Forums Off Topic
Member Down

This place has been a great support system for many of us. As I mentioned in a previous post, deathringup has not been well. Wednesday we found out he is suffering from right de heart failure. We believe this is due to viral cardiomyopathy. Meaning when he was rounding at hospitals, he went to see the wrong patient at the wrong hospital on the wrong day and caught a virus. This exacerbated his asthma or his asthma exacerbated the virus (hard to tell which happened first) and his heart got weak and began to fail. Best case scenario, which is not only what we are hoping for, but staying potive by saying this WILL happen, he will be a candidate for a "life vest" with a defibrillator and cardio meds for three months and will be reevaluated and could make a full recovery. If he is not a candidate, they will do a transplant evaluation which they will decide if he needs a pacemaker or needs a transplant. He has a 50% chance of recovery. Worst case scenario... sudden death. Normal people's heart function is 60% (meaning your heart when it fills with blood, it pumps out 60%). His is 20%. I don't know or care about any of your religious/spiritual beliefs, but any potive energy, prayers, spells, etc. sent out way are appreciated and welcome. I don't care if you are Christian, Wiccan, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, etc. We need all the help we can get when it comes to healing thoughts. Matt is 38 years old and any of you who have ever met him, you know he is kind and how unexpected this is. He is walking around a bit. We are trying to get the meds balanced. I will keep posting updates. I appreciate all of you. We are all a big family here for the most part. Though we don't post often as of late, we do have a lot of love for everyone in the group. I thank you all for just taking the time to read all of this. I will relay any messages you would like me to give him. Hopefully, he will get to come home soon!

XOXO

Nici
St. Pete Slasher Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 02:23 AM | 62803
Nici tell Matt we have been thinking about him and will continue to do so until he is back 100%. If you need anything at all do not hetate!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 02:52 AM | 62805
Matt... words cannot express how sorry I am that you are going through all of this.

I breaks my heart to know you are going through all of this and I will be sure to send all my thoughts and prayers to god tonight to make sure you have a speedy recovery.

I don't normally pray but for you I will do all that I can.

To the whole family, my heart goes out to you and I know I don't know you personally, but if you need ANYTHING at all please don't hetate to ask.

I will try to do whatever I can to help you all through this.

As a horror family we will all come together and send our prayers that Matt comes out of this 100%.

Please keep us posted.

Hang in there buddy... you've got a lot of people here rooting for ya
KimmyBlanks Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 02:58 AM | 62806
Hang in there you guys!!! This is horrible news and certainly not the kind of horror we like... I feel for the both of you! I truely do... I know what you guys are going through. My grandma only has 15% of her heart working and she had a Life Vest one time. But they ended up putting in a Pacemaker/Defiburulator... If they would do that for Matt, It is a Very fast procedure and it doesnt take as long as you think. They also say it is a mple procedure seeing as how they put so many in a day... I really hope he pulls through and I am sure that he will!!!

I've been in and out of hospitals for my family SEVERAL times and I know how tuff it is to just t there and wait for results... Walking up and down the hallway... It can realllllllllly wear a person out. So please know that I understand what you are going through Nici! Tell Matt that the guys Miss him and can't wait until he comes back!!!

My thoughs, My prayers and all of my feelings go out to the both of you and your family!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:04 AM | 62807
Much love and prayers going out to you guys.

All the best to Matt for a speedy recovery! God Bless!
ny ghoul Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:09 AM | 62809
I am new to the board but still, Matt, I hope you make a full recovery and are back at the board soon, so I can meet you.
Moon Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:11 AM | 62810
Thank you, all! This means a lot to us. I will let him know you are all pulling for him. We are very lucky to not only have you all as a family of sorts, but the people he works with have been a great support as well - from prayers and potive energy to offering to walk our doberman. I will post updates as I get them.

Nici
St. Pete Slasher Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:16 AM | 62811
My thoughts and prayers are most definitely with you guys. Tell Matt to hang in there. Make sure he knows that we're all pulling for him here.
Myers31TKD Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:18 AM | 62813
Matt, I'm pulling for ya man.
Snoballz Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:23 AM | 62814
I'm sending potive thoughts his way.

Stay strong man
chubacabra Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:32 AM | 62817
When someone is down on this te we are all here to pull for them! Matt hang in there we are ALL pulling for ya!!!!
oldskool Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:35 AM | 62818
Matt and Nikki, my prayers and thoughts are with you both. I believe you will come out stronger than ever and hang in there. All of us are thinking of you.
jasonchick Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:52 AM | 62819
Terrible terrible news, indeed. We are all sending potive thoughts your way. Stay strong, all of you.
strangerathome Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 03:54 AM | 62820
I'll be praying for you..
ImTheWolf Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 04:06 AM | 62821
Hang in there, all of us are pulling for you to get through this.

