Forums Off Topic
"Vacation" Reboot to Focus on Rusty Griswold

Even though we just saw Chevy Chase reprise his role as Clark Griswold in a HomeAway Super Bowl ad, that doesn't mean that New Line Cinema has abandoned the "National Lampoon's Vacation" reboot.

In fact, the studio has just announced that it has hired Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley to write the script. "Wedding Crashers" helmer David Dobkin is producing the new film, which will no longer carry the National Lampoon credit.

The fifth "Vacation" movie will focus on Rusty Griswold, now a grown man, who decides to take his own wife and kids on a road trip to Wally World before it closes forever. Chase is expected to return as a grandfather.

Source: Variety
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/14/2010 at 06:43 AM | 61736
No No No No No No no NO No no No No No No.....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 2/14/2010 at 01:29 PM | 61743
I don't know man, sounds pretty good to me. Chevy is always funny in my book.
aceofspades70 Sunday 2/14/2010 at 06:28 PM | 61755
I don't know man, sounds pretty good to me. Chevy is always funny in my book.

A couple of things need to happen but if coun Eddie's in it. I will watch it.
oldskool Sunday 2/14/2010 at 06:41 PM | 61756
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no....

Now the reason why I say this is because most likely it will be some kind of rude crude comedy ala the American Pie Series, Hangover, etc.....I do not want the to tarnish the reputation of the Vacation films like that.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 11:49 PM | 61863
I'm with Tommy on this one....Vacation is in my top 5 comedies of all time right next to Caddyshack, Back to School, Porkies, and Airplane. Its a clinic on clever comedy and wit. Chevy Chase is a comedic deity in Vacation....its close to being a perfect film! I can just see the vulgar over the top humor that they'll insert just to keep up with the joneses.
ny ghoul Wednesday 2/17/2010 at 04:05 AM | 61874
i wonder if Rusty will get naked and jump in a pool with a model, and which model will it be?
Fred55x Wednesday 2/17/2010 at 03:40 PM | 61886
I like the general storyline and think it has the potential to be pretty good. I see Tommy's point that they might trash it up like a lot of comedies these days. While I agree that's a definite posbility, my own thought is if they do make a mess of it nobody is going to hold a gun to my head to make me watch it nor will the movie gestapo kick down my door to confiscate my copy of the original.
lblambert Friday 2/19/2010 at 12:43 AM | 61958