Forums Horror Movie Talk
Alright I'll start this then.,

Pet Semetery remake, WTF?
oldskool Friday 3/05/2010 at 06:33 PM | 62616
I promisd myself that I would never click on a title that doesn't state the topic But actually I would like to see this
kaizu Friday 3/05/2010 at 06:43 PM | 62617
ideas are running thin
zmbgraphics Friday 3/05/2010 at 06:44 PM | 62618
I cant see ANYONE else playing the role of Jud. Other than that it can probaly use the remake treatment. It's just the Jud part that is gonna be hard to bite off.
El Diablo Friday 3/05/2010 at 07:20 PM | 62620
First I gotta say Diablo...I love your g banner lol too funny w/the pacman ghosts Now as far as remaking Pet Semetery....I would ask why but it's pointless. I just hope it doesn't suck too much

kweandee Friday 3/05/2010 at 08:37 PM | 62623
First I gotta say Diablo...I love your g banner lol too funny w/the pacman ghosts Now as far as remaking Pet Semetery....I would ask why but it's pointless. I just hope it doesn't suck too muchRight on girl!

I agree with kweandee, just hoping it doesn't suck to bad!

~XOXO Sara
*Horror_Chick* Friday 3/05/2010 at 09:05 PM | 62627
Don't they have other Novels they should be adapting

BTW I agree with Dez about Diablo's banner

Some funny stuff right there bro
kaizu Friday 3/05/2010 at 09:50 PM | 62629
I've posted a big bitch on the home page, but there's so much to bitch about I may as well bitch about it right here as well...

Pet Semetary was an Original Story created and developed by someone who obviously deserves the title "Creative". Which is none other then Mr. King...

I feel that if he can create an Original story then so can anyone else. SO DO IT!!! At least if that movie failed then it failed just because it wasn't that good. NOT because it wasn't true to SOMEONE ELSES work... 9 chances out of 10 says a remake is going to fail because we the old school lovers of the original work feel that it is fine as is OR feel that the remake was total bullshit...

Remakes are nothing but money makers and ONLY because our love for the originals FORCES us to pay the bucks to watch it AND own it so that our collections are complete. AND they know this. This is why there are so many remakes. Because they depend on us to make there money. Why be creative when there's a mob of Old School Horror movie goers that garuntees them there bread and butter?

I feel that if it wasnt for George A. Romero and Steven King we wouldn't have that much Original horror. Those 2 guys right there have a t to make something out of nothing. Those 2 guys alone brought us the following: 1. Creepshow 2. IT 3. Cujo 4. Day Of The Dead 5. Dawn Of The Dead 6. NOTLD 7. Rose Red 8.lver Bullet 9.Graveyard Shift 10. Sleepwalkers 11. The Shining - Based off of a King Book if I am not mistaken...

EXC EXC EXC... And this is what I am talking about... All of these movies are a huge part of our collections and this is because they are all not only good, but they are also creative... Unlike this uncreative remake era that we seem to be living in... It's just bullshit... I am a HUGE 3D fan, but damnit do something that is Original and in 3D... It's more exciting when you have NO CLUE as to what is going to happen next... For example, MBV remake... We all knew he used a pick axe therfor we could ALL asume that there was going to be a pick axe thrown at us in 3D at some point or another...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/05/2010 at 10:28 PM | 62631
the shining was a steven king book directed by stanley kubrick
Johnny Bisco Friday 3/05/2010 at 10:33 PM | 62633
the shining was a steven king book directed by stanley kubrick

Would you believe that I just watched that movie for the FIRST time about a month ago??? I am ashamed to say...

