Forums Horror Collectibles
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 - Who liked this sequal?

I re-watched this today and have to say it's more or less a funny, entertaining film which has you almost laughing throughout. This is the film that turned LeatherFace into a slasher icon during the mid 1980's. I find a lot of the film very dated and embarrasng to watch. Saying that, I thought the lead actor Vantia was very hot!!

feastonscraps18 Tuesday 2/02/2010 at 06:36 AM | 61029
I love TCM2, I know it's not everyones fav but it does have it's moments

Has some great characters with over the top gore but funny at the same time. Definetly an 80s slasher clasc
kaizu Tuesday 2/02/2010 at 06:43 AM | 61034
It was cool, I didnt hate it like I did the first oneYeah, I know blasphemy. In any case the one I liked the most was prt 3 and then the Re-Makes. I dont know why, just fat boy Leatherface never scared me, a tubby guy with a chainsaw just doesnt do it DudeNow, in Prt 3, and of course the Re-Makes, Leatherface is a friggin MONSTER, kinda like Jason you know, A BIG Dude, with a BIG ASS Chainsaw, now THAT my friend is intimedating

I know the original is very sacred to alot of people, just like most Horror film originals are to me, but the old school Leatherface ... come on, he'd run out of breath trying to chase down that kid in the wheelchair in the first flick. He wouldnt have been able to do shit. Just my thoughts.

Harvey0005 Tuesday 2/02/2010 at 08:53 AM | 61040
It was cool, I didnt hate it like I did the first oneYeah, I know blasphemy. In any case the one I liked the most was prt 3 and then the Re-Makes. I dont know why, just fat boy Leatherface never scared me, a tubby guy with a chainsaw just doesnt do it DudeNow, in Prt 3, and of course the Re-Makes, Leatherface is a friggin MONSTER, kinda like Jason you know, A BIG Dude, with a BIG ASS Chainsaw, now THAT my friend is intimedating

I know the original is very sacred to alot of people, just like most Horror film originals are to me, but the old school Leatherface ... come on, he'd run out of breath trying to chase down that kid in the wheelchair in the first flick. He wouldnt have been able to do shit. Just my thoughts.

Thats funny, cause I can't stand pt3

Nice to hear somethin different

I even have the dvd just to give it a chance
kaizu Tuesday 2/02/2010 at 11:59 AM | 61042
This is hands down my favorite TCM movie next to the original. OBVIOUSLY I love Chop Top/leatherface/Drayton Sawyer vs

Stretch/Lefty/LG .INCOMING MAILPlus all the other one liners are all kick ass. Savini did awesome with the gore and this is one of Tobe Hoopers finest films IMO.It is part of the whole Horror/Comedy Genre, not ment to be straight scary but gory FUN!!! I think it pulled that off perfectly.P.S. I love Caroline Williams - Stepfather 2, TCM 2, Leprechaun 3, Halloween 2 RZ even though that movie kinda sucked i enjoyed seeing her play that part.

I think she is kinda underrated.
Bloodynose Tuesday 2/02/2010 at 06:09 PM | 61048

I know the original is very sacred to alot of people, just like most Horror film originals are to me, but the old school Leatherface ... come on, he'd run out of breath trying to chase down that kid in the wheelchair in the first flick. He wouldnt have been able to do shit. Just my thoughts.hrm...its all subjective so you have your opinion, but Leatherface was never played by a "stream-lined" athletic kinda actor. He was always played by large, burly men. They all shared a "lumberjack" type of build. To call Gunnar a fat boy who wasn't scary is not only selling him short its off base. Its well established by critics alike that Gunnar did a superb performance. Too bad you didn't enjoy it, but hey thats what opinions are for.

I like 2 and even 3 (largely thanks to Ken Foree) and then I liked the remake and prequel....."part 4"? lol
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/02/2010 at 08:04 PM | 61051
Tiss true, tiss true. Lumberjack-ish should have been my wording. Still, I will give the original film one thing that I truly did LOVE, and that was the Chainsaw use, prior to the Original Texas Chainsaw, I cant remimber seeing a Chainsaw used in a Horror flick the way it was used in TCMass. For that, I give it FULL credit, hay now every one is doing it, or has done it
Harvey0005 Wednesday 2/03/2010 at 12:15 AM | 61057
TCM 2 is phenominal.

Defin. a comedy, but shit..gotta have some fun in the genre.

milar to Return of the living dead..it was meant as a spoof and became an instant hit amongst our kind
zmbgraphics Wednesday 2/03/2010 at 11:18 AM | 61070
i liked part 2 but i never found it funny.
thebeyond105 Monday 2/08/2010 at 07:10 AM | 61314
I saw part 2 in theaters and used to love it. As I've gotten older, I don't love it as much, but it's still a fun and entertaining movie in a lly/funny way. The original is still the best.
JackOLantern Wednesday 2/10/2010 at 05:05 AM | 61443
I remember when I first watched it..I was a little disappointed that it wasn't like the original. The original actually scared me a little. The reason why I didn't like it at first was I wasn't expecting a horror comedy. I think I had it in my head that all horror movies have to be completely serious to be good. I used to kind of have that elitist attitude where only the first movie in a series of horror movies is the good one, and all remakes suck, and horror comedies are cheesy and there for

bad..Too much time hanging out with douche bag wanna be film critics, was the reason for that attitude, and I am not like that anymore. I am a fan, not a critic.

I would rather just watch a movie and appreciate it for the things about it I enjoy instead of tting there comparing it to other films so I can look smart.

I remember the 2nd time I saw TM2. nce I really liked Bill Moseley in House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, I decided to try watching TCM 2 again, and I liked it. Instead of tting there thinking "this isn't like the original, this sucks..." and not really giving the movie a chance, I not only really thought Bill did an awesome job as Chop Top, I actually found the humor amung the second time. Why wouldn't I ? I am a huge South Park fan and that show also has some ck morbid humor. Infact I think writers of that show stole a joke from TMC 2 on the season 5 episode Scott Tenorman must die ( if you haven't seen it, you call watch all the episodes for free on South park studios. com) if you have seen that episode then you probably know what I am talking about.

Anyway, I ended up buying a copy probably a few months later, and I still watch it.
Moon Thursday 3/11/2010 at 08:58 PM | 62927
I always thought it was a great movie, and i mean cmon you get to see dennis hopper act like a complete freak!(not like thats a stretch at all!)

WRATHCHILD78 Friday 3/12/2010 at 01:18 AM | 62929