Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Rob Zombie's Halloween II

Hi, I just gned up so I'll keep this short and sweet and try not to embarass myselfStory:4/5-I found the story kind of enjoyable, it was entertaining but strange and confung.

Gore:2/5-Not much gore like all Halloween films, Deaths were either from stabbing or neck-snapping.

Fear:4/5-Traditional stalking and cliche "RUN BI*CH RUN!" is found throughout the film.

Acting:3/5-I was kind of on the fence with this one, it wasn't Oscar worthy or terrible...I'm kinda lost on this one.

Overall Score:4.00/5.00 I wouldn't hunt this movie down to watch it, but as an avid horror fan I must say this is a must see movie especially for Halloween fans

The Horror Ginger Tuesday 1/12/2010 at 06:46 PM | 60185
i felt this movie placed a phallic object in my eye and released its unwanted seed.
tokyoafterdark Wednesday 3/24/2010 at 12:03 AM | 63172
Fear:4/5-Traditional stalking and cliche "RUN BI*CH RUN!" is found throughout the film. too funny...

Well finally watched it on netflix and I gotta say....this was one of the stupidest movies ever madeI mean seriously I cringed at the coming attractions and shit before/when it came out because of that moronic part with the white horse only to find out it's not just the one scene but throughout the entire freaking movie. you got myers ster running around thoughout the movie likely the typical spoiled brat you just wanted to slap her or myers to just kill her already lol everyone in it was soo trashy, myers mother looked like some ghostly junkie. I really don't know why they insted on attaching this garbage to the halloween name, they were lucky the first one was decent.

and that about sums up my rant....all of this is just my opinion of course lol

kweandee Tuesday 6/22/2010 at 09:59 PM | 64703
that movie had a lot of potential but rob zombies problem is his wife always has way too much screen time. she had more screen time than myers in that movie. as much as i love seeing a stupid fucking horse for 2 hours i would rather see myers fuck shit up. i also wish they did not change actors for the child veron of myers. the one from the first remake was much better. overall i give that movie a 3/5
ZaPsamurai Friday 10/15/2010 at 01:53 AM | 66992
as much as i love Zombie, i gotta say

thank god he dropped the halloween rights. no more shitty remakes. sorry to offend people but really what the fuck?!?
ZaPsamurai Friday 10/15/2010 at 01:58 AM | 66993
As far as the acting goes I give Brad Douriff a 10/5on this one and I give Sherri Moon Zombie her usual BURN IN HELL/5

krueger4653 Friday 10/15/2010 at 02:13 AM | 66994
I really wanted to love this movie, I loved the beginning hospital scene and I liked alot of other parts. The atmosphere was really good at most points and the look was great. My biggest problem was poor planning. As it is now i just feel like they jumped in with bits from differant scripts and thought "we'll figure it out in the end". I think if the studio gave Rob some more time and he finished the script it could have been really good. Maybe he would have realized the horse was a bit ridiculous.
weaponx Friday 10/15/2010 at 04:15 AM | 67006
I am still mixed as I keep watching it trying to make more and more sense out of it. I liked alot of it but the damn horse just keeps kicking me in the bollocks.
cropsy Friday 10/15/2010 at 07:02 PM | 67029
What is even worse about the horse is that in the dvd commentary, he came up with that damn horse thing a few days before filming started. No wonder it made no damn sense! I love Rob Zombie but shit, couldn't he see that wasn't a good idea? Just terrible. I like the rest of the movie though.
krubber Friday 10/15/2010 at 08:56 PM | 67038
I watched it with the commentary and just wanted to smack him even more for the horse. I don't see what he could have been smoking to make him think it would be good.
cropsy Friday 10/15/2010 at 11:00 PM | 67046
I would rather watch Titanic every night for the rest of my life than to be subjected to ever watching Rob Zombie's Halloween or H2. Bad enough he had to shit on John Carpenter's face with his fail at remaking Halloween but then he had to go and blow his load completely as a filmaker with H2.

One reason Michael Myers is scary is because he had no reason for killing. He just did it. Rob Zombie just turned him into a son of a white trash abuve family with a whore mom. It made him lose all his evil and made you feel sorry for em.

Then in pt 2 he bacally turned Michael into Jason (IE) dead mom making him kill.....

Get more original Zombie or stick to making muc. Oh wait..... U are starting to suck at that too.
allthingsundead Saturday 10/16/2010 at 04:16 PM | 67067
i recut the movie without the horse and his stupid wife and the fake little myers and less of loomis being a dick

its much better now lol

heres what i think of his stupid horse
Johnny Bisco Sunday 10/17/2010 at 02:46 AM | 67075
I would rather watch Titanic every night for the rest of my life than to be subjected to ever watching Rob Zombie's Halloween or H2. Bad enough he had to shit on John Carpenter's face with his fail at remaking Halloween but then he had to go and blow his load completely as a filmaker with H2.

