Forums Horror Movie Talk
Zombie Virus vs Zombie Undead

Which is your favoured Zombie apocalypse reason?

The virus that no doubt comes from some dirty mall strip $2 sushi cart or the awesomely cool return of the dead?

Personally, I'm getting tired of the virus Zombie gimmick, I prefer them being already dead, although the virus is very realistic, I think its cooler that they are re-animated.
El Diablo Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 05:03 PM | 59913
Definetly the return of the dead

Love how the dead pop out their graves with all them dirt and worms

It's much more scary and definetly looks cool on screen. Which is your favoured Zombie apocalypse reason?

The virus that no doubt comes from some dirty mall strip $2 sushi cart . I just had to laugh at this
kaizu Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 05:18 PM | 59914
me too....the virus thing is definately more realistic (you wouldn't believe how many tes are dedicated to planning for an actual zombie apocalyspe) but the coming back from the dead digging themselves out of their graves zombies are by far the best :)

God I love zombies....lmao

kweandee Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 07:49 PM | 59919
My favorite zombie ever: Nathan Grantham....now that's a man that knew how to have his cake & eat it too

;)
Bridge Tuesday 1/05/2010 at 08:31 PM | 59920
Slow moving, moaning, maggot infested, stinking like hell, brain munching UNDEAD! The virus thing was cool for one or two films....maybe theres room for another virus, but one that raises the DEAD!
ny ghoul Wednesday 1/06/2010 at 12:10 AM | 59926
Against the grain I'll go by stating biologically induced psycho virus carriers are scarier than Romeros undead. Boyles 28 universe always scared the living shit out of me because it was more grounded in a 'real' posbility. The phycal and mental state of the infected really just mirrors the effects of a very negative meth high x 1000, mixed with serious psychos and lowered impulses, leading to the 'rage'. It's all there inde us, the virus just brings it out. This is not to say that I don't love the Dead movies and Romeros universe. It's just that sprinting psychos who want to beat me to death and then eat me scare me more.
BrandyWine Wednesday 1/06/2010 at 05:29 AM | 59933
Against the grain I'll go by stating biologically induced psycho virus carriers are scarier than Romeros undead. Boyles 28 universe always scared the living shit out of me because it was more grounded in a 'real' posbility. The phycal and mental state of the infected really just mirrors the effects of a very negative meth high x 1000, mixed with serious psychos and lowered impulses, leading to the 'rage'. It's all there inde us, the virus just brings it out. This is not to say that I don't love the Dead movies and Romeros universe. It's just that sprinting psychos who want to beat me to death and then eat me scare me more.

Do I detect a fellow Redent Evil fan?

Bridge Wednesday 1/06/2010 at 06:49 AM | 59934

Do I detect a fellow Redent Evil fan?

good detective work bridge.
BrandyWine Wednesday 1/06/2010 at 06:52 AM | 59935
I honestly don't care either way, I'm for quality zombie movies in general, whether they be clasc foot shufflers or the new sprinters. When I heard the Dawn of the Dead remake had running zombies I was initially prejudice, and then I saw the movie and realised that I would actually be scared of these zombies if I was one of the survivors, as opposed to the clasc walkers which are just obstacles for the most part. Idk, I'm a fan of both, but I guess the majority of my favorite movies do feature the newer 'infected' breed of zombies. And more often than not, the more recent movies featuring the clasc zombies suck and don't do them, or their film lineage as a whole, justice.

Can't think of a clasc zombie type of movie I'm looking forward to, though I can't wait to see

2 and The Horde, so sentimentality for clasc zombies ade, I guess my preference is 'infected' over zombies.
feastonscraps18 Thursday 1/07/2010 at 06:50 AM | 59972
Old school obviously for me.

Undead and slow as f%ck.

oldskool Sunday 1/10/2010 at 09:44 PM | 60108
Which is your favoured Zombie apocalypse reason?

The virus that no doubt comes from some dirty mall strip $2 sushi cart or the awesomely cool return of the dead?

Personally, I'm getting tired of the virus Zombie gimmick, I prefer them being already dead, although the virus is very realistic, I think its cooler that they are re-animated.

Im more into the traditional, but I like the way the Return of the Living Dead was done. One of my fav concepts
Matthew Mayhem Sunday 1/10/2010 at 11:02 PM | 60118
Im more into the traditional, but I like the way the Return of the Living Dead was done. One of my fav concepts I am with you on that one. If ANY sort of chemical is going to cause a zombie apocalypse, it's going to be 245 Trioxin damnt.

I don't even count the 28 series as zombie movies. Yes, the follow the same idea, but the people aren't dead.. they are just really really really pissed off. Rage turns you into an infected.. 245 Trioxin infects you, kills you, and brings you back as a zombie after suffering a horrible death.. makes for a good watch!

- Gerry
GerryButton Thursday 1/21/2010 at 07:17 AM | 60544
I love the idea of zombies made by a virus these days for the mple fact it could certainly happen with the crap our goverments and scientists are experimenting with now but the old school dig yourself out of the grave, I wanna eat your brains zombies will always be best to me. I include Return of the Living Dead with the old school cause even though it was the ol 245 Trioxin it remained more along the same lines IMO then the virus zombies. I think also having seen Zombie and Dawn of the Dead as my first Zombie movies made me a life long fan of that kind of zombie.
cropsy Friday 1/22/2010 at 01:50 AM | 60586
I am with you on that one. If ANY sort of chemical is going to cause a zombie apocalypse, it's going to be 245 Trioxin damnt.

245 Trioxin infects you, kills you, and brings you back as a zombie after suffering a horrible death..

- Gerry

lol..Agreed

Trioxin is perfect for the job.
Matthew Mayhem Tuesday 2/02/2010 at 08:46 PM | 61053
I've always thought thought that the DEAD beings were much scarier than "the infected". There isn't much that separates the infected from a huge group of pissed off people that want to kill you. To me, dead people that want to eat you is much scarier. With that said, 28 Days Later was a great concept and one of my favorite horrors from this past decade. The infected and the undead are both effective. Although the two are milar, it's still hard for me to compare them both as "zombies".
Myers31TKD Wednesday 2/03/2010 at 05:37 PM | 61079
I don't really care as long as the story is well-written and well-executed. The old-school Romero zombies are clasce, but I actually have always loved The Return Of The Living Dead more than any other zombie film. As far as what a "true" zombie is, originally zombies were sparked by voodoo, so Romero's dead aren't zombies either.

The only thing I find funny is when horror fans bitch and moan about zombies running because "in reality" a dead person wouldn't be able to run.That shit always makes me laugh because zombies AREN'T REAL. So "in reality" dead people wouldn't come back to life anyway. I never understood horror fans nitpicking something so lly. I just suspend disbelief and accept the rules that the filmmaker/filmmakers present from the beginning of their films. Debating how a "real" zombie would behave is pointless and amung.

JackOLantern Thursday 2/11/2010 at 02:55 PM | 61536