Forums Horror Collectibles
blank pulls like to see more

like to start by saying im new to this te and new to the whole mask making busness.one thing im deffinently not a sculpter. but i love painting/airbrushing the whole trimming, haring, that comes with a blank pull. its sad not to see alot of these mask makers dont offer blanks. it seems to me they could make a good penny on these being thats its alot eaer to shell out 50 to75 bucks for a piece of art that you could put your own touches on and be involved in the hobby kinda than having to shell out as much as 200to500 dollars for the finished product not that there not worth it because they are truly works of art without a doubt. well i could on and on but anyways its nice to be a member here and all you brillient mask makers keep doing what you do... thanks
wdloomisx6 Saturday 3/27/2010 at 11:40 PM | 63232
you have a point. i wouldnt mind tryin my hand at painting some of the things ive seen.
BrandyWine Sunday 3/28/2010 at 04:47 AM | 63239
A lot of artists seem to be anal about selling blank pulls because apparently people can recast it? You could just as well buy a finished mask, tear off the hair that's essentially just a painted pull...
DrenTheLiar Sunday 3/28/2010 at 04:37 PM | 63243
the only thing with that is your tearing apart a 200.00 plus mask because most of the real nice collecter masks are not mass produced or lisence mask most of those dont even come close to the real or even independent artist that make them. so your best bet would to keep the mask. ya as far people doing any kind of a recast on another artists piece thats just wrong if you can honestly take pride in selling or telling people thats your work well your just a plain retard.i have two pieces not finished just got my room done with my work bench compressor and all the other goodies that ya need to realy do a good job but people see them and ask who made the blanks i have no problem telling them and would never take credit for someone elses work i just put my touches on an already nice piece of art . my masks/busts will never be be worn or even handled much there for display only and will never be sold period.
wdloomisx6 Sunday 3/28/2010 at 11:07 PM | 63247
I think it all depends on the artist. I have sold some blanks of my work and have no problem with it, but there are artists who like there art as a whole and not combined with other artists. Most of the time you can just contact the artist and work out a deal, they will usually do them they just don't advertise blanks.

Brian
href="http://www.alter-ego-dezines.com">www.alter-ego-dezines.com
alter-egos Tuesday 3/30/2010 at 01:14 AM | 63271