I know it's hard to stay potive while all this is happening but just remember we're here to support you.
Faustus Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 04:19 AM | 62822
Yo Matt is a righteous dude that will pull through this. Potive thoughts all the way!

joelsparks Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 04:22 AM | 62823
our thoughts are with you guys!
customcritters Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 04:27 AM | 62824
My thoughts are with you both.
nightmarejoe Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 04:43 AM | 62825
Matt, I will be praying for you man. I wish there was something I could to help.
Evildsm Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 04:49 AM | 62826
I ncerely hope things turn for the better. I'm 39 myself and can relate.
aceofspades70 Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 04:58 AM | 62827
Oh my, this is shocking news.

Matt, we'll be keeping you in prayers and thoughts man! Hang tough bud, we expect you back on here as soon as you make your 100% recovery.
DaShape Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 05:08 AM | 62828
this just sucks to hear! member down but its cool to see all the support. thats what makes this te so damn special!
BrandyWine Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 05:14 AM | 62831
prayers are with you both!
Raptor Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 05:18 AM | 62832
Like alot of others i am pretty new here. Anyway I hope the recovery goes well and he get's back to somewhat of a normal healthy state.

Bloodynose Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 06:05 AM | 62835
Best hopes and wishes to you, I do not know you but I know loss. There doesn't need to be this kind so early.
ironblade87 Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 06:49 AM | 62836
Very sorry to hear about this.

My thoughts are with you guys.
gummi Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 08:43 AM | 62839
I hope you will get better soon Matt! Stay strong!

-Klemen-
Klempo Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 09:48 AM | 62840
Thankfully, in this day and age, heart related issues can ealy be solved. I have personally witnessed a person go through heart surgery one day, and walk out of the hospital the very same night to go home healed.

Do not be discouraged. Have faith, keep praying, God will heal you. We are sending many prayers your way. Please keep us posted to the progress as things get better! All of our best, Marie and Brian Bridgeforth

EXPECT MIRACLES!
BridgeforthArtists Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 11:08 AM | 62844
Hang in, don't let it get the best of you. You've got all my thoughts and well wishes. Keep on fighting!
zmbgraphics Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 11:15 AM | 62845
Hang in Bro, all our hopes and prayers are with you and your family. Were praying for you man.
Harvey0005 Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 11:48 AM | 62849
Let's see if my english is good enough..

Times to times I went here and watch the forum, looking for good things about movies and collectibles. I laugh a lot with some posts (Ryan's are the best) and be fascinated with the masks pictures people post here everyday. And now a friend of us is suffering and having bad days... It really makes me sad... I`d like to help too much, if I could. Matt, you could be right that my prays are going to you. Nici, please transmit this message to him. If they need any support, please let us know. I'm sure people here will be happy to help a horror friend!

Take my best wishes for ya, bro! God bless you!

Que Deus te abençõe amigo e te dê muita força para continuar esta batalha.

Get well soon!

Glauco Luckmann
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 12:31 PM | 62850
I've been busy the past few days and I come back and find this!This is terrible news! I am so sorry

Do not give up hope and hang in there. The world can't afford to lose a cool friendly guy like you. You've been kind and friendly to every member, even on other tes, and always treat every person as an equal. I hope you get better really soon my friend and

I wish you both the best!
kaizu Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 02:51 PM | 62853
my prayer will be with you. hang in their.
scaryzack Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 02:56 PM | 62854
sad news but a lot of upde. hang in there matt. you will be back on your feet before you know it.
sausagecake Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 04:04 PM | 62862
This is truly sad indeed. We are all pulling for you. God bless.
Dunge44 Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 06:32 PM | 62866
I actually saw this last night on my cell but am still getting used to ung it to go online so I couldn't respond. Nici I am so sorry to hear what's going on and although it has already been said 100 times let him know we're all pulling for him and you guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay potive, if you need to talk or you guys need anything let me know.

;)
kweandee Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 06:34 PM | 62867
im pulling for you matt

you are in my thoughts please get well soon!
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 08:12 PM | 62875

matt my prayers go out to u man.. hang in there for us!!!! god bless you
Dillon sum Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 08:19 PM | 62876
Long time reader of this te but I rarely post. This was a time I felt compelled to post. We are all with you, get well soon.
BIGKen Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 08:32 PM | 62878
Matt and Nici I wish you both the best of luck through this and my thoughts and prayers are certainly with you in these tough times.
cropsy Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 09:28 PM | 62880
Pretty much anything I could type or say has already been stated. If you two need anything at all...please do not hetate to let us know...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 10:21 PM | 62882
horrible news but stay strong. we are all with you matt.

pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 3/10/2010 at 11:25 PM | 62885
This is such sad news but stay strong.

We are all here for you and Nici.

Can't wait to see you back on HorrorBid.

