Forums Off Topic
Michael-Myers.net

what the hell happened to that place? ill admit i havent been a member there for a long time but i go over there to see if anything is new. nope just still kids acting like kids. no offense to anyone but its just a myers mask. in the grand scheme of things its nothing. most people over there dont realize that.sorry just a mental note. if this needs moved or deleted please feel free.
oldskool Monday 1/04/2010 at 04:44 PM | 59835
I know you're not alone in that feeling.

As you said, no disrespect to anyone seeing as how several of the members (including mods) here are members and/or mods over there as well, but a long time ago it just seemed like the vibe there just got so hostile.

Threads were being locked all the time due to flame wars and people just seemed a lot less potive and supportive, especially towards new members.

And oddly enough it was often the new members that were the most prone to flame other members.

I haven't really been back there in any real capacity (posting and what not) in well over a year, but whenever I do pop in for curioty sake I notice the same thing.
deathrisingup Monday 1/04/2010 at 07:12 PM | 59838
Yes there we can see just white masks. If I go there I only go to Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Other and Clasfieds topic. Nothing more. At first it was interesting.....but after a couple of days just white masks....It is good place but this te is my favorite :)
Klempo Monday 1/04/2010 at 08:13 PM | 59839
I usually stick to the pic posting threads and leave comments for the cool scores

That's what collecting is all about, ain't it? Buy,share,post and respect!

It seems everyone wants to be a hero and wants to have the final say

Stuff like that just adds feul to the fire
kaizu Monday 1/04/2010 at 08:26 PM | 59841
I don't love posting but I read a lot on a few different forums and I don't even bother checking that te out anymore. The sheer lack of respect is crazy. Why they let people get away with that I'll never know.
sausagecake Monday 1/04/2010 at 10:33 PM | 59844
I actually asked Donnie to ban me for a week just so I would stay away. Lately I've been fine, shut up and just posted pics but that Nik crap really set me off.
DrenTheLiar Monday 1/04/2010 at 11:05 PM | 59848
I actually asked Donnie to ban me for a week just so I would stay away. Lately I've been fine, shut up and just posted pics but that Nik crap really set me off. We love you Matt

Stay out of trouble brotha
kaizu Monday 1/04/2010 at 11:18 PM | 59853
...and to think, I let my anger over PAST drama at that place displace over to HorrorBid (I'm sorry, Justin, I'm still a noob!

) - & NOW look how bad it's gotten.

But, it seems the mods have finally started really putting their feet down & I'm very glad to see it.

I've always been of the opinion that we should ALL at least try to get along (*brick to the head*)
Bridge Monday 1/04/2010 at 11:25 PM | 59855
I actually asked Donnie to ban me for a week just so I would stay away. Lately I've been fine, shut up and just posted pics but that Nik crap really set me off. We love you Matt

Stay out of trouble brotha

Thanks my friend.
DrenTheLiar Monday 1/04/2010 at 11:27 PM | 59857
thats the thing someone needs to step in and let the hammer fall. you know that stuff wouldnt happen here because of the respect level here and the fact that the owner cares about the te.

i just kind of laugh when i see how serious some people take it. its such a small blip when you conder things.
oldskool Monday 1/04/2010 at 11:59 PM | 59866
thats the thing someone needs to step in and let the hammer fall. you know that stuff wouldnt happen here because of the respect level here and the fact that the owner cares about the te.

i just kind of laugh when i see how serious some people take it. its such a small blip when you conder things. Agree...
kaizu Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 12:06 AM | 59868

i just kind of laugh when i see how serious some people take it. its such a small blip when you conder things. Agree...

the credit goes a lot to you mods as well. not to sound like a kiss ass all the sudden but it really makes me appreciate this te that much more. why does the myers masks seem to draw dead beats like terry lambert and the worst kind of people. again im talkin about 90% of the people not the few good ones in the group. each month that good group number gets fewer and fewer it seems.
oldskool Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 12:21 AM | 59869
I think it goes to the fact that this isn't a Myers-oriented te as well.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 12:36 AM | 59873

exactly my point though. why does myers warrant the drama? because the masks use to sell for so much? how many more years can you talk about the same masks? thats why there is so much drama. people are bored.
oldskool Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 12:40 AM | 59875

exactly my point though. why does myers warrant the drama? because the masks use to sell for so much? how many more years can you talk about the same masks? thats why there is so much drama. people are bored.

