Forums Horror Movie Talk
John Carpenter’s Halloween Almost Didn’t Happen

Check it out guys . . . if for nothing else, the fun photoshop job http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/02/01/john-carpenter-s-halloween-almost-didn-t
DaShape Monday 2/01/2010 at 07:51 PM | 60990
very cool read! i think the EK mask would have been kinda cool!
customcritters Monday 2/01/2010 at 07:56 PM | 60991
That was suck a koooooool story to read!

It really goes to show you that everything really has to line up for an independent film like that to get that popular.

I will always thanks William Shatner for his role in the movies as well.

Why didn't they keep the same mask for each movie?

~XOXO Sara
*Horror_Chick* Tuesday 2/02/2010 at 03:10 AM | 61015
The movie still would have been a great movie with the EK mask but may have not been as iconic as it is today
kaizu Tuesday 2/02/2010 at 03:27 AM | 61017

It really goes to show you that everything really has to line up for an independent film like that to get that popular.

~XOXO Sara

The original was used up until H2 had finished and then was owned by Dick Warlock and 1975 Kirk Masks weren't readily available being that they are rare. Plus it has rotted so much nce the first two. I believe that they tried to get DP to make one for H4 but in the end they went with another route. The mask in H4 has been debated that it was a Kirk, but many think that it was from a different persons face.
Matthew Mayhem Wednesday 2/10/2010 at 03:05 AM | 61436

~XOXO Sara

The original was used up until H2 had finished and then was owned by Dick Warlock and 1975 Kirk Masks weren't readily available being that they are rare. Plus it has rotted so much nce the first two. I believe that they tried to get DP to make one for H4 but in the end they went with another route. The mask in H4 has been debated that it was a Kirk, but many think that it was from a different persons face.

i thought it was only used in part one and william shatner sued.
thebeyond105 Wednesday 2/10/2010 at 02:40 PM | 61451
i thought it was only used in part one and william shatner sued. H1 & H2 same mask
kaizu Thursday 2/11/2010 at 02:03 PM | 61528
Good story. Some of that info has already been floating around online and a couple of magazines for a while now, but it was still a cool story, especially with the pics provided. Shatner mask or not, the muc is what really pushed that movie over the top.
JackOLantern Thursday 2/11/2010 at 02:39 PM | 61534
Wait I think I heard Shantner also sued? But that doesn't explain all the different variations.
customcritters Friday 2/12/2010 at 02:17 AM | 61607
Wait I think I heard Shantner also sued? But that doesn't explain all the different variations. It's a complicated issue.

To mplfy it... DP made the kirk mask. StarTrek owns the rights to Captain Kirk. Shatner owns the rights to his face. Trancas owns the rights to the Shape. Each want profit. Halloween being a low budget movie and to avoid rights issues, Trancas will only use a mask that has the likeness of the Shape, which is... A mask of a man painted white.
kaizu Friday 2/12/2010 at 04:24 PM | 61622
Threads like this make me relish in the fact that there are other dorks just like me all over the planet...and this board allows me to congregate and fellowship with them. I am still not that big of a fan of the Halloween films, but it was still a cool blog...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 2/12/2010 at 05:34 PM | 61626
Threads like this make me relish in the fact that there are other dorks just like me all over the planet...and this board allows me to congregate and fellowship with them. I am still not that big of a fan of the Halloween films, but it was still a cool blog...

take care, Tommy

How can you not be a fan of Halloween.
Matthew Mayhem Saturday 2/13/2010 at 12:24 AM | 61671
Matt,

I did not bother to see any of the films until I was well into High School and college. I was too busy watching the Friday the 13th's, the ANOES seres, Hellraiser series and any zombie films I could get ahold of. The whole idea of Myers just did not appeal to me at the time. I truly enjoy the first 3 films, but the rest, I could take or leave.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 2/13/2010 at 01:15 AM | 61674
Matt,

I did not bother to see any of the films until I was well into High School and college. I was too busy watching the Friday the 13th's, the ANOES seres, Hellraiser series and any zombie films I could get ahold of. The whole idea of Myers just did not appeal to me at the time. I truly enjoy the first 3 films, but the rest, I could take or leave.

take care, Tommy

Tommy I can completely understand that logic. I'm not sure why those other movie get the attention they do. The first 3 I can see but the others are rubbish IMO.
customcritters Saturday 2/13/2010 at 09:12 PM | 61707
It is nice to see someone else that shares my opinions of the Halloween series for once...I was feeling like the red headed stepchild for awhile there...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 2/14/2010 at 02:09 AM | 61714
It is nice to see someone else that shares my opinions of the Halloween series for once...I was feeling like the red headed stepchild for awhile there...

take care, Tommy The first 3 is all you need to see Tommy
kaizu Sunday 2/14/2010 at 07:12 AM | 61739

take care, Tommy The first 3 is all you need to see Tommy

True Dat. Those are the only ones I like.
Matthew Mayhem Monday 2/15/2010 at 05:43 AM | 61773
I have come to not care to watch alot fo the later verons of Halloween over the last few years and really I think alot has to do with the quality of them even though I did enjoy the Rob Zombie veron I wasn't as impressed with the second and the other instalments after H3 just were nothing comapred to the origional and the halloween that should have been named Season of the Witch. I also think alot of the crap from boards about who's Myers mask is better and all that has actually turned me off from alot of it as well.
cropsy Monday 2/15/2010 at 11:23 AM | 61777