~XOXO Sara
*Horror_Chick* Thursday 3/11/2010 at 01:17 AM | 62892
UPDATE:

This is a bulk email I sent out on Facebook. Sorry if some things are repeated. But the message is important. Again, I thank all of you for the prayers, potive thoughts and words, and the love expressed for my dear husband. He is truly an exceptional man. Without further delay the update of wonderful news (THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING)

If you are receiving this, you have been a wonderful friend and very supportive of my husband and his struggle. We still have a long road ahead of us. I want you all to know I appreciate the potive energy, healing thoughts, love, prayers, etc. that you have sent our way. Keep them coming! Matt was admitted FINALLY last Tuesday after an upper GI endoscopy. Dr. Steckler wanted him admitted because he couldn't find anything GI related and things just weren't adding up. Some of you know that when people have chest pain it's not always heart related. And when people have GI pain, it is not always GI. People react to cardiology issues differently. Matt had upper GI pain and began to retain fluid. Thank God for a great doc that recognized something was seriously wrong!

Monday, Matt had a heart cath. It showed no scarring and no blockages. They came to the concluon that this is an electrical issue and it was caused by a virus. Having asthma did not help; however, his cat asthma was not the culprit in this case. He was mply rounding the wrong hospital, seeing the wrong patient on the wrong day, and picked up a nasty bug that caused the right de of his heart to fail.

Today we received wonderful news. He was given something called a "Life Vest". This has a defibrillator in it that will increase the blood pumped out of the heart. Currently, only 20% of that blood is being pumped out. Normal is about 60%. He will be on cardiac medication and wear the vest for three months. After which, he will be evaluated. The magic number is 40% - 45%. If he reaches this goal, he can say good bye to the vest and resume his life normally. Should he not reach that magic number, he will need a permanent pacemaker and be put on a transplant list (This sounds scary, but I assure you, he will be low on the list. His blood type is O+ which is a good thing. He also will be low on the list because in spite of all this, his heart is pretty healthy and he can live with a pacemaker). He has a series of doctors (Renal, Cario, and Internal Medicine) working with him. They are thankfully all Indian and awesome! LOL.

The Renal doctor want him on a 2 gram max sodium diet. This sucks because he LOVES processed and take out foods. We will make do! He has stopped smoking! He has not had caffeine. And he even quit drinking. I am very proud. He should return to work in about a week. They wanted him to get used to his buddy (Life Vest) first. Home Health will be coming in to give him oxygen which he will only be ung at night. No driving for three months! It will drive him crazy as he is always concerned about inconveniencing me. But as far as I am concerned, this is part of my job as a wife and a woman in love with her spouse, and I would not be doing anything else.

We are looking for a forever home for Rona, the cat. But in the meantime she will remain with us. If you know of anyone who would be interested and could provide her with a great, loving home, please let me know! Rona is a 10 year old calico domestic short hair. She is very lovey and has provided me with much joy throughout the years. The cardiologist does not seem concerned with her being with us, but I would feel better if she is not here to complicate Matt's health. I will send her with food bowls, food, and carrier. She does well with dogs and kittens, just not adult cats.

I can not thank you all enough for the support you have provided us through this madness! It means the world to me to have all of you as friends and family. Keep the potive energy, prayers, love, etc. coming. He is doing much better, but we still have quite a journey ahead us. Special thanks to Pete Tanner, who referred us to Doctor Steckler. I believe that indirectly without that I would be without my husband (a thought that scares me more than anything in the world).

All my love and gratitude!
St. Pete Slasher Thursday 3/11/2010 at 02:24 AM | 62897
Great news Nici, hopefully this is the turnaround needed!

See all our support probably did help!!!!

This community ROCKS!

~XOXO Sara
*Horror_Chick* Thursday 3/11/2010 at 02:37 AM | 62899
good news!!! he is still in my thoughts!
Raptor Thursday 3/11/2010 at 03:59 AM | 62902
I'm glad to hear his doing better!

All the BEST!

Jason
richardmalone Thursday 3/11/2010 at 04:05 AM | 62903
Great news. Hope he's 100% better soon.
kangas Thursday 3/11/2010 at 07:43 PM | 62921
Great news to hear. Keep us updated Nici!
oldskool Thursday 3/11/2010 at 07:54 PM | 62922
Great news, looks like the worst of it is over. I can imagine how happy you guys are.

kweandee Thursday 3/11/2010 at 08:14 PM | 62924
Matt, i don`t know you but i`m glad your doing better i`ll be praying.
shattered lens Friday 3/12/2010 at 05:49 AM | 62932
Matt & Nici this is AWESOME news!!! I will continue to send my potive thoughts and prayers your way for a full recovery!! I will be pulling for that 40-45% so he can go back to a normal like 100%.