And opinions of accuracy.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 12:44 AM | 59877

not to sound like a tool but its true.

oldskool Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 12:52 AM | 59879

not to sound like a tool but its true.
kaizu Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 01:04 AM | 59880
Its sad and pathetic the shit that goes on there sometimes. We're such a small scene in the scheme of things and things could be so cool, but people have to be haters and love drama a little too much. HorrorBid runs much smoother because of some points brought up already....its not excluve to Myers collecting, people are friendlier over all, us mods try and keep things steady and lets face it....Justin and Joel aren't just "names" who post once in a blue moon. Its much more communal here. That being said, a thread dedicated to the drama at MM.net is giving the drama there too much credit. I JUST gned off there and feel like I stepped off of the Cyclone on Coney island!
ny ghoul Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 03:52 AM | 59889
Hey guys, I think a discuson about anything is fine but lets keep things flowing on the smooth de. The last thing we need is a mess. I will be honest I haven't been to MM.net in awhile. As many of you know I started out posting at MM.net and my love for white masks was at epic level at one point in my life. I know how it is, I was there. I understand the pason. I will say this, it wore off for me. With that being said MM.net is a great te with a lot of great people and it's a shame that some people have to ruin it for others. There are a lot of people over there that I respect a great deal.

Whatever is going on there now (if it is negative) is a shame because white mask collecting can be a real fun hobby, it can also consume your life to the point that you argue back and forth over a forum. Step back and think about life and think about where in that life a white mask stands. If it's even on your top ten list you may need to step away for a second. I again have been there. I say this out of experience.

Good thread and thanks for all the potive remarks on hbid. We owe it all to the mods and that's the truth.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 04:45 AM | 59893
I guess I'm in the minority.

I still love checking MM.net daily.

I've never been a big fan of soap operas, but for some reason I just love the drama over there.

I try to stay out of it for the most part because I have no stake in any of the fights, but every once in a while I have to throw a comment in.

It's my guilty pleasure.

gummi Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 08:15 AM | 59902
I guess I'm in the minority.

I still love checking MM.net daily.

I've never been a big fan of soap operas, but for some reason I just love the drama over there.

I try to stay out of it for the most part because I have no stake in any of the fights, but every once in a while I have to throw a comment in.

It's my guilty pleasure.

I do have to admit that the potential "reality TV" aspect of it is sometimes amung Seriously though I owe a lot to MM.net, and I suspect many of us here do as well.

I wouldn't know a lot of what I learned about this hobby without getting my initial education over there and so I have to give respect where it's due.

And I agree with Justin that continuing on with these kinds of comments could potentially make a tuation worse, but I think the reason so many of us are putting in our two cents here is not out of the joy of slamming another te, but more of an expreson of disappointment and concern for what was truly once a Mecca for collectors, Myers or otherwise.

At least that's how I feel.

With that said I'll punch out. :)
deathrisingup Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 04:17 PM | 59909
Posted there perhaps a handful of times last year. Found that if you had differing opinions to most things you were pretty much seen as a rebel or trouble causer. I always thought that forums were a place to express your views on stuff even if they aren't the same as everyone else's? Mask collecting is supposed to be fun, seems a few people on there can't or don't understand the fun de to it.
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 04:41 PM | 59911
If this place were as busy as MM.net, I wouldn't even post on there. We need to really advertise HB.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 09:02 PM | 59922
If this place were as busy as MM.net, I wouldn't even post on there. We need to really advertise HB.

The lad has a point - I've had MUCH better experiences here & this place deserves recognition & more action!

Bridge Wednesday 1/06/2010 at 12:39 AM | 59930
michael-myers.net? WTH is that?

-G
H30 Sunday 1/10/2010 at 05:01 AM | 60071

-G

im a noobie but i cant believe there is an entire te dedicated to michael myers masks.
Dan_Halen Sunday 1/10/2010 at 05:54 AM | 60081

-G

im a noobie but i cant believe there is an entire te dedicated to michael myers masks. There are tes dedicated to just Freddy,Jason, and Leatherface. There are also tes dedicated to just Hocks and Freddy gloves.

;)
kaizu Sunday 1/10/2010 at 07:36 AM | 60085

-G

im a noobie but i cant believe there is an entire te dedicated to michael myers masks. There are tes dedicated to just Freddy,Jason, and Leatherface. There are also tes dedicated to just Hocks and Freddy gloves.

i kinda tend to agree with dan here. i understand there are other forums out there that talk about specific things but it seems odd that michael myers masks made the cut. from what i just saw on that te its not about michael myers just the mask. which seems oddly specific and to be honest boring.
BrandyWine Sunday 1/10/2010 at 05:26 PM | 60097
There's bigger room for debate on the accuracy of Myers masks than there is for say Freddy, Jason, or Leatherface. That's all it is.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 1/10/2010 at 09:08 PM | 60105
There's bigger room for debate on the accuracy of Myers masks than there is for say Freddy, Jason, or Leatherface. That's all it is.

