Forums Horror Collectibles
Madman Marz Life-sized Costume

I thought about doing this for many years now but kinda thought the premise of the movie was a little lly, especially saying out loud "Madman Marz...Madman Marz...Madman Marz" and this big giant Madman will then come out who looks like half sasquatch half caveman. I actually just said his name outde in the dark loudly and I did not see crap appear.

:biggrin: WTF?!

Oh sh!t... More pics and info to come, just some teasers until he is complete. This was another really tough one to get right and is about 95% done.

:biggrin: Man I love the finished result so far!
sirbrad Monday 3/01/2010 at 12:25 AM | 62469
hell that is cool. i would like to see the face a little more though.

pamelavoorheesRIP Monday 3/01/2010 at 02:01 AM | 62470
Yeah you will see the face A LOT more I just posted these as teasers being that he is not fully done, but will post a ton of pics in different lightings and bright outdoors when done. I got some good ones in the dark with his face showing more too. ;)
sirbrad Monday 3/01/2010 at 06:29 AM | 62479
Raptor Monday 3/01/2010 at 06:40 AM | 62480
More revealing pics of the Madman 95% complete. I got the actual costume 100% now and will be doing daylight pics soon, but I need to finish some accessories first to make the "set" 100% complete. Will do a video too in the end. I had to touch him up and make sure all areas were weathered properly and not over-weathered or over-bloody. Production info and pics coming soon. Enjoy.

:)

sirbrad Monday 3/01/2010 at 06:39 PM | 62489
Great costume from one of my all time favorite horror films
cropsy Tuesday 3/02/2010 at 01:36 AM | 62500
I am just finishing up a few more things and should have outdoor pics in a few days or so. I may post some more production pics with flash outde at night which came out pretty awesome too. Here is a fan made video too by the way the way that is awesome and really pumped me up to do this.

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcVb6G1gQH8">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcVb6G1gQH8
sirbrad Tuesday 3/02/2010 at 08:27 PM | 62531
I am ecstatic that Paul AKA Madman himself loves the costume so far. He is some of his message to me on Myspace:

"BRAD! MAGNIFICENT JOB!! He looks AMAZING and SCAREY....and that's from THE MADMAN'S mouth

OK...how about a very potive...... AAAAAOOOOORRRRRRWWWWWW!!!!!! One thing

MARZ is about 75 pounds heavier than this guy.....I was 278

when I played him in 1980....but.....the outfit is perfect, the hands look good, and the HEAD is absolutley GREAT!

LOL Please contact Larry New at he is a good friend and a world class MADMAN historian. He probably knows all about what you're doing already. You all need to be in contact with each other to be part of the CodeRed DVD."

I am also going to be talking to him soon on the phone, can't wait. But yeah I told him I did not want to make the Madman too fat looking as I don't want the Madman coiming after me, but I would have had to buy two more zes up if not more in clothes to make him bigger which would make it wearing it tough and way too big for me. Plus I only found one shirt that was right and sure enough it was the standard ze XL that I use for myself and disaplays. If I stuff this anymore the overall will rise up expong the tops of the feet lol. But yeah it is about 6'3" 250 or so which is HUGE enough as it is. I can't wait till it is done fully it has been one of my best experiences thus far.
sirbrad Wednesday 3/03/2010 at 01:23 AM | 62550
looking good keep it up
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 3/03/2010 at 01:30 AM | 62551
OK here is some more lighted pics when he was still about 95% complete. Next up will be some production pics and the final outdoors ones and video. The flash will bring out the weathering a lot more but he looks best in low light of course. Will have full body ones soon with the feet I modified and custom alternate sharp toenails.

sirbrad Wednesday 3/03/2010 at 01:39 AM | 62552
Last batch of the older pics, and just finished the axe and it turned out great. Lighting won't show the details and weathering well, hopefully outde it will though. It is pretty big too but I did want to go too big like the over-exaggerated one seen on Paul's te, as it would be too heavy to posbly pose with the display, it may even be now not sure yet. But it is a good ze kinda in between a standard and the huge one. I also noticed that the ze and shape changed a lot during the movie.

Still waiting on something in the mail to finish the other accessory. Hope to have outdoor pics and a video no later than Monday. I also added some more padding/girth in the des and back, but that is about all I can add due to the ze of the clothes. I like it the way it is though now. Also added some more blood to various areas and varying tones etc. Stay tuned for more.

sirbrad Saturday 3/06/2010 at 06:27 AM | 62673
Ok got the last of the outdoor pics done, the neighbors were really freaked out and though he was a real guy lol. Of course they do not know the character but said he was very creepy and scary looking. It was really windy out and kept blowing his hair around which made him look even nastier but I wanted to get pics with his hair normal too but it was tough. The mask is by Twisted Toy Box as most know, and I modified and made arms out of Immortal 300 gloves being they have no wrists, I also have smaller more human like hands and a boot look for the beginning of the movie but they are not finished yet. I got the big feet on eBay and as I said painted and haired them, it was REALLY hard to find feet and only 2 people had them. I bought a severed head on eBay and it was not cheap, abot $65 but WELL worth it as I am going to use this with some other costumes and projects coming up. She will make a great smashed frozed face too of that blonde girl in Jason X, which was actuslly my original intention. She only had blood on the neck so I added some on various other places and coming out of the mouth, nose, and ears. Awesome head and light foam.

I tried to make the Madman hold it as well as hold the axe, but the axe was too heavy and pulls the arms down too much. I may get a polyfoam one sometime to display in his hands better. I made the axe out of a real handle and cardboard so it is light and 100% safe for parades if I ever get a wearable veron. I wanted a wearable so I could do some reenactment scenes for the DVD, but who knows maybe I will find another one for sale cheaper later on that will make it. I also made alternate sharp toenails as an omage to One's Customs figure and Monte Ward's doll as I thought they looked really cool, even though Madman's toels are not sharp in the movie. I also did pics with them off. I also added nasty hair on his toes from some hair left over from mohair beard that I used for Jason X. I added some grey and white color into it as well. They are wearable too and I am glad that I could use them on the foot stand and not have to use the calve one which raises up one de too much.

I had to cut out the heel though to get it in but only a small hole. I painted the feet to match the hands and arms and be close to the face as posble. I added some mroe girth too, but can only add so much being that I bought the clothes to fit me big as it is, and only one one correct color shirt ever which is the standard ze that I use for my and my display, (XL) which is perfect being that I do mostly Jason. I also got a video coming soon and I got to get all this together to send in for the DVD. Enjoy.

sirbrad Sunday 3/07/2010 at 07:59 PM | 62722

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdF-oux5Slg">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdF-oux5Slg
sirbrad Monday 3/08/2010 at 12:26 AM | 62737
Some night time pics finished and hands during painting.

sirbrad Monday 3/08/2010 at 08:45 AM | 62754