Forums Horror Movie Talk
Help Needed on a Movie List

Ok guys and Gals. I need to come up with a list of "Must have horror movies" and am looking for all the input I can get. Rare ones to new or whatever I want to build up my horror collection nce most of my other movies are being sold. Thanks for the help and I can't wait to see these lists.
cropsy Monday 2/15/2010 at 11:13 PM | 61797
heres a list from my collection....feel free to ask me anything about any film. I recommend them all. Anthropophagus, Axe,The August Underground films, Bad Ronald, Barn of the Naked Dead, Barricade, The Beyond, Bird With the Crystal Plumage, Black Christmas (original), Blade in the Dark, Blue Sunshine, Bloodsucking Freaks, Broken, Burial Ground,

The Burning, The Burning Moon,

Calvaire, Cannibal, Cannibal Holocaust, Cat On Nine Tails, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, The Church, Clownhouse, Crossclub,

Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Dawn of the Dead, Dead & Buried, Dead of Night, Deathdream, Demons 1 +2, Deranged, The Devils Rejects, Don't Answer the Phone, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, Don't Go in the House, Don't Look in the Basement, Doom Asylum, Dr. Lamb, Dungeon of Evil, Ebola Syndrome, Entrails of a Beautiful Woman, Entrails of a Virgin, Evil Dead, Evil Dead Trap,Evilspeak, Exitus Interruptus,

Fanatic, Fearmakers, Fight for Your Life, Friday the 13th 1-4, Fright Night, The Funhouse, Garden of Love, Gary's Touch, Gates of Hell,Genes, Goblet of Gore, The Guinea Pig series, Halloween 1-6 9/10, Happy Birthday to Me, The Hatchet Murders, Haute Tenon, Hell Night, Henry-Portrait of a Serial Killer, Hide and Go Shriek, Hitch Hike, Homicidal, Horror Hotel, House by the Cemetary, House of Dark Shadows, House of 1000 Corpses, House on Haunted Hill (original), House on Sorority Row, Human Pork Chop, Hunting Creatures, I Drink Your Blood,

Intruder, Inde (L'Enteriur), Irreverble, I Spit on Your Grave, I Stand Alone, Just Before Dawn, Kichiku, Last House on Dead End Street, Last House on the Left, Lets Scare Jesca to Death, Living Hell, Madman, Maniac, Maniac Cop,

Martyrs, Mausoleum,Men Behind the Sun, The Midnight Hour, Monster Squad, Mortuary,Mothers Day, Murder Set Pieces, Mutation 1 & 2, The Mutilator, Nails, Nekromantik, New York Ripper, Night of the Creeps, Night of the Demon, Night of the Demons, Night of the Living Dead, Night Stalker/Strangler, Nikos the Impaler, Norliss Tapes, Organ, Phenomena, Premutos, The Prowler, Psycho Jack, Psychotica, Race with the Devil, Re-Animator, Retribution ght Unseen, Red Room, The Redn Tower, Return of the Living Dead 1+2, Rigor Mortis, River Play, Rossa Venezia, Run and Kill, Schramm, Scrapbook, Seson 9, lent Night Bloody Night, lent Night Deadly Night, Slaughtered Vomit Dolls, Sleepy Hollow, Space Wolf, Stage Fright, The Stepfather, Strait Jacket, Street Trash, Suspiria, Tenebre, Tenement, Terror Train, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Three on a Meathook, The Tingler, The Toolbox Murders, To the Devil a Daughter, Trilogy of Terror, The Untold Story, The Vanishing, Vions of Suffering, Warlock, Witchboard, Witchtrap,Wolfen, Zombel 2, Zombie Holocaust
ny ghoul Monday 2/15/2010 at 11:29 PM | 61801
You can always pick up a copy of my movie, lol. Hey, at least it's cheap.
aceofspades70 Monday 2/15/2010 at 11:39 PM | 61803
You can always pick up a copy of my movie, lol. Hey, at least it's cheap.

And what movie is this?

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Monday 2/15/2010 at 11:42 PM | 61805
Damn that is a killer list NY and what is this movie Aceofspades???
cropsy Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 12:58 AM | 61807
Nightmare on Elm Street (entire collection) Halloween (entire original collection) Friday the 13th (entire original collection) Jaws (i like them all)

if you got these movies everything else is cream cheese
Fred55x Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 04:07 AM | 61821
Damn that is a killer list NY and what is this movie Aceofspades???

thanks bro. Its all subjective, but I listed what I think are the must haves. You'll notice I left off some of Fulci's other films as well as Argento and I also left off some of the obvious films.

BTW....Im still shopping THE TURNPIKE KILLER statede but I did score a deal in France. Im going to give it a few months and if I can't reach a deal in the states that I like, we'll self release. I'll let everyone know when and if that time comes.
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 04:13 AM | 61823
here are some of my favorites i think you might like.. some might not be straight "horror" and most you have probably seen but are pretty gory and great movies

nightmare and friday series (duh)

strangeland dawn of the dead night of the living dead

return of the living dead the dead hate the living day of the dead frailty in the mouth of madness night of the comet

severence puppet master series pumpkinhead trick r treat (dumb but lots of fun) FEAST (1 only) childs play

sorority babes in the bowlorama (yes its cheesy as hell but it brings back memories ) chopping mall 976-evil (fun when i was a kid) lol

well thats enough of my crap movies for now
Guts Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 06:25 AM | 61828
I certainly will have to start hunting through ebay for many of these. I will try and post a list or pics of my collection. It is always fun to me to see what people think are great horror and so on and also the fact it can spark up some great conversations.
cropsy Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 01:42 PM | 61836
Evan pretty much covered every posble sub genre in his list, but I think we need to add some universal and hammer clascs on there, as well as a few more werewolf films....LOL...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 01:57 PM | 61839
Evan pretty much covered every posble sub genre in his list, but I think we need to add some universal and hammer clascs on there, as well as a few more werewolf films....LOL...

take care, Tommy

speaking of Hammer films....thats my one weak area. There are soooo many box sets out there. Tommy, do you have or know of one you can recommend? I have the Lee films on individual dvds but I'd get a set that includes them as well if its worth it.

