But it is not as bad as it was. If they have oil free ones I may do more up. Here are the pics, it is about 95% done and I added some custom touches and mud as well as blood splatter.

I also weathered it so that you can wear the duster open or closed. The duster is shorter on this mannequin as I have it bulked up for Jason, but still looks great regardless. The creeper ain't made to be seen in the daylight but you can't show the details without it. I love it best in dim lighting. The weathering took a long time lol. Like I said the bright lighting makes it seem brighter than it is, the blood also has a wet look in certain spots around the chest, top of hat etc. I may also make the mask wet looking but it is from part 1 where he was dry, and does have wet around the mouth, nose, and eyes. I am still adding some finishing touches I will see. In low lighting everything is fabulous looking. :) Enjoy.

sirbrad Saturday 1/02/2010 at 05:17 PM | 59792
you are right it is very creepy, nicely done
the jason voorhees Sunday 1/03/2010 at 04:52 AM | 59794
Now that would freak the kids out on Halloween! Pretty Wicked!

DaShape Sunday 1/03/2010 at 10:03 PM | 59812
Wow, that is creepy for sure

Nice work on the clothing

Good work!
kaizu Monday 1/04/2010 at 01:13 AM | 59818
Thanks, Yeah it sure is. I love it for display and as I said I got maybe 2 others coming that I will be cutting the mouth out of and trying some of my rippers with. I still love how great this looks though in low lighting. I may do a video later outde for Youtube.

sirbrad Monday 1/04/2010 at 07:37 AM | 59821
Awesome job!
Sourfacedbastard Monday 1/04/2010 at 12:25 PM | 59824
Uploaded a video on youtube and also took some far away shots and with zoom outde. I loved how it looked standing there with the duster blowing around in the wind. Some people drived by looking in probably like WTF?! Lol. Video is uploading now.

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Tc7fe0uj8

Video test.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3087/imag00044.jpg" class="photoborder" />

sirbrad Monday 1/04/2010 at 04:54 PM | 59836
Never saw the flick - but it looks like a lot of time & energy went into this so I'm pretty impressed!

Plus, looks like the killer-person had good taste in clothes

;)
Bridge Monday 1/04/2010 at 11:31 PM | 59859

sirbrad Friday 1/08/2010 at 05:34 AM | 60008
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/103/crossv.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1066/cross2.
sirbrad Friday 1/08/2010 at 08:43 PM | 60020
I just finished up painting some hands that were all white with black nails to match the mask. I also decided to try and tackle the axe and make it with my cardboard and wood magic. I Can't believe how awesome it turned out for my first and last one! I say last because it was a brutal cutting out those thick pieces of cardboard and then gluing and cutting them to the same length. I used cardboard and a plunger handle, and various paints to give it that metallic look with black underneath. I based it off the 7 inch figure,s axe. I also added the cardboard piece and painted in raised fake screws to give a 3-D look.

Of course the lighting does not do it justice and flash is too bright and shows too much, so I will get some outdoor pics later. This also may be light enough for my life-zed to hold if I can close the hands around it. I also sealed it with mod podge to give that shiny metallic look. Looks fantastic in low lighting too! The hands I did not latex/paint the bottoms yet, not sure if I will or not as they shrink a lot when I do. I also made them wet looking with perma-wet. It is amazing though what you can do with mple items around the house and a good imagination. I got lots more goodies to come too, and several life-zed costumes on the way. I am going to have 3 mannequins soon so I can do more at a time and leave them up.

:) Will have some Creeper costume pics too soon.

sirbrad Wednesday 1/13/2010 at 12:45 AM | 60203
Couple pics outdoors in brighter light and a video. Hope to get costume pics soon when I finish up veron 3 of the costume.

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGYGRLy4jIg">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGYGRLy4jIg

As I said bright light makes the colors look brighter. I was also going to make the spear tip 4 ded but I did not want it to get crushed when I laid it down, so I kept it two ded.
sirbrad Friday 1/15/2010 at 06:21 AM | 60282
Creeper with his axe. :)

sirbrad Friday 1/15/2010 at 07:53 AM | 60284