Forums Horror Collectibles
New why bitch blog....

F'ing A. great read and oh so true.

BrandyWine Saturday 2/20/2010 at 06:27 AM | 62015
this may help, sorry long night.
href="http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php?blog=1&title=horror-has-always-changed-why-bitch-now&disp=ngle&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1">http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php ... &tb=1&pb=1
BrandyWine Saturday 2/20/2010 at 06:28 AM | 62017
yeah just read that, pretty much agree with it 100 percent. makes you wonder if things always were this way.
El Diablo Saturday 2/20/2010 at 02:30 PM | 62023
Of course things change, it's just that I'm sure many of us like the look of the 70's and 80's movies with the muc and the clothes people wore and they way people looked. There's a lot of excess in this "new age" and it has just become annoying. Back then it wasn't about making a memorable film, that's probably why many are so cheesy (and we all love cheese). Filmmakers and production companies try way too hard these days to make something the "new clasc". Well I believe the harder you try to do that, the worse the film will actually be.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 2/20/2010 at 10:05 PM | 62035
I thought that was an amazing article, kinda came out of left field. Great shit. I have done my fair share of bitching, no lies there.Yeah, the genre changes alot, generaly every 10 years horror goes threw another transformation

Still, I think this is the first time we have had the "Great Re-Make Revolution". To be fair, alot of Re-Makes arnt as BAD as we wont them to be, I agree that any time you do ANYTHING that is gonna be contrary (or however you spell that word) to some ones child hood favorite, its gonna raise some eye brows. I have enjoyed the fact that every time a movie is Re-Made, Edited, Envioned, Imagined watever ... the ORIGINALS start to show up again. Hard to find flims start poping up in Walmart and other places for $10 bucks and what have you, or they get the Blu-Ray treatment. So, there are some plus des to the re-imaginings. Also, when I tell my kids or younger friends that "Last House on the Left" is a remake (for example), they immediatly want to see the original. When people see these remakes, it gets them curious about the ones that started it all, and they go back and "BANG"We have new viewers for the films we hold dear.So, yeah Dude, as before. GREAT Article, top 5 best Ive read so fare this year, and I agree whole heartedly. P.S. Twilight still sux

Harvey0005 Saturday 2/20/2010 at 11:26 PM | 62044
the writing on this te is some of the best around. that article touched a nerve with me and at first i was a little like wait just a damn minute, lol, but then i read the whole thing. strong message.
Raptor Sunday 2/21/2010 at 04:20 AM | 62057
Great article.........I remember the pre-inernet days where me and some friends would get all our horror info from Fango and from the few "ins" we had in the industry and scene. I remember when the CHILLER horror convention was in a basement! When the NY ComiCon was in one room in some shitty hotel near the Empire State Building. Old school horror ruled becaused we felt like we LIVED it. Especially growing up in NYC....shit I LIVED and hung out where MANIAC, BASKET CASE, MANIAC COP, all these ck films were made!

things change and people get a bit jaded. Also, the new generation loves to complain and HATE on everything and anything. Yeah, most remakes suck...BUT like mentioned already many times it makes the kids go seek out the originals, and that makes it all worth it.

Horror changes due to the social climate of our country, don't forget that either. Vietnam played a HUGE role in horror films. I can clearly see the digital "give me now!" age having an affect on movies today. People want to hate on the new Freddy before they even saw the film? from a few stills of a toy or a grab from the film???? what about SEEING THE MOVIE...hear the blades scraping the pipes as his burned face emerges from the shadows and some str8 up scary muc plays...THEN tell me you like his new look or not.

like it or love it, or hate it....horror always stays interesting!
ny ghoul Sunday 2/21/2010 at 07:26 AM | 62064
Very good article. As a filmmaker, I'd love to know what people really want to see so I could make it for them.

Though I do want to make a decent living making film, it's more about entertaining people, not seeing how much money I can make from them.
aceofspades70 Monday 2/22/2010 at 01:49 AM | 62088
The one cool thing about Freddy is he isn't some dumb fuck lent/mask wearing killer like Leatherface, Michael Myers, or Jason Voorhees. Freddy has something the others don't, he has a face, a voice, a personality and a motive. He's not just some mindless zombie that kills people that invade his territory. He guns for Elm Street children for a reason.

With that being said, it may be a little tricky to remake a character like that. I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm just saying that it'll take FANTASTIC writers that know thhe character inde and out. You see, anybody over 6'3' could portray a masked killer like the ones i named earlier but it takes someone truely ted to take on a character like Fred Krueger.

I'm all for the remake and I wish it the best but there will be a few things I will keep my eyes peeled for. Either way the remake won't hurt the original. Great article.
sausagecake Monday 2/22/2010 at 05:28 AM | 62101
The one cool thing about Freddy is he isn't some dumb fuck lent/mask wearing killer like Leatherface, Michael Myers, or Jason Voorhees. Freddy has something the others don't, he has a face, a voice, a personality and a motive. He's not just some mindless zombie that kills people that invade his territory. He guns for Elm Street children for a reason.

With that being said, it may be a little tricky to remake a character like that. I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm just saying that it'll take FANTASTIC writers that know the character inde and out. You see, anybody over 6'3' could portray a masked killer like the ones i named earlier but it takes someone truly ted to take on a character like Fred Krueger.

I'm all for the remake and I wish it the best but there will be a few things I will keep my eyes peeled for. Either way the remake won't hurt the original. Great article.

I disagree. Sure, Freddy has more "character" than a masked killer but it's not just putting on a mask and going. The masked killers have specific traits as well. Michael Myers has his walk, which Nick Castle made infamous and hard to replicate. Leatherface also has his movements which Andrew Brynarski made notable. And as far as being a "dumb fuck behind a mask" Jason certainly isn't (not in the remake anyhow). Jason is a smart and resourceful killer. Also Michael, in the first Halloween, was very smart. He toyed with and stalked his prey throughout the film. Masked men are more than just dummies behind a mask.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 2/23/2010 at 12:04 AM | 62124
I think that people might assume that Jason, Micheal and Leatherface are dumb, because they don't talk. I think they make those assumptions about people in real life too, like if they aren't saying anything, they can't think of anything to say. Well, just because some one has a lot to say doesn't necessarily mean they are smarter..Look at a lot of the people who constantly bitch about horror and other movies online, if they are so mad about everything they bitch about, then why are they at those movies opening day?

When I know there is going to be something in a movie that would piss me off, I don't go see it, why throw away ten dollars?
Moon Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 07:59 PM | 62872