Forums Horror Movie Talk
Do You Like Cheese?

No, I'm not talking about cheddar or mozzarella. That interesting discuson is for another topic. No, I'm talking about cheese in movies. Most of it coming in the form of cheapo flicks from the 80's.

Now I've seen my fair share of bombs in my day. Some films from those days really are just plain unwatchable. Now you have those that are intentionally cheesy, then you've got a whole slew of films that are really trying, but still come out covered with cheese.

I typically enjoy these movies like Blood Feast, Basket Case, The Toxic Avenger, Dead Alive, C.H.U.D., Night of the Creeps, Sleepaway Camp, Return Of The Living Dead, and Plan 9 From Outer Space just to name a few of the more well known. There really are too many to list.

So again my question is, do you like cheese? And if so, I'm interested in hearing what some of your favorite horror B movies are.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 1/19/2010 at 04:21 PM | 60405
Great thread man! the gooey, melty cheese is one of the reasons I love 80's horrors so much. You listed several that i would have as well, so heres some more:

NIGHT OF THE DEMON GARGOYLES BLACK ROSES STREET TRASH NAILGUN MASSACRE DEMONS 2 NIGHT OF THE BLOODY APES
ny ghoul Tuesday 1/19/2010 at 04:56 PM | 60406
Yo you guys are right on the money. I love some cheesy ass horror flicks and like you said the 80's was the decade. It's a shame but I would like to see some campy movies make it to the big screen like some of the oldies did. Maybe that's the next step in horror after remakes. Good thread.
joelsparks Tuesday 1/19/2010 at 06:06 PM | 60408
Supringly the Evil Dead was not mentioned... lol

Here's mine:

Night Of The Demons

Night Of The Demons 2 Night Of The Demons 3

Pieces Up From The Depths Dolls Hell Night Slumber Party Massacre 1,2,3 Slaughter High Waxwork 1 and 2 Dolly Dearest Graveyard Shift Kingdom Of The Spiders Berserker Piranha Rattlers Cujo

--Ryan
Harry Warden Wednesday 1/20/2010 at 01:28 AM | 60425
Every bit of the cheese...Great thread. Campy Cheesy Fajitas
Matthew Mayhem Wednesday 1/20/2010 at 03:30 AM | 60430
Just watched Tourist Trap, Chopping Mall, and Cheerleader Camp this past week. Talk about extra cheese.

Supringly the Evil Dead was not mentioned... lol Hey Ryan, we're just getting started here.

I'm happy to see that you guys like cheese as much as I do.
Myers31TKD Wednesday 1/20/2010 at 03:12 PM | 60459
Just watched Tourist Trap, Chopping Mall, and Cheerleader Camp this past week. Talk about extra cheese.

Supringly the Evil Dead was not mentioned... lol Hey Ryan, we're just getting started here.

I'm happy to see that you guys like cheese as much as I do.

lol I ment to put "yet" at the end of that...And I am VERY please to see that Dead Alive aka Braindead was added!!! I LOVVVVVVVEEEEE that movie more than almost any other B movie!!! The cheesy gore in that movie is just KILLER!!! Some of it actually makes me gag a little... Like the bloody pus in the Custard Pudding... Makes my mouth water -lol

--Ryan
Harry Warden Wednesday 1/20/2010 at 04:37 PM | 60470
Ryan, if you liked Deal Alive and haven't seen Bad Taste... you should definitely check it out. Another Peter Jackson film very much along the same lines. 8-)
Myers31TKD Wednesday 1/20/2010 at 05:29 PM | 60473
Personally I think that's one of the best traits of the horror genre.

You can get always with "cheesy" flicks and

a lot of times the campier the better.

Serious horror movies are always koool too but sometimes you just want to t back and enjoy bad acting and excesve gore. ~XOXO Sara
*Horror_Chick* Sunday 1/24/2010 at 11:36 PM | 60669
Serious horror movies are always koool too but sometimes you just want to t back and enjoy bad acting and excesve gore.

Exactly. There are just times (at least for me) where that's the only type of movie to scratch my itch. I can't put my finger on exactly why. I guess they're just fun.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 1/26/2010 at 07:52 PM | 60734
I always enjoy a good piece of Gorgonzola or Provolone....wait....i thought we were talking about cheese???

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 1/26/2010 at 10:50 PM | 60737
Cheeze Wiz ain't half bad either!

El Diablo Friday 1/29/2010 at 07:15 PM | 60840
Cheeze Wiz ain't half bad either!i checked the ingredients of cheese whiz and found that it has anchovies in it so im not a fan of cheese wiz
Fred55x Friday 1/29/2010 at 08:58 PM | 60841
Neon Maniacs Satan's Little Helper Pinocchio's Revenge Killer Klowns From Outer Space Night Of The Comet Critters House Dawn Of The Dead '78
JackOLantern Thursday 2/11/2010 at 08:48 PM | 61572
I love the old cheese movies and some of the newer ones. Some of my list may not be thought of as cheese movies but I have seen them on lists before so I added them anyways.

Evil Dead C.H.U.D. Humanoids From The Deep Chopping Mall Maniac Cop Night of the Comet Night of The Creeps Final Terror Santa's Slay Piranah Stuff and way to many others
cropsy Thursday 2/11/2010 at 09:33 PM | 61587
Condering that my professed love is Independant B-Horror Then, I guess loving the cheese is a requirment. Come on, I mean I proposed to my wife half way threw Toxic Avenger 3To be honest I prefer cheese horror, to a majority of major horror. Ive said once in another post already that I would much rather see the guy in a Laytex Monster Suit then a CGI Creature, its just how Im put together I suppose. With Cheese and Elmers Glue My Top 10 Cheese and Crackers are as follows:

1: Bruce Campbell ANYTHING !!!!

2: Evil Dead Trilogy

3: Dead Alive

4: Re-Animator

5: Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

6: The Toxic Avenger

7: Basket Case

8: Subspecies

9: Puppet Master (FullMoon Veron, not Sci Fi)

10: ANYTHING BY Lloyd Kaufman and/or Troma Films, FullMon Entertainment, Hammer Films,Adam Green or Eli Rother

Harvey0005 Friday 2/12/2010 at 05:13 AM | 61611