Thanks for keeping us posted and Matt...keep on fighting!
KimmyBlanks Friday 3/12/2010 at 04:08 PM | 62946
Wow is all I can say!

I never would have expected such an outpouring of response but it truly touches me that you have all sent so many well wishes and prayers.

I finally was discharged home last night and am getting used to the new routine.

I'm wearing the Life Vest, which is kind of a pain but condering where I was about a month or two ago is a blesng.

Hopefully all the new meds will do their job and my heart function will recover over the next 3 months and life will go on from there as before.

If it doesn't and I need a permanent pacer and/or transplant then Nici and I will deal with that bridge when we come to it.

For now were holding out with our potive thoughts, which is certainly helped with all the potive energy we've received from everyone here.

It sucks when things like this happen to any of us but it makes me so proud to be a member of this family that such support invariably pours out when such a thing comes to pass.

Again I can't thank you all enough for all of your support.

We will keep you updated as things develop.

Until then hopefully we'll just get back to posting on all the creepy, horror-related things that we all know and love and that ties communities like ours together in the first place.Much love to Justin, Joel, all the Mods, and all the members for everything you've meant to us during this difficult time.

Matthew aka deathringup
deathrisingup Friday 3/12/2010 at 07:49 PM | 62954
Welcome back brotha, glad your doin well!!! Stay strong and you can fight this
kaizu Friday 3/12/2010 at 09:21 PM | 62958
outstanding news.....If you two need anything at all....please let us know. We have to stick together through good and bad. That is what truly does make this place a family.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 3/13/2010 at 01:01 AM | 62962
outstanding news.....If you two need anything at all....please let us know. We have to stick together through good and bad. That is what truly does make this place a family.

take care, Tommy

right on! glad your doing better deathringup!
feastonscraps18 Saturday 3/13/2010 at 01:42 AM | 62963
Wow is all I can say!

I never would have expected such an outpouring of response but it truly touches me that you have all sent so many well wishes and prayers.

I finally was discharged home last night and am getting used to the new routine.

I'm wearing the Life Vest, which is kind of a pain but condering where I was about a month or two ago is a blesng.

Hopefully all the new meds will do their job and my heart function will recover over the next 3 months and life will go on from there as before.

If it doesn't and I need a permanent pacer and/or transplant then Nici and I will deal with that bridge when we come to it.

For now were holding out with our potive thoughts, which is certainly helped with all the potive energy we've received from everyone here.

It sucks when things like this happen to any of us but it makes me so proud to be a member of this family that such support invariably pours out when such a thing comes to pass.

Again I can't thank you all enough for all of your support.

We will keep you updated as things develop.

Until then hopefully we'll just get back to posting on all the creepy, horror-related things that we all know and love and that ties communities like ours together in the first place.Much love to Justin, Joel, all the Mods, and all the members for everything you've meant to us during this difficult time.

Matthew aka deathringup

Matt having you back posting here with us is a dream come true. My wife and I both have been saying an extra prayer for you nce Nici told us the news. I know it's sounds cliche and all but support for the rest of the Bidite community helped in some way, at least I want to believe that. If you get enough people pulling for ya I think it makes a difference which is why we were so happy to see the response.

Hang in there and get stronger and stronger each day. I'm honored to have you here with us day in and day out and more honored to call both you guys friends. As Tom has said and many others, if there is anything else we can do don't hetate.

And to all the members this is why we started this community. To show the world that horror fans can be supportive and have fun discusng what they love without all the negativity you see on other tes. Major kudos to all of you!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 3/13/2010 at 05:08 AM | 62970
Matt!!!! Hearing from you is just awesome and it puts a huge smile on my face! I am soo glad that you are doing OK and I will keep praying for you and a very speedy recovery! Glad to have you back!
KimmyBlanks Saturday 3/13/2010 at 05:27 AM | 62972
keep fighting the good fight bro

i want to see you posting on here for years to come!
Johnny Bisco Monday 3/15/2010 at 07:36 PM | 63037
Wish him well.
DrenTheLiar Monday 3/15/2010 at 08:50 PM | 63041
Nici and Matt, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for the both of you. Matt you should still have my number. If you guys need anything let me know. If I have the means, I will.

Matthew Mayhem Sunday 3/21/2010 at 01:27 AM | 63119
My prayers are with the both of you!!!!Keep fighting!!
wickedbeard Sunday 3/21/2010 at 08:19 PM | 63126
Matt I am so glad to see you are back and things are going better for you. I wish you the best in your fight to fully recover and my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
cropsy Tuesday 3/23/2010 at 01:35 AM | 63151
Thanks again everyone for the continued support and prayers.

It really means a lot to me and Nici and I know has been very helpful to me through all of this.
deathrisingup Thursday 3/25/2010 at 10:24 PM | 63197