Forums Horror Movie Talk
Chucky's Back

This may be old news but I recently read they are going to be remaking Child's Play, back to the roots of the evil doll and no son or wife, freaking mortgage payment and Chucky mowing grass, talk about a film that jumped the shark. What is everyones take on the Child Play series and is a remake a good idea?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 5/30/2008 at 02:14 AM | 12232
stop with the god damn remakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Friday 5/30/2008 at 02:27 AM | 12234
REMAKES

Myers31TKD Friday 5/30/2008 at 02:59 AM | 12238
I feel that the only REMAKE I would like to see in this lifetime would be Steven Speilburg's Jaws!!! I would love to see that remade! As far as the Child's Plays... I'll watch it an own it just because I have all of them. The only Child's Plays that I ever liked were 1 and 2... Part 3 was "OK" and no more... Than they just fucked the whole series with the wife and kid thing! It turned into a damn soap oprea!!!

I think the idea of a killer doll and story line that the original had was a really good idea, but doing a remake to that film, is just erellivant to me... It's kind of like Lex Luther being the new Freddy... I feel that if Robert Englund was throughing in the towl than so should the character Freddy in general...

On a further note of shitty remakes I would have to say Amityville was a HORRIBLE idea!!! It might not have been so bad, but the way they did it was really stupid and the Anitmated Jody thing was like another "Ring" or "Grudge" or "Messangers... I don't think I need to go any further with that... To many copy cat film makers! They take a film that made alot of money and just kill it by making movies with bacally the same computer animated characters ung the stringy long black hair shit... I HATE todays movies as it is let alone the Remakes... Redoing F. 13th might be a bad idea... I just hope they keep it Original and not send him to "Outer Fuck'n Space" Again... Or Manhatten NY...

Just stupid! ok so maybe part 8 wasnt as bad as it could have been... it was ok, but it just wasnt F 13th. Formula... I can't go any further with this... haha... well... I could, but I think I have stated enough facts... haha --Harry
Harry Warden Friday 5/30/2008 at 05:18 AM | 12241
I'd love to see a dark remake of the original. The last two movies were a joke! We will always have the original so why not.
CartyParty Friday 5/30/2008 at 01:19 PM | 12262
I don't know how to feel really. If it aint broke don't fix it... right? Well, there's nothing wrong with the original film, but the franchise is broke all to hell. I just think it's going to be hard to make it seem new to people.

I find it funny that ALL of these franchises have gotten to the point where a remake is the only thing that can bail them out.
Myers31TKD Friday 5/30/2008 at 04:12 PM | 12274