Forums Horror Collectibles
Freddy Krueger Copycat killer

i was going to post if anyone has ever heard of a freddy copycat, then i decided to look myself and post what i found, i shortened down the article conderably:

A 37-year-old horror fanatic was jailed for life in 2007 for an horrific attack on his friend in the UK. Jason Moore had an unhealthy obseson with A Nightmare on Elm Street and in particular its central killer, Freddy Krueger.

He was so obsessed that he would spend hours crafting various replicas of Krueger's infamous weapon. The final model made by Moore had four curved steel blades, each as sharp as a cut-throat razor, which were attached to a welded brass amulet.

Moore had seen the movie over 20 times and one weekend decided to watch it again. The week following he used the glove to attack his 59-year-old friend as he slept, slashing his face, neck and hands. He wanted to emulate Krueger's style of killing victims while they slept.

Fred55x Thursday 4/08/2010 at 09:10 PM | 63412
The fact that there hasn't been a bunch of copy cat killings or at least killers wearing masks is shocking to me. I can promise you guys, if I ever lose my mind and become a homicidal maniac, im definately going to rock some big macs and a "white face" mask lol!

ny ghoul Friday 4/09/2010 at 01:38 AM | 63413
I remember seeing that awhile back. Thanks to this jerk, alot of our European buddies are not recieveing their gloves.

From the beginning of this year there seems to be a strict regulation in customs towards Freddy gloves in certain European countries. People like this guy just makes us look bad

kaizu Friday 4/09/2010 at 05:52 AM | 63419
I remember seeing that awhile back. Thanks to this jerk, alot of our European buddies are not recieveing their gloves.

From the beginning of this year there seems to be a strict regulation in customs towards Freddy gloves in certain European countries. People like this guy just makes us look bad i didnt think about that, demand your glove!!! take to the streets in protest or contact Jason Moore's relatives, he has some gloves that he can't use
Fred55x Friday 4/09/2010 at 06:20 PM | 63425
Sad that this happened but it also is sad in the fact it just gives more ammo to so many of the ones who are looking to cry how bad horror is for people. The movies IMO are not to blame but the messed up crap that is in their heads already.
cropsy Friday 4/09/2010 at 08:52 PM | 63432
Its the same shit no matter were you go. They will blame us (horror fans) and our movies

. Everyone needs a scape goat

. Blame the movies, or the evil muc or the pop culture icons

no body wants to take responbility and say "Hay, no body twisted my damn arm. I did it becouse I wanted to." ... oh ohhhh, I think I just gave away one of the central plots in my movie

Harvey0005 Sunday 4/18/2010 at 06:58 AM | 63567
Wow. Crazy stuff.

I can see myself spending hours making a glove if there weren't already safe prop ones, but I can't bring myself to kill someone.
Freddy Krueger Monday 4/19/2010 at 08:49 PM | 63580
Its the same shit no matter were you go. They will blame us (horror fans) and our movies

no body wants to take responbility and say "Hay, no body twisted my damn arm. I did it becouse I wanted to." ... oh ohhhh, I think I just gave away one of the central plots in my movie No kidding. That's all anyone does anymore is point their damn fingers.
pantera11431 Tuesday 5/04/2010 at 12:07 PM | 63722
The fact that there hasn't been a bunch of copy cat killings or at least killers wearing masks is shocking to me. I can promise you guys, if I ever lose my mind and become a homicidal maniac, im definately going to rock some big macs and a "white face" mask lol!

Matthew Mayhem Saturday 5/08/2010 at 07:54 PM | 63786

no body wants to take responbility and say "Hay, no body twisted my damn arm. I did it becouse I wanted to." ... oh ohhhh, I think I just gave away one of the central plots in my movieVery true. People have choices in life. Some however, make very poor ones like this. Why we blame medums such as movies and muc, I don't know. It seems like people just don't want to admit that people just do stupid crap.
TaRmAn1986 Sunday 7/11/2010 at 10:10 AM | 64996
I'm going to steal a line from "Scream" for this, "movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" The guy had some serious issues, its not that he was just a huge fan and sad "oh boy I wanna be like Freddy!" He was obviously messed up in the head and he used the nightmare movies to vent his craziness. I've seen the nightmare films more times then I can remember, but you don't see me sharpening my Freddy glove a killing people in their sleep. So dont blame the horror movies for all the nutcases out there.
krueger4653 Sunday 7/11/2010 at 12:08 PM | 64998
Sometimes, I walk around the woods and punish teenagers who are having sex instead of watching the kids at the camp.

I can take bullets like they're nothing, and even go into space. At the event that I do "die", somebody will ingest my heart and I will live in a different body.

Oh, and you'll often see me in Manhattan. I like to box on rooftops.
KeeterZ Monday 7/12/2010 at 08:09 PM | 65029