As for Universal, you can't get any better than the Legacy Collection imo.
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 04:43 PM | 61847
Here ya go Evan,

href="http://www.amazon.com/Werewolf-Paranoiac-Nightmare-Creatures-Frankenstein/dp/B0009X770O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1266343409&sr=8-1">http://www.amazon.com/Werewolf-Paranoia ... 409&sr=8-1

All great Hammer films, though I haven't seen Paranoiac...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 05:04 PM | 61849
or if you have a region free dvd player and want to truly go big time...

href="http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hammer-Collection-Non-US-Format/dp/B001YZU32A/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1266343409&sr=8-12">http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hammer-C ... 09&sr=8-12

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 05:06 PM | 61850
or if you have a region free dvd player and want to truly go big time...

href="http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hammer-Collection-Non-US-Format/dp/B001YZU32A/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1266343409&sr=8-12">http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hammer-C ... 09&sr=8-12

take care, TommyThe collection to own
kaizu Tuesday 2/16/2010 at 05:19 PM | 61852
Thanks Tommy!

yeah Kaizu bro, its about time I get myself a region free player! all these great foreign releases and box sets!
ny ghoul Thursday 2/18/2010 at 02:43 AM | 61921
Okay, I know someones bound to give me shit about his, but I'm supprised no one mentioned Let The Right One In. I own it and must say its an extremely good film.
DARKSP3CTR3 Thursday 2/18/2010 at 11:53 PM | 61953
Okay, I know someones bound to give me shit about his, but I'm supprised no one mentioned Let The Right One In. I own it and must say its an extremely good film.

My favourite film of 2009 and one of the best of the past 10 years. Excellent movie. Yes, a must have.
ny ghoul Friday 2/19/2010 at 05:25 AM | 61965
I find there are always some people feel get left out and to me that is why I love this thread or others like it as it gives you a well rounded idea of ones to at least check out or buy.
cropsy Friday 2/19/2010 at 11:36 AM | 61971
Well you should start at the beginning, Nosferatu, The cabinet of Dr. Calagari, All Universal Monster Movies, All Hammer films, Last Man on Earth (Vincent Price), All Vincent Price films actually, Ed Wood films (Plan 9, Bride of the Monster, etc.), all Romero dead films, Texas Chainsaw mas.( the original, & TCM 2 is as far as I'd go w/ them), Fulci films, Argento films, Evil Dead Trilogy, Hellraiser, Childs Play, Maniac, Cannible Holocost, Pumpkinhead, Toolbox Murders, The Thing (original & Carpenters), Halloween (1, 2, 4, 5, and R.Z.'s H & H2), House of 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects, And A Clockwork Orange for good measure. I could go on for a while but the baby's crying.....hope that helps a bit...Skubis
Skubis Friday 2/19/2010 at 02:22 PM | 61974

My favourite film of 2009 and one of the best of the past 10 years. Excellent movie. Yes, a must have.

I could not agree more...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 2/19/2010 at 10:18 PM | 61985
Here are some that you may or may not have thought of that I LOVED growing up.

Mind you that some of them may be corny now but I still love them :)

1) American Gothic 2) Fright Night 3) Once Bitten 4) The Lost Boys 5) The Gate 6) Creepshow 7) Evil Dead
KimmyBlanks Monday 2/22/2010 at 05:34 PM | 62110
I can't believe it almost fell through the cracks except for one mention

I recommend Hellraiser, Hellraiser II Hellbound, Hellraiser Bloodline, and Hellraiser Inferno lent Hill Hills Have Eyes - 2006 The Thing Dead Birds Candyman 1 and 2 only Wishmaster 1 only The Horseman - Australian film not Dennis Quaid one Texas Chainsaw Massacre - remake ironically Friday the 13th - remake as well Masters of Horror - Pick Me Up, The Damned Thing, Valerie On The Stairs, Incident On and Off a Mountain Road Midnight Meat Train After Dark Horrorfest - Frontiers Tremors 1 and 2
ironblade87 Monday 7/05/2010 at 08:47 PM | 64889
This helps me out too as I am trying to pick another horror movie I have yet to see. :)

I suggest: The Beyond (I second it from the first post) City of the Living Dead (Another Fulci clasc) Dawn of the Dead (Original) Zombi (aka Zombi 2) Sleepaway Camp (Don't bother with 2 or 3. Springsteen's ster got no justice after those films lol). Return of The Living Dead (The second one isn't bad either!) Dead Snow (aka Dod Sno) Trick R' Treat An American Werewolf in London Pet Semetary Class of Nuke 'Em High Toxic Avenger Carrie Lost Boys Evil Dead (Series) Creepshow Day of The Dead American Psycho

There are so many others, a lot of good stuff from prior posts too!

TaRmAn1986 Tuesday 7/06/2010 at 09:04 AM | 64899