Forums Off Topic
The Karate Kid Remake - I'm a Believer

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this . . .

When I first heard that they were remaking the Karate Kid I laughed out loud (I really did).

I thought to myself, "What a STUPID thing to do".Well a few things happened . . . one night a few months back I randomly popped in the original (DVD) and found myself reliving the old days.

It's been so long nce I've seen it I had completely forgotten nearly half the film.

By the end I was in awe of how impressed I was with it (even by today's standards).Anyways, I hear about the new one with Will Smith's son and I had zero faith but then I saw that teaser trailer and I was practically eating my words (and many other movie blog tes were too).

I couldn't believe it but the teaser made me want to see it.

Still, it's just a teaser I told myself but now the official trailer has hit and it actually makes me want to see this that much more . . . am I long my mind?

Am I the only one who actually wants to see this?

Check out the new Trailer

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810127520/video/18293399

Again, these are just trailers and don't represent the final piece of work but they are making me want to believe in this film . . . man I feel like a puppet right now

DaShape Wednesday 2/24/2010 at 08:50 AM | 62192
It actually looks like it might be good.
gummi Wednesday 2/24/2010 at 10:23 AM | 62193
kaizu Wednesday 2/24/2010 at 12:01 PM | 62194
oh man, you guys have more faith than I....first off do we really need Will Smith's privelaged kid in another film? theres so many kid actors out there, I dont need to see Will Smiths kid. it bothers me, just my thing though I guess. Second, ugh I loathed the trailer. All the (dare I say) charm and what made the first one unique is gone. It seems devoid of anyway a kid could REALLY relate to the character whereas in the OG there were tons of boys who were bullied who were able to live vicariously through Ralph Machio.
ny ghoul Wednesday 2/24/2010 at 04:37 PM | 62195
Some good points mentioned. I don't think I'll bother seeing this one. I can't really imagine what new things they could bring to this story that would make it any better. Of course, I won't know how unless I see it... but instead I think I'll just let you guys watch it and tell me how pointless it was.

Really... it might be terrible, but it may also be very good. Either way, I don't care about this movie.
Myers31TKD Wednesday 2/24/2010 at 05:41 PM | 62205
Is nothing sacred ?

Why is everything a remake. Why not remake, the shining, god father 1 and 2. I just dont get it . I loved this movie, i still do. I love watching Daniel son not fitting in, getting his ass kicked then coming backl the infamous "crane kick" . Everyone at one time has had their "johnny" problems and what else is better then kickign his ass in front of a large crowd of ppl..I mean i get why they are doing this so that they can appeal to a younger deomographic and would be a starring vehicle for will smith's son. Thats all i will call him. Will's smith son. Do the smiths need more money? Why even make this movie? Just go tanning and buy a lamborghini diablo like most rich kids do.

On a serious note i have an issue with all these remakes all of a sudden. I sorta hope this movie fails. That will preserve "the orginal karate kid" and all its greatness.

cheers,wigglethis
Wigglethis Wednesday 3/03/2010 at 04:47 PM | 62573