I wanted to do this one for years now as I have never seen anyone do a full costume with lots of detail really except Wickedbeard, and never seen a life-zed Jason X. I got this about 95% done and it was about a 9 out of 10 on the pain in the ass meter, right behind part 7 at 9.8. I was going to do a full frozen veron but I did not want to cover all the details up with ice/frost, and may make storing it a pain. I might do another suit with that nce I bought specific clothes for this. The hood is from Bellamy, I added my own hair from a mohair beard I bought that worked great for hairing. This was my first time ever hairing a mask but I did not go for perfection here being it should look kind of choppy for Jason X. I added a little more hair than the movie just in case some falls out, but I used tacky glue and it seems to work well.
I like the bald look better but I am pretty happy with how this looks. Bellamy only added a few pieces so I wanted to get it fuller to match the movie more. I believe Els Studios sculpted the hood and I also got my hock from Earl, it came with the full frozen look which looked awesome. I took some ice off of it however as I did not want it to stand out too much and detract from the rest of the costume as I decided not to ice it much as licone smells pretty foul. But I may add some moderate ice and frost later to the whole costume.
I could not find any neck manacles that were even close, so I ordered a set of the only Halloween kind that I could find, and even they were hard to find. Only one te had them and it was out of the USA! The neck manacle was HUGE so I cut it down and taped the middle to keep it flexible, then painted them and added some velcro tabs on the ends so that I could put it on the neck being it would not fit over the head now. It is still even a tad too big. I was going to go with a complete rusted look, but changed them to some rust on top of black and metalic and some browns. I cut some plastic chain links apart and glue them for the de links on the collar. I used a smaller chain instead of the huge one that came with the set for the manacle and wrist shackles.
I made the eyes too ung latex, cardboard, and a doll eye which I use a lot, and shaped all of the skin around it and painted them and perma-wetted them. I also cut lines into the eye and painted red for a bloodshot effect which turned out great. I left the eye wide for now but later I may close it more. On the other eye I did the closed misng eye effect as well. I was going to add the fake looking black eye like in some scenes of the movie, but I think the closed misng eye looks better. I made my own straight jacket out of a brand new $20 Jesse James shirt from Walmart. This took A LOT of work and time to get right. I hated buying a new shirt to cut up but it is the only shirt I could find anywhere that would work. I put it on backwards and went to work. It fits the mannequin a little too tight backwards and brings the arms more narrow than I like, but that is how it has to be if I want to wear it. I got it as accurate as posble and still wearable which is tough.
I used a belt to add a strap/buckle, and was going to go with the open jacket look but decided to let a piece in the front like in the beginning of the movie. So this is kind of a combination of all the looks. I did not do the triangular cut in the shirt because I would have to waste a whole shirt just for that one little area, or build it in and make it harder to put on the mannequin. So I left that out. I also did all of the gunshots and various colors for the rotten ooze that flowed out. I made the broken chain shoulder straps out of the bigger chain links that came with the manacle set and they turned out pretty cool. I also made velcro straps for the straight jacket on the shoulders and on the bottom of the cardboard so that you can adjust them or take them off to fit different shoulder types, being I really bulked my mannequin up so I did not want them in a permanent potion that may fall down when wearing.
I also cut out tiny pieces of cardboard with a hole puncher to mulate fake bolts which turned out great. I just got some awesome latex hands too from Handiboy, and added some leather gloves that I also bought new to cut lol. I might have a machete for this too soon. I kept the buttons in the back of the straight jacket for wearability, and mply painted the strip to mulate the straight jacket and shoulder straps. But so far I really like how it turned out. I can't wait to try this on. I wanted to get bigger clothes for the mannequin but I always just get about one larger ze than I wear so I can use both for costuming and displays, saves time and money for both. That is all I can think of for now. I will post the better daylight pics maybe tomorrow. Here are some though that I took during the production.