I am LOVING that old vibe feeling that is put off during that movie... The vintage hotel building, the acting of Jack Nicholson... It's just an amazing movie, but towards the end I was expecting him to be more nutty and I was expecting him to either murder his family OR just have more victoms that were comming up there like that colored dude that gave that kid "Doc" Ice cream in the beginning... Figured there would have been more action at the end... And instead he tires and dies in the snow... BUT I still liked it! It was a pretty decent movie... I own it now if that says anything...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/05/2010 at 10:40 PM | 62635
oh i love that movie i have it on hd dvd (remember those? lol)
Johnny Bisco Friday 3/05/2010 at 10:49 PM | 62638
shot me twice in the head now.
customcritters Friday 3/05/2010 at 10:53 PM | 62639
I'm hardly a Pet Seamtary fan so I don't care that much, but I'm sure we're all getting tired of this shit. They remake Jaws and that's when shit will hit the fan.
DrenTheLiar Friday 3/05/2010 at 11:22 PM | 62641
I'm hardly a Pet Seamtary fan so I don't care that much, but I'm sure we're all getting tired of this shit. They remake Jaws and that's when shit will hit the fan. i think we all said the same thing when halloween got remade..............................
Johnny Bisco Saturday 3/06/2010 at 01:55 AM | 62657
I'm hardly a Pet Seamtary fan so I don't care that much, but I'm sure we're all getting tired of this shit. They remake Jaws and that's when shit will hit the fan. i think we all said the same thing when halloween got remade..............................

Very true we did

, in any case it seems the topic always returns (as of late) to the remake game. Incidentally its not just horror, I mean hell, The Karate Kid and now there talking Back to the Future ....... So, remake seems to be the trend of the genres for the 2000s thus fare ..... or when actually did this shit start happening it seems likes we have been talking about this for ever now ?? You know, I LOVE the Jack veron of the Shinning, but to bring out the point from earlier, that film was about as close to the book as Rob Zombie was to the point when it came to Halloween 2 Still, AWESOME movieSoooo, we got a Teen Wolf remake in the works ... well its gonna be a series right? So does that count as a remake???We know the Crow got the green light, Pet Cemetery is now on the plate, We had the TCM, Fri 13th, Amityville, Crazies, LHonLeft, soon we have ANOES (which Im excited about

)

Am I leaving anything out??? Bringing it all back though I can see alot of good and bad with this trend. The good if no one ha noticed yet is ever time a movie gets remade, the ORIGINAL get re-releasedNormally remastered, or as of late on Blu-Ray which Im happy about. Also it gives some opportunities for people to see the originals, nce there out like a month or what have you prior to the re-hash. Also there is that posbility that you hated the original and loved the remake (Like me with a certain Horror Film ... that I wont name due to fear of my life

) The bad ... well I dont think I even need to go there, we have been over that to were damn near every horror fan from here to Europe has semi same feelings on the matter. Pet Cemetery was an AWESOME flick, I wouldnt mind the remake if its done well. Although I will agree that there are some other books that could have been made into films ... The Dark Tower series REALY comes to mindKing alone has written OVER 50 novels. But, the sad reality is that every one KNOWS the name Pet Cemetery and with the current trend ... thats the angle they will go with as opposed to taking a chance with something original .... kinda sad really.

Harvey0005 Saturday 3/06/2010 at 03:26 AM | 62661

Yea, they already killed my holy grail so I'm sure Jaws won't hurt me too much.

But speaking of re-releang originals...why don't they just do that instead of remaking everything?
DrenTheLiar Saturday 3/06/2010 at 03:30 AM | 62663

Yea, they already killed my holy grail so I'm sure Jaws won't hurt me too much.

But speaking of re-releang originals...why don't they just do that instead of remaking everything?

................... thats .... actually a very good point God knows I have a LIBRARY of Horror and Indie Horror that I would LOVE to see cleaned up (picture quality for those of you with a quick wit Great point Dude
Harvey0005 Saturday 3/06/2010 at 04:22 AM | 62665
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqu0ogtqlQs
customcritters Saturday 3/06/2010 at 06:59 AM | 62674
well if they do jaws then the trifecta of my holy grails will have been destroyed

those being halloween, psycho and jaws
Johnny Bisco Saturday 3/06/2010 at 12:55 PM | 62676
I've been ok with remakes for a while, but now its just getting ridiculous.

Especially with The Crow, that's the one that really pushed me over the edge with remakes
chubacabra Saturday 3/06/2010 at 04:57 PM | 62680
Yeh know... As much as I really am starting to hate remakes... I don't think I would be to hurt with a remake to Jaws... I LOVED the original and I always have it to watch no matter what happens... But there's one cold hard truth to face if they dede to remake that... We all know that Bruce will be CGI... No more hand build machine... B/S!

