Forums Horror Collectibles
Guess who got H2 on DVD?

Yes, I did.And I can't be anymore disappointed. I actually calmed down a bit from August (at which time I wanted to walk out of the theater) until now and I thought I could like this movie more. I thought about what I liked about it (which was very little) and I thought it could actually get me to like at least 50% of the movie No! The vions are even more ridiculous, Laurie and her language is even more annoying, Loomis is more useless and Myers being unmasked 90% of the time could not be anymore of a letdown. Laurie is just....absolutely horrendous, she's the worst part of the movie. She's a white trash druggy drunk bitch! How in the hell am I supposed to feel sorry for her, acting like a complete ass, while Annie is obviously more of a "pure" character who deserved to live? And her language is just annoying and that's saying something coming from a guy who cusses worse than a sailor. The vulgarity just shows the lack of script writing ability on Rob's part.

The only 3 likable things about H2 for me remain to be Brad Dourif, Danielle Harris, and Michael Myers.

Instead of paying Malek $20 at Monster Mania for an autograph I think I should demand my money back for such a piece of shit.
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 1/13/2010 at 12:44 AM | 60202
LMAOI actually liked it alot Matty
kaizu Wednesday 1/13/2010 at 12:54 AM | 60205
youre talking about the new one. i thought it was odd you just got the original h2 on dvd and then hated it. duh.

BrandyWine Wednesday 1/13/2010 at 01:26 AM | 60209
You should have bought An American Werewolf In London instead.

;)
gummi Wednesday 1/13/2010 at 08:30 AM | 60226

True story. Heheheh.
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 1/13/2010 at 10:19 AM | 60228
I'm on the fence on picking this up.

I felt the movie was shit, but are there at least any interesting bonus materials on the disc(s)?
deathrisingup Wednesday 1/13/2010 at 04:10 PM | 60232
I never went to the theater to watch this and I just bought it today on dvd. I literally just got done finished watching it and all I can say is :

GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE......................... I can't even believe it sucked that bad... I knew it was going to be gay, but I had no idea that anyone could EVER fuck up a movie that bad... I mean damn... Can this even be clasfied as a Myers movie??????????? I felt like I was in the twilight zone watching that shit... The first 20 minutes of the movie was decent... And then it went to hell after that and then just got shittyer and shittyer the more and more I watched it... I can't believe I spent 20 bucks on a movie that I NEVER plan on watching again... The "ONLY" good thing that came out of it is the fact that my HalloweeN movies are complete again...

Just bullshit... Rob Zombie does not need to make ANY more remakes of ANYTHING... --Ryan
Harry Warden Thursday 1/14/2010 at 02:50 AM | 60249

;) Now that was funny
kaizu Thursday 1/14/2010 at 04:51 AM | 60254
-beautiful cinematography, stylized camera work and the use of light and dark was immense -great use of 16mm, the film had "that" old school horror look -amazing performance by Mane as Myers, the general consensus seems to be that he's the best nce Warlock -amazing performance by Brad Dourif, excellent stuff -great work by Danielle Harris -kick ass opening 20 min sequence -TONS of brutality, relentless kills and malice

thats more than enough to say that the film was good. Again, movie going is 100% subjective, but there are fields that can be criticized and those that can be praised. As far as the camera work and directing, it was stellar. Many shining moments from several actors as well as some crappy moments. I can see being "let down" if you're a hardcore JC purist, but for pete's sake...after H5 thru H8? Rob ZOmbie pumped some life back into a mistreated and dying franchise.

RZ's Myers is 110% PSYCHOTIC and BRUTAL. He is no longer the joke that got cracked by Busta Rhymes. And as far as not feeling for Laurie, does anyone care for the majority of people killed off in horrors? there are very few imo.
ny ghoul Thursday 1/14/2010 at 04:53 PM | 60260