One reason Michael Myers is scary is because he had no reason for killing. He just did it. Rob Zombie just turned him into a son of a white trash abuve family with a whore mom. It made him lose all his evil and made you feel sorry for em.

Then in pt 2 he bacally turned Michael into Jason (IE) dead mom making him kill.....

Get more original Zombie or stick to making muc. Oh wait..... U are starting to suck at that too.

You'd rather watch Titanic? id rather watch a horror film. Rob shat on JC's face? lol....man he must have a very personal vendetta against the man. You didn't think RZ's Michael was scary? Oh, maybe we should go back the clown he became in debacles like H5, H8...getting his ass handed to him by a rapper. Wow, thats high end horror there, way to go preserving JC's vion on that one!!!!

Im ck of the anti RZ trend, and thats what it is. His H1 and H2 will forever be a love it or hate it deal, and I get it. I dont think the holy grail of horror needed to be remade, that being said I enjoyed the remakes. Where Rob does score serious points in horror history is with HOUSE and REJECTS, especially REJECTS. Its an almost perfect film, and the Firefly clan is official horror royalty.
ny ghoul Sunday 10/17/2010 at 04:11 AM | 67081
ny ghoul...Im with you on House and Rejects as I think they are two of the greatest films ever made, as you will see that in all my other posts about Zombie.

As far as his Halloween yea they are that horrible. At least all the other films made him scary by being a normal man and not some giant flipping over cars. With the exception of Resurrection, I'll give you that one. I would like to think that Zombie would've done a better job if he would've just made a Halloween of his own instead of a remake and a I don't know what the hell u call H2, but I seriously don't think he comprehends the premise behind Myers as Carpenter, the creator and forefather of him intended him to be.

In clong I love Zombie as an original filmmaker but when he touches other peoples work HELL NO!!!!!

P.S. I know everyone has their own opinion and I respect you for sticking up for what you believe in. Stay ck.
allthingsundead Sunday 10/17/2010 at 09:04 AM | 67087
Evan i think you know where im coming from, im not entirely on the anti rob train

i just want to see ONE just ONE movie from him without his wife in it

she was fine in HO1C and TDJ, she worked in those quite well and they were very good, but when you start seeing her in all his movies where she doesnt fit it starts to drive you nuts

maybe if she could land a movie thats made by someone else where rob has ZERO involvement i might take her more seriously

i enjoyed HO1C and TDJ a lot i really did

i was upset halloween got remade

his halloween wasnt horrible it was for the most part pretty good, were there aspects i didnt like? sure, there always is in a lot of movies, most movies arent perfect

ill watch rzs halloween before i watch H5 or H8 (there i said it somewhere theres a few people laughing i admitted that lol)

but ill watch H5 or H8 before his H2 (well except my cut of it)
Johnny Bisco Sunday 10/17/2010 at 10:34 AM | 67091
allthings.....cool man, I hope I wasn't coming across like a prick lol. I just think that every couple of years horror (muc scenes are the same way) has its hero and its whipping boy and right now RZ is tied to the whipping post. Many times a bit unfairly.

Ive seen so many attacks on his writing, his directing, his actor choices....as if mainstream horrors in recent years have been clasc level.

Anyway, like i said, I respect anyones opinion and I agree that Halloween never needed to be remade. My only point was that being that it WAS remade, Im glad Rob put his own new slant to the character. What good would it have been if he did thr EXACT same thing that JC offered up? I dont have a problem with Myers being the ze of Frankenstein. To me its intimidating, RZ Myers was a psychopathic juggernaut. Mystical? no. "The Shape"? no...but a human mind gone very wrong? yes. And to me thats frightening.

As for Mrs. Z? I agree Rob needs to leave her out of his next film lol.

btw John, I need a no horse shit edition copy!
ny ghoul Sunday 10/17/2010 at 02:54 PM | 67100
ny ghoul, thats why I was trying to clarify things. I felt like maybe I was being a bit pricky. lol.... I do respect Zombie for house and Rejects. He did his best at Halloween and in my opinion failed on a lot of things. I do like the score he did though. I got to hear him sample the score at a concert here before the movie ever came out. Was awesome..... I know we all as die hard horror fans have our opinions and ideas, my main issue is so much not with Zombie as it is with all the remakes. I am tired off everyone saying the younger audiences need their own veron to keep the story alive. Wrong.... In most cases except the Chainsaw redux it just flaws the originals and it makes me ck. There is a reason that the clascs are clascs. They will stand the test of time no matter when they were made. Most the people I have talked to that have never seen JC's Halloween but have seen Zombie's end up wathing JC's and say oh Zombies was better cause they are mostly just fans of his muc or they just think that the original isn't scary and kinda cheesy cause its so old. These are the people I tell are not true fans, in my opinion. But fans are fans, trying to argue with who likes what and why is like trying to argue who's religion is better and why. Does make for intresting discusons though.
allthingsundead Sunday 10/17/2010 at 09:42 PM | 67122