As far as the list of 2000's remakes :

1. My Bloody Valentine 2. HalloweeN 3. (Whatever one I may have forgot or left out)4. Friday The 13th 5. Nightmare On Elm Street 6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 7. Prom Night 8. Amityville

9. Crazies 10. Night Of The Demons 11. Exorcist 12. The Fog 13. Black Christmas 14. House Of Wax 15. April Fools Day

16. When A Stranger Calls

17. The Omen 18. The Hitcher 19. Thirteen Ghosts 20. sters 21. The Grudge

22. The Grudge 2

23. One Missed Call 24. Pulse 25. Ring Two 26. Dark Water 27. Mirrors 28. Children Of The Corn

29. The Wolfman 30. Shutter

This list was developed through what I already knew and what I was able to google... There's a list of 30 remakes in the past 10 years...

That averages about 3 Horror remakes a year... Which averages about 1 Remake every 4 months... I think it is safe to say that I missed a few Horror remakes and we could probably right it off at 1 Remake every 2 - 3 months...

We are in a Remake Era for the Younger Generation... We are all getting older and I sopose this is what happens... BULLSHIT!!!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 3/06/2010 at 06:26 PM | 62687
I read somewhere there's also going to be a lence of the Lambs remake...
HorrorFreak Saturday 3/06/2010 at 09:52 PM | 62695
ryan halloween 2 was not remade that needs to be removed from your listas far as lence of the lambs why not they already remade manhunter
Johnny Bisco Sunday 3/07/2010 at 12:04 AM | 62696
ryan halloween 2 was not remade that needs to be removed from your listas far as lence of the lambs why not they already remade manhunter

Was the Manhunter remake Red Dragon? I can't remember.

HorrorFreak Sunday 3/07/2010 at 02:31 AM | 62700

Was the Manhunter remake Red Dragon? I can't remember.YupThe Manhunter remake was infact Red Dragon, and to be honest one of the few times Ive been able to honestly say that I like the remake WORLDS more then the original

Harvey0005 Sunday 3/07/2010 at 03:00 AM | 62701
ryan halloween 2 was not remade that needs to be removed from your list

I removed it, but in all actualality that can be debated. The first 15 minutes or so of that film, followed the Original H2 at least 50%... Stands the reason it could be clasfied as a remake. However I can also understand that the majority of that film was completely new and off topic TOTAL BULLSHIT and I'll never watch it past the first 15 minutes ever again... It's a shame to buy a movie that you'll never watch again and it's only soul purpose is to look pretty and to have a complete collection... Just goes to show the dedication to the HalloweeN Franchise...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Sunday 3/07/2010 at 04:34 AM | 62706
ryan halloween 2 was not remade that needs to be removed from your list

I removed it, but in all actualality that can be debated. The first 15 minutes or so of that film, followed the Original H2 at least 50%... Stands the reason it could be clasfied as a remake. However I can also understand that the majority of that film was completely new and off topic TOTAL BULLSHIT and I'll never watch it past the first 15 minutes ever again... It's a shame to buy a movie that you'll never watch again and it's only soul purpose is to look pretty and to have a complete collection... Just goes to show the dedication to the HalloweeN Franchise...

--Ryan

Amen to that!
DrenTheLiar Sunday 3/07/2010 at 02:25 PM | 62713
I still have not heard any news or new news on The Burning remake but that will be one I know I will see but IMO you can't improve it without me doing it. I just wish they would leave some of these unless just re-releang them on blu-ray
cropsy Sunday 3/07/2010 at 11:25 PM | 62731
Man...WTH... This is gettin really out of hand.

The remakes after remakes after remakes is gettin a bit old and it's scary that they are running out of ideas for Horror.

