Forums Horror Collectibles
Gotta a Question for the Bidites !!!!

Okay, say someone you knew was doing an Independant B-Horror film on Vampires. They are seperating alot of the lores and B.S. about your common Vampire films and filling it with what a vampire truly could be. Your friend comes up to you and says:"Hay, what have YOU always wanted to see in a vampire movie?"Theres the question. Should Crosses work? Is it time to seperate the Mall Goth Vampire from what a Vamp really could be? Have you ever wanted to see a vampire pick some one up and instead of tosng them, he puts them in a back breaker via Pumpkinhead styleWhat have YOU always wanted to see in a vampire flick?? Just a fun question guys and gals, give me some crazy shit here.

Harvey0005 Thursday 2/11/2010 at 06:09 AM | 61513
just let him do what he does, as long as no one call them vampires in the film they can be just any monster. and thats always cool seeing new takes on things. but look at Twilight, they all those guys vampires, and they have nothing to do with vampires.
thebeyond105 Thursday 2/11/2010 at 08:52 AM | 61518
Some straight vampire flicks please

Enough of the sword fighting, gun flashing, dressed in leather flicks. Some pure biting and stalking would do. Vampires are suppose to be scary
kaizu Thursday 2/11/2010 at 01:57 PM | 61526
I'd say make 'em creepy and dark again. Maybe lent killers. Very ferocious. Lose the queer goth shit and the romantic shit as well. Just tear people up like werewolves, except they're vampires. Make 'em like this:

JackOLantern Thursday 2/11/2010 at 08:03 PM | 61562
i always liked the vampires in John Carpenters Vampires
thebeyond105 Thursday 2/11/2010 at 09:06 PM | 61581
I agree with kaizu as i would like to see them more back to the old school style and not all this flashy crap with swords, guns and so on.
cropsy Thursday 2/11/2010 at 09:21 PM | 61585
Soooo, you guys are sayinig Darker. Less mall goth. Less Blade. More like a monster as depicted by John Carpenter. Just becouse there vampires doesnt IMMEDIATLY mean there ninjas. Cut the bisexual atmospher and make them MONSTERS again.

Is this what Im hearing ??

Harvey0005 Thursday 2/11/2010 at 10:57 PM | 61602
Soooo, you guys are sayinig Darker. Less mall goth. Less Blade. More like a monster as depicted by John Carpenter. Just becouse there vampires doesnt IMMEDIATLY mean there ninjas. Cut the bisexual atmospher and make them MONSTERS again.

anything close to JC's vamps would kick ass. sounds like a fun project. will it be for sale when your done?

pamelavoorheesRIP Thursday 2/11/2010 at 11:03 PM | 61603
Def make them as badass as posble!

Raptor Friday 2/12/2010 at 12:48 AM | 61605

anything close to JC's vamps would kick ass. sounds like a fun project. will it be for sale when your done? That obviouse hu? Yes, and yes. Myself and a group of Independant film fans are putting together a vamp flick, BUT I dont want the vampires to be ANYTHING like the sparkling, mall goth, garlic intolerante, Judas Iscariot, sexualy confussed, Ninjas that we have seen in the past. I want EVIL, to me a vampire is fucking Monster !!! Thats what I want to display. The budget is around $8 or $9,000 so low budget is the key. Lots of Toma and Fullmoon fans on this project. I kinda want to wait till I get enough footage for a trailer befor going to much into it, but I wanted some ideas from the horror community, especially the horror community here on HorrorBid So, lets try this again. Any ideas Bidites ??

;)
Harvey0005 Friday 2/12/2010 at 12:58 AM | 61606
Very cool idea but that's tough. One would have to know the exact tuation and things if you wanted to get really detailed. At this point I agree with what your saying. Loose the whole mall goth, garlic sparkly stuff at the door and go for something raw and scary. Like they use to be.
customcritters Friday 2/12/2010 at 02:37 AM | 61610
I agree with the others that vampires to me are at their best when they are portrayed as sentient (and sometimes agelessly intelligent) ferocious humanoid creatures, and not just pretty humans that happen to have a "condition".

My favorites have always been Barlow from Salem's Lot, Nosferatu, and the vampires from 30 days of Night.

They are through and through vampire, as opposed to attractive, cultured models who just go through some sort of "change" periodically or "sparkle" if they get exposed to the sunlight.

It may just be me but the old-world types of vampires prior to the changes in the legend around the Romantic literature era are the only ones that I think give legitimacy to the idea that to become one is truly a curse to be avoided.

In other words, if the vampires in a particular film or book are so cool to me (a la The Lost Boys, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Anne Rice novels) that I wish I were one of them, then they're not really what I (again this is just my opinion) conder "vampires".

The only one that sort of crosses the line but that I still find very interesting is the little girl from Let the Right One In.

It's clear that she is cursed and deserves to be pitied somewhat, but she still retains her human, albeit childlike, complexity.

Sorry for the long post guys and girls.
deathrisingup Friday 2/12/2010 at 05:05 PM | 61625
More along the lines of the Vampire the Masquerade, The Book of NOD
Matthew Mayhem Saturday 2/13/2010 at 12:32 AM | 61673