You're right Matt. But how do you keep talking about the same thing over and over again. I was into the Myers scene

also for a month or two but it got old. The fact that people still debate and post the same pics over and over again seem stale. Again not knocking anyone that does it I just don't see the point.
oldskool Sunday 1/10/2010 at 09:37 PM | 60106
i didnt mean to rustle anyones feathers if i did. it was just an observation. i know forums can talk about specific things that just seemed kinda really specific. i just didnt realized that there was a group of people out there that cared that much.
BrandyWine Sunday 1/10/2010 at 10:35 PM | 60115
i didnt mean to rustle anyones feathers if i did. it was just an observation. i know forums can talk about specific things that just seemed kinda really specific. i just didnt realized that there was a group of people out there that cared that much. As a Myers nut myself it's a ckness

I think there's a bunch of Myers costume players due to the fact that the costume itsself doesn't cost as much as if one were to dress up as Jason ;)
kaizu Sunday 1/10/2010 at 10:45 PM | 60117

You're right Matt. But how do you keep talking about the same thing over and over again. I was into the Myers scene

also for a month or two but it got old. The fact that people still debate and post the same pics over and over again seem stale. Again not knocking anyone that does it I just don't see the point.

Its the same with a lot of things. I make/paint models of WWI bi-planes; ancient Greek and Roman soldiers and now just recently Greek triremes (war-ships) you have to see the insane bickering and fighting that goes on in forums dedicated to those hobbies. From arguements over sculptors; country of product origin to the detailing. It goes on and on. Matt's point is dead on and thats why things won't change. All drama ade its alot of fun to keep searching for THAT mask. Just when you think you might have it? A new one comes along!
ny ghoul Monday 1/11/2010 at 04:54 AM | 60136
I know you're not alone in that feeling.

As you said, no disrespect to anyone seeing as how several of the members (including mods) here are members and/or mods over there as well, but a long time ago it just seemed like the vibe there just got so hostile.

Threads were being locked all the time due to flame wars and people just seemed a lot less potive and supportive, especially towards new members.

And oddly enough it was often the new members that were the most prone to flame other members.

I haven't really been back there in any real capacity (posting and what not) in well over a year, but whenever I do pop in for curioty sake I notice the same thing.

They need a regime change. Whether it is to give certain MODs needed breaks or just for the mple fact the MOD may be biased. Lets face it, It can be a trying job over there. understandable that they may not be perfect in decion making but be constent. Most of the MODS they have are nice guys, but they should be able to get a break and relax for a few months. Then come back. Its a job and you dont get paid, so sometimes you need that relief.

I agree with you brother Matt
Matthew Mayhem Monday 1/11/2010 at 05:36 AM | 60141
Honestly if you just don't read the drama threads it won't bother you as much. I've gotten fairly good at just ignoring the bullshit.

I like Mayhem's point of mods taking breaks. They should have "shifts" like every 3 months or something. We have a number of mods for a couple of months, then after 3 months another group takes over. They switch back and forth.
DrenTheLiar Monday 1/11/2010 at 08:58 PM | 60151
Does anyone else find it odd that Dren is kind of hated on MM.net but get's along just fine here? Maybe I'm blind but I've never had a problem with ya Matt. Now let me start by saying this, I know you're a shit stirrer but if you know that going in your posts tend to be more funny than anything. At least that was my experience back in the day. I haven't see the threads at all lately.

Either way you're an ass don't get me wrong, just not as big an ass here I guess.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/12/2010 at 07:23 AM | 60169
booman you bring up a good point and not knocking drentheliar but it seems like everyone on michael-myers.net acts different than they do on other forums. its not always the case but it seems like it brings the worst out of people.
oldskool Tuesday 1/12/2010 at 07:55 PM | 60188
Well there's more bull crap to get caught up in over there. It's like life. I'm well disciplined at work and I do what I'm told but when I come home I'm mouthy and don't get along with the parents well. I say it depends on the people I'm around and just the "way things go".
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 1/13/2010 at 12:00 AM | 60198
Yeah i totally agree dude,there's alot of kids.
seanybolfc Thursday 1/14/2010 at 12:36 PM | 60258
All I can say about there and here is this place makes me feel much more a part of the te then over there as I always feel it is a pisng contest to have a better mask or that someones opinion is better then your own. If you don't agree that a certain persons mask is the greatest thing in the world then you are a loser and need to shut up. I hate that and find that also here the Mods do such a great job letting people know why threads are moved or why things in general are done. Justin and Joel keep this place so updated on things and not being all dedicated to Myers is a great thing as I love seeing all the incredible masks people have and other collectables.
cropsy Saturday 1/30/2010 at 06:29 PM | 60868
All I can say about there and here is this place makes me feel much more a part of the te then over there as I always feel it is a pisng contest to have a better mask or that someones opinion is better then your own. If you don't agree that a certain persons mask is the greatest thing in the world then you are a loser and need to shut up. I hate that and find that also here the Mods do such a great job letting people know why threads are moved or why things in general are done. Justin and Joel keep this place so updated on things and not being all dedicated to Myers is a great thing as I love seeing all the incredible masks people have and other collectables.

Thanks cropsy, you da man!!!
DaShape Saturday 1/30/2010 at 06:32 PM | 60870