Forums Horror Collectibles
Trancas shuts down Horror Sanctum white mask page

if you go to sams catalog and click on it this is what you get

FUCK BRYAN RAYMOND AND TRANCUS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANY INFO ON THE MASKS THAT WERE HERE PLEASE CONTACT ME AT SAM@HORRORSANCTUM.COMlooks like the trancas crackdown has left ebay and moved on to deadicated tes

myers mask makers beware i have a feeling copyright infringement suits are on their way
Johnny Bisco Friday 3/26/2010 at 06:14 PM | 63209
Very interesting. We'll have to wait and see how quickly this progresses, but it doesn't look good for independent artists. If they'll do it to Sam's te, I'd say they could (and most likely will), do it to anyone.

The times may be a-changin'.
Myers31TKD Friday 3/26/2010 at 07:09 PM | 63212
this is bull, this has gone way to far. this will affect way to nany people and finacially hurt others. we should make a petition or something
scaryzack Friday 3/26/2010 at 07:55 PM | 63214
Same thing happened to CryptCo.
ny ghoul Saturday 3/27/2010 at 03:05 AM | 63220
wait how can they shut that down, their "white anyone masks" and clearly explains that their "anyone masks"...explain that...
scaryzack Saturday 3/27/2010 at 03:58 AM | 63223
My hat's off to Sam for putting his fist down and bacally telling them to go fuck themselves... Of course we all know Sam and his temper, BUT what gets me is how they can pull his photos down and try to stop him WHEN the title clearly reads, " White Masks ". And we know his sculpts are not the SAME Identical shape as the Originals used in the movie... So couldn't he just write that off as Coincidense???

I honestly don't see how they can fuck him over on that. I was always told that if you change the name of something and make it slightly differant that they can't fuck with you. Well there isn't anyone out there in this world that can replicate the SAME sculpt as the originals therfor making it differant and the title is mpley "White Masks". So there's alot of white masks, doesnt say he is infringing on anything...

Maybe I am just out of a limb here and don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, but I think I make sense... Anyone else think the same???

*And the bombs will now drop on Mr. Harry Warden* --Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 3/27/2010 at 04:51 AM | 63224
You know what? Trancus can kiss everyone's ass and I'll tell you why... And I bet Sam already thought this through... I'm surprised this hasn't crossed anyones mind yet... In '85 Don Post Studios couldn't afford the rights to make a Licensed Myers mask so what did they do? They casted Don Post Sr.'s Head and make what looked like a Myers mask. The resemblance was Def there! But they did not get any law suits over it. Maybe because it was Don Post's Head, but still in all does this not count for something???

By painting it white and doing the whole brown hair and eyebrow thing, would still be clasfied as an atempt to make what they wernt licensed to make in the first place is this not correct?

I don't know, but there's an idea to toss into the hat... Sam could give more info on this topic and to some this may be condered a touchy topic to bring up, but still in the same I feel this was worth mentioning...

--Ryan

I am editing this to save another post, but it just also occured to me that Sam would have to have used the SAME molds or recasts from the Original Masks used in the movie in order to Steal the copyright... He sculpted this masks making them HIS work. Any resemblance to the movie masks IS Coincidense...

I honestly think that Trancus knows this and they think by intimidating everyone, they will get the masks pulled...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 3/27/2010 at 05:08 AM | 63225
OK fuck it... I am digging this info up...Q8. What is a Trademark and can I use them?

A. A Trademark protects words, phrases, symbols, or degns identifying the source of the goods or services of one party and distinguishing them from those of others. Think Coca Cola, Disney, Looney Toons, Pep, Hershey's, etc. These companies are protected by Copyright Law and you may not use them without written permison and you must pay each of these companies a very large fee to obtain a license to use their work. If you are ung their names or trademarks without payment or permison then you are violating copyrights and can be sued.

You'll find that info @
href="http://www.cilm.com/gtag/copyright.shtml">http://www.cilm.com/gtag/copyright.shtml

"He DID NOT use the character's name OR anything else condered"

However when reading on derivative works, He has done. I still feel he can win that in any court case... I honestly do... Idunno... Maybe I am just blowing smoke, but this shit just pisses me off... In one hand we have a Billion dollar company who is making millions and in the other hand we have an average guy trying to make a few bucks to live and THEY STILL ARNT HAPPY!!! They have to fuck over the little man because they are afraid to lose any money...

It's just bullshit... If it were me "being the ritch bitch, I'd be thrilled to see someone recreating my work... It wouldn't bother me at all... I mean why the hell would it? I would have already made all the money I'd need in my life, why would I want to ruin someone elses? "

Ehhhhh

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 3/27/2010 at 05:32 AM | 63226
my thoughts on this.......................

bacally anyone who makes a myers mask be it a commioned one of a kind piece or 200 masks for avid collectors is breaking the law

even if you change the name and dont say its myers it still clearly is and is Trancas' right to shut down anyone who does it.

that being said i find it quite hypocritical that the guy doing this OWN MANY BOOTLEG MASKS!!!!!!

Mustapha Akkad (sp?) never had a problem with people making these because he of all people knew the mass produced masks suck, this whole deal lately starts and ends with Malek

now the other issue and i will always say this...............if they dont want people making these masks how about oh........i dont know............MAKE SOME GOOD FUCKING LICENSED ONES!!!!!

i own one licensed myers mask and thats because i got it half off after halloween for 25 bucks, they all suck and dont look anything like in the movies

i seriously believe that if they wanted to keep making their dime store pieces of shit for the masses at halloween but made some high end masks for the rest of us that want them they could ealy charge 100 to 200 a pop and they would sell out everytime, no more "dirty bootleggers" that sell to probably 3000 people a year fans would have what they want and no more troubles.

but until they actually take that step i will support the indie makers

just my 2 cents
Johnny Bisco Saturday 3/27/2010 at 09:28 PM | 63230