Forums Horror Collectibles
Cinema Of Fear IS CLOSING FOR GOOD!!! -I HAVE PROOF INSIDE-

Ok so I lied... But nce you are hear,

AM I THE ONLY ONE IN THIS DAMN WORLD WHO FINDS THIS NEW PACKAGE DEGN TO BE DEGRADING, CHEAP AND TOTAL BULLSHIT???

And for those who are brand new to Cinema Of Fear, This is what the packages USED to look like...

Now hear is WHY I get very infuriated when I see this... To start with Cinema Of Fear took away one of the reasons as to why I liked them when they changed there package.

And let me just say that I never looked at the package as a Faon Statement although they made great looking displays for the figures, BUT I looked at it as though Cinema Of Fear knew by cang them in all plastic, that It would protect them and keep them in good condition. For example as long as the case is all plastic you wont have Folded cards, Water damaged cards AND If you want to dust off your cases ung a little windex, YOU CAN!!!

BUT NOW, we have these Card Board cards that can be very seseptable to getting damaged... And it shrank the ze of the display inde...

On a de note I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, but it also seems to me like they are cheapening the figures too. I've seen the new Myers figure. My buddy just bought one. The paint work and articulation is at it's BARE MINIMUM... Seems like they are trying to pinch pennies anyway they can...

Complete Horse Shit!!! I feel this is why companies go out of buness. People like a company that keeps there products Quality. That's why they buy from them in the first place. But aparantley I am the only one with the bitch because I don't recall seeing any threads on Cinema Of Fear's new package...

Anyway... Call me a nut if you want... lol...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Monday 2/15/2010 at 10:41 PM | 61794
They could be cutting costs. I don't mind a smaller box too much but if its flimsy? that blows.
ny ghoul Monday 2/15/2010 at 11:08 PM | 61796
I unfortunately always seem to open them so the package isn't as big to me.
cropsy Monday 2/15/2010 at 11:25 PM | 61799
I let all of my figures breath fresh air, so the packaging is of no real concern to me whatsoever.....so with that being said.....RYAN YOU ARE A NUT
Homicidal9 Monday 2/15/2010 at 11:41 PM | 61804
I know...See my problem I am VERY picky with figurine packages of the same brand... Here's my reason. If I am putting all my McFarlane figures on a piece of peg board and then all the Neca figures under the McFarlane figures and then all the COF... You get the idea... When they do things like change the package degn It just throughs off the whole damn line of figures on the peg board... I am ALOT like Monk... I like my shit Organized and evened out... lol... And I like to be able to use a damp cloth and a little windex when I do my dusting up keep. Can't do that on the ones with a cardboard backing...

I sopose many would figure me a very strange individual, but being normal is so dull... --Ryan
Harry Warden Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 12:34 AM | 61806
Ryan,

If we were all normal, that would mean we would all be the same. The world would be a very boring place if that were true.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 01:33 AM | 61809
I have a lot of figures and I have to say that Cinema of Fear are really bad! Paint job is horrible, the sculpt is horrible. For me the best 7 inch monster figures are from Cult clasc series from NECA and Movie maniacs series from Mcfarlane.

Cinema of fear - bad sculpt, really bad paint job and expenve!
Klempo Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 11:10 AM | 61830
I have a lot of figures and I have to say that Cinema of Fear are really bad! Paint job is horrible, the sculpt is horrible. For me the best 7 inch monster figures are from Cult clasc series from NECA and Movie maniacs series from Mcfarlane.

Cinema of fear - bad sculpt, really bad paint job and expenve

Call me biased, but I completely agree that no one will ever do it like McFarlane did. They were the originators and the innovators for soo many years. It is sad they don't do the movie maniacs line anymore. My only complaint with them were far too few points of articulation.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 01:59 PM | 61840
I agree... I liked McFarlane and Neca Alot better!!!

The Jaws Box Set..... ohhhhhh The one that got away... --Ryan
Harry Warden Wednesday 2/17/2010 at 06:31 PM | 61888
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the COF are the best combo of sculpt and articulation, at least until Neca hopefully starts making horror figs with the same articulation as their video game figs. There's not a Jason to rival Mezco Pt 3 and Pt 4 in my opinion, plus they gave us Chop Top and the Hitchhiker, somrthing I doubt Neca would ever have done.
jimm Tuesday 3/02/2010 at 02:54 AM | 62503