God I hope they don't butcher this

KimmyBlanks Monday 3/08/2010 at 12:04 AM | 62734
what do you mean getting out of hand? its been out of hand for the better part of 4 years now

Johnny Bisco Monday 3/08/2010 at 12:24 AM | 62736
Another couple years and we will have 2 of every title in our collections...
Harry Warden Monday 3/08/2010 at 03:04 AM | 62740
A remake of Pet Sematary is probably one of the worst idea's i've ever heard

If i see a remake and it sux balls there is no way i'm gonna buy it. Not even just to have to the complete set of movie's. I didn't buy RZH2. It bugs me a little bit, but not as much as it would if i actually spent my money on the dvd. The Remakes these days are just making me ck. I can't even stand the last two TCM movie's.

I'll give anymovie a chance.

It's just that all the remakes i've been seeing are completely Horrible.

I'd rather spend my money on going to see Percy Jackson the Lightening Thief

That movie kicked some ass.

More than others anyway.
Bloodynose Monday 3/08/2010 at 06:53 AM | 62752
The remakes are gonna keep coming guys.Its just the way it is. Untile a new trend hits the Horror Genre the remakes are the big thing the major companies are gonna focus on. The sad part is .... being far (Dont hit me

) Some are really not that bad. Most yes, all no.I mean, at least with the remakes, Horror still get circulated to those who may not have had the oppertunity to view the originals, also we have already talked about that really cool re-release and blu-ray effectI agree that King has writen so many books that its sad to re-make Pet Cemetary. But, truth of the matter is, we deal with this for another year or two, and it will be ORIGINALS thats the in thing, or CGI Horror, or Horror films about FerratsWe just gotta roll with the punches .......... HOWEVER (you knew this was coming right

) When the genre shifts that the end thing is ALL monsters and slashers mush sparkle ALL the time ........ I will jump ship, move to the jungles of Africa with a generator and a VCR and live off of moss never to be heard from again

Harvey0005 Monday 3/08/2010 at 09:49 AM | 62756
what do you mean getting out of hand? its been out of hand for the better part of 4 years now

Very True!
KimmyBlanks Friday 3/12/2010 at 03:47 PM | 62945
Another couple years and we will have 2 of every title in our collections...

No offense, but you kind of stated the reason why there are so many remakes. Because the studios know that even if you guys complain, you are going to go see the remakes in the theaters and maybe buy some of them on dvd. All those people care about is money, if you care so much, then get ahold of email addresses for all the studios, tell them if we don't see some original horror there is going to be a huge boycott of their remakes, get as many horror fans to do the same, and stick to the boycott.

I don't know enough about the remake of Pet Semetary to make a strong opinion. I was a huge fan of the original and read the book a few times. I said on the article about the remake that I thought it would be cool

if some of the stuff that was in the book, but left out of the movie was in the remake..Specifically the stuff about the wendigo, the wendigo was the reason why the ground "went sour" and the Indians stopped ung the burial ground. I have always found the Indian mythology about the wendigo intersting, and if the remake included that, as well as a decent cast, I would be happy.I don't hate remakes, I would like to see more original movies too, infact I would be happy if there was a horror movie out in theaters that I would want to see, every ngle week.Both remakes and originals.

There are a lot of movies I really like, but I wouldn't be angry if they were remade. After all, Frankenstein and Dracula are clascs, and how many times have they been remade? No, I would be angry if a movie I liked was remade and I thought the people who remade it did a shitty job..Like the remake of The Wickerman. I thought it was really lame that the girl Nicolas Cage's character went to the island to find turned out to be his daughter. Didn't like the Amityville remake, or The Fog remake..So guess what? I didn't buy them.
Moon Friday 3/12/2010 at 08:36 PM | 62956
They just need to get on the ball and make the real movies that should have been. Pet Sematary had its shot at Rated R and did just fine. Now let "It" and "The Stand" step up for the true shot they should have had. I want a mean nasty Pennywise that drenches the screen in blood and by god do it while Tim Curry can still fill those big ol clown shoes. If anything have him voiceover, he's done voice acting before.
ironblade87 Monday 7/05/2010 at 08:29 PM | 64887
Re-makes "irk" me. However, re-makes do have their potential. Lately, I haven't been impressed by 99.9% of them. Rob Zombie's Halloween I did enjoy :) . Anyone can re-make a movie, but no one can remake the nostalgia of it.

I'm down to see what could become.
TaRmAn1986 Tuesday 7/06/2010 at 10:30 AM | 64901