Forums Horror Collectibles
Shutter Island

This is NOT a horror film. The trailers were false adverting. Putting that ade, the movie at its core isn't really that good. It had some nice visuals, a good cast, score, set pieces, etc. but it wasn't that good of a film. It was disappointing.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOLLOW First of all, i hated the fact that this was advertised as a horror, it wasn't even trying to be scary, this was a mystery film. The main villain you see the trailer is in ONE SCENE IN THE ENTIRE F-ING FILM! Laeddis seemed like such a scary interesting character but he is only in it for maybe 30 seconds of the entire film. The twist at the end doesn't even go into why Teddy pictured Laeddis in this form or how he came to be, just that he mply shows up as the killer, This movie didn't make much sense and was actually pretty damn stupid, the story wasn't well written and the twist ending was confung so i can only give this a 5 for the reasons listed above. 5/10.
feastonscraps18 Sunday 2/21/2010 at 08:07 PM | 62076
I went in expecting nothing, and it didn't really exceed my expectations.

I didn't hate it or like it, it just felt sort of like a nothing movie.

And, I agree, it was definitely not horror
chubacabra Monday 2/22/2010 at 12:17 AM | 62080
Shutter Island is without a doubt one of the finest cinema experiences I've had in a long time. The brilliant Scorsese brings he's own style to this genre he hasn't yet explored. While constantly mixing reality with illuons and dreams, the whole movie seems like a magnificent trip to the very depths of what a film should be. The viewer himself is nothing but a tool for Scorsese to play with, and you would be surprised of the changes your mind will go through, throughout this film. It keeps you in super high suspense and has some pretty scary parts, while also pointing out philosophical, political and mostly psychological aspects. I assure you, this movie will grab you in every minute of it, and will stay in your head for a long time.
lencemark Tuesday 6/22/2010 at 11:31 AM | 64699
I don't know how anyone could mis-read the trailer. nce when has Scorcese made a horror film? Just saying. I saw it as a suspence movie. I peronally really liked the movie. The ending however is a usual Scorcese ending. It had me guesng all he way through. I know someone who is in the movie with a small role. He is the guy with all the tattoos in the basement of the C building I believe that DiCaprio and his partner sneek into to find someone. He used to work for my Dad and they paid for all his ink to get done.

Out of 10, I would give it a 8/10

Not a favorite, but world definitely watch again

TaRmAn1986 Monday 7/05/2010 at 05:29 AM | 64843
I think this was probably one of the best mystery suspense films in ages, M. Night needs to be taking notes like a m-f-er before he ever touches a movie again. Scorsese shows that he knows the buness of mystery without making a half-assed twist at the end which was practically every film Shamallama has been responble for. Not a horror film but absolutely enthralling with astounding visuals. Beautiful beginning to end.
ironblade87 Monday 7/05/2010 at 06:46 PM | 64861
Yeah I enjoyed it very much actually, Cmon people get those sticks outta your asses, and get off your soap boxes
WRATHCHILD78 Monday 7/05/2010 at 06:56 PM | 64865