Forums Horror Collectibles
Yes Twilight fans really are that dumb...

One of the guys on the UMA came across this tidbit...who knew Universal ripped off the whole werewolf idea from Twlilight... http://www.latinoreview.com/news/open-letter-to-universal-your-wolfman-ripped-off-twilight-9247
lblambert Friday 2/19/2010 at 04:16 AM | 61960
some people live life in a bubble, that's a pretty funny letter
Fred55x Friday 2/19/2010 at 04:51 AM | 61961
............................... god..... i hate the new generation....
Guts Friday 2/19/2010 at 06:37 AM | 61967
Peas and Rice, that's a new level of ignorance.
Myers31TKD Friday 2/19/2010 at 07:04 AM | 61968
That shit has got to be a joke no way it's real. It read like someone was trying to be stupid. I mean i get that alot of the younger twilight fans are crazy A holes but to think this person ACTUALLY thinks stephanie Meyer invented the werewolf.

This is clearly someone pretending to be a moron. I really hope so........
Bloodynose Friday 2/19/2010 at 04:02 PM | 61976
That was sooooooo flippin' funny I laughed ridiculously too much.

However, I do see where it could be a farce, to get a rise out of O.G.'s like us in the genre, on the other hand, I've got a 14 year old niece that actually would agree wholeheartedly with these statements. We've had many o' discuson about the non-accuracy of the "twilight saga". Nevermind a movie was made at the dawn of the film age. This chick is right, and vampires sparkle, werewolves change when ever they please, etc etc.

So if it's a teenager then yes, it's real. And ckening.History and knowledge is clearly not sought after these days.

Twilight fans remind me of Scientology followers.
zmbgraphics Friday 2/19/2010 at 05:00 PM | 61978
OMG hahaha....I think the only thing funnier was some of the comments on the te at the bottom of the letter.

Now on a serious note....wtf? I mean before I even seriously got into horror there were some bare essentials of knowledge when it came to the subject. It would be like me saying buffy/angel created vampires when it came out

kweandee Friday 2/19/2010 at 06:05 PM | 61982
Now on a serious note....wtf? I mean before I even seriously got into horror there were some bare essentials of knowledge when it came to the subject. It would be like me saying buffy/angel created vampires when it came outExactly, it's like from birth it's instilled into us "Werewolves die by lver bullet" "Sunlight kills vampires, as well as stakes, etc".

Then this mormon chick comes along and pulls a catholic card and changes the whole structure of the genre. (I don't mean to offend anyone of either religion, it's just fitting for this subject)
zmbgraphics Friday 2/19/2010 at 06:52 PM | 61983
Now on a serious note....wtf? I mean before I even seriously got into horror there were some bare essentials of knowledge when it came to the subject. It would be like me saying buffy/angel created vampires when it came outExactly, it's like from birth it's instilled into us "Werewolves die by lver bullet" "Sunlight kills vampires, as well as stakes, etc".

Then this mormon chick comes along and pulls a catholic card and changes the whole structure of the genre. (I don't mean to offend anyone of either religion, it's just fitting for this subject)

No offense here dude. I cant even begin ....(and I have tried, just ask the HorrorBid Admin

) to express my HATE for Twilight and the Tween/Prostitot Mall Goth generation that worships its flaws and insultinge twings on our genre and monster lore. In any case, jsut for the record .... that was one of the funniest damn things I have read nce Lloyd Kauffmans book "Produce your own damn movie" lol, great stuff guys, great stuff.
Harvey0005 Saturday 2/20/2010 at 06:16 AM | 62014
I just skimmed through it. He obviously knows what the original Wolf Man is (I think). But he also needs to watch a lot more werewolf movies. He was beginning to like werewolves because they were violent and angry creatures? Well gee, the only movie they are these "docile" creatures are in Twilight. And even then they're not exactly "good". I'd love to slap that kid in the face who wrote that. Just another example of what Twilight has done to the vampire and werewolf end of horror.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 2/20/2010 at 04:37 PM | 62025
I really hope this is a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't
chubacabra Saturday 2/20/2010 at 05:14 PM | 62026
I really hope this is a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't

If it's from a kid, I would say it's serious.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 2/20/2010 at 10:00 PM | 62034
i think the person was serious as hell.
thebeyond105 Saturday 2/20/2010 at 10:07 PM | 62036
I would love to show that chick some links that explain why she is wrong, and maybe teach her some shit about horror movies, and how The Wolfman was a remake of the Universal clasc,

and teach her something about the beliefs people in Europe had about werewolves centuries ago. At least teach her ignorant ass something. Clearly all this girl knows how to do is be a boy crazy fan girl, and if she isn't careful, she might meet an asshole in real life who reminds her of the guys in Twilight and end up getting pregnant before she is ready to have a child. That is what happened to

a dumbass, boycrazy fan girl I used to know, although it wasn't Twilight she was in to, but she was as ignorant.
Moon Sunday 3/14/2010 at 07:37 AM | 62996
i love people like this because it will keep twilight fans from horror conventions and all the other things that generally interest us...well that may be wishful thinking...
tokyoafterdark Tuesday 3/23/2010 at 11:54 PM | 63169