Forums Horror Movie Talk
Original Horror Film thread...

hey ladies and gents,

I would like to request this thread be used to bring notice to any and all original horror films that any of you come across. I have gotten to the point to where I won't even bother with the vast majority of horror films nowadays because soo much of it is either a remake or rehash of something that has already been done...and usually done better.

Please use this thread to let the rest of us know what movies to be on the lookout for...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 2/14/2010 at 02:21 AM | 61718
I recently just watched Martyrs....FUCKED UP FLICK!!!!

If you haven't seen it, watch it. I've never personally seen anything milar(people have said hostel, but hostel was terrible).

This one is a good, and gross all at once.
zmbgraphics Sunday 2/14/2010 at 08:41 PM | 61759
I have to agree.....MARTYRS is an original (with a classy nod to an iconic horror film) movie that is amazing! other movies I'd say are killer and original:

SHEITAN (french, vincent cassel is amazing...twisted movie!) CALVAIRE (french/belgian.....deep woods horror like Deliverance on steroids) INDE (french..excellent...chilling...violent!) THEM (fuck the Strangers...this is a scary original flick) DEADGIRL (australian...twisted, cruel..original) HOUSE OF THE DEVIL (heavy nods to 70's flicks but a nice throwback treat) OPEN SEASON (usa....well done moody film) GUTTERBALLS (usa ...insane nod to 80's slashers, extreme and over the top but fun!!!)
ny ghoul Monday 2/15/2010 at 04:20 PM | 61783
Is Deadgirl the one about the two guys who find the dead girl?

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 11:06 PM | 61862
Is Deadgirl the one about the two guys who find the dead girl?

take care, Tommy

thats the one bro. not everyone's cup of blood but I did find it original.
ny ghoul Wednesday 2/17/2010 at 03:56 AM | 61870
good deal. I found it last night and will give it a watch this weekend...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 2/17/2010 at 11:23 PM | 61902