Forums Horror Collectibles
The Original Freddy Vs. The Remake Freddy

Would love to hear your thoughts....

href="http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/20...e-remake-freddy">http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php ... ake-freddy

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 4/12/2010 at 03:11 AM | 63482
Englund is what Bela Lugo was with Dracula. He'll always be remembered as the original/clasc Freddy. So far I love the look of the reamake. Too me it seems Jackie will become what Lee did to Dracula. More raw and viscious
kaizu Monday 4/12/2010 at 07:07 AM | 63486
I have to agree with you 100% Kaizu. Englund will always be respected and loved for bringing the character to life for me, but he also had this charming cheese factor that Lugo had as Dracula. It would seem that Haley is taking a completely different formula and bringing out the demon in Freddy again. I'm loving the look so far, the voice, and the acting style.

I really hope this film delivers well and does not wind up being a film where only Freddy makes it worth while. It was the entire cast of the original that kept the film going, even when Freddy wasn't on screen. That's my biggest fear so far, is a weak supporting cast.
secretsquirrely Monday 4/12/2010 at 07:18 AM | 63487
I have to agree with you 100% Kaizu. Englund will always be respected and loved for bringing the character to life for me, but he also had this charming cheese factor that Lugo had as Dracula. It would seem that Haley is taking a completely different formula and bringing out the demon in Freddy again. I'm loving the look so far, the voice, and the acting style.

I really hope this film delivers well and does not wind up being a film where only Freddy makes it worth while. It was the entire cast of the original that kept the film going, even when Freddy wasn't on screen. That's my biggest fear so far, is a weak supporting cast. Yeah, the young actors from the early slasher flicks did have better character

Not saying their acting was any better but the directors back then knew how to squeeze the juice out of them. I haven't payed much attention to the new generation of young actors but I hope they do justice.
kaizu Monday 4/12/2010 at 07:24 AM | 63488
Englund is what Bela Lugo was with Dracula. He'll always be remembered as the original/clasc Freddy. So far I love the look of the reamake. Too me it seems Jackie will become what Lee did to Dracula. More raw and viscious

couldn't have said it better bro!
ny ghoul Monday 4/12/2010 at 03:20 PM | 63489

couldn't have said it better bro!

100% agree.
zmbgraphics Monday 4/12/2010 at 04:16 PM | 63490
To add..So michael bay is just the "hammer films" of this era..right?

indeed he is.

I'll respect that..So far I've dug the remakes..so this one better deliver the greatness it's trying to pull off.
zmbgraphics Monday 4/12/2010 at 04:19 PM | 63491
I'm gonna have to go with Englund. He's the one I grew up with. Did a great job and made an icon of himself very ealy.

We must give honorable mention to the new Freddy though, very tough shoes to fill.
aceofspades70 Friday 4/16/2010 at 02:47 AM | 63536
I'm for the origional right now but will certainly update that once i see the new one. I like the look of the new one more then I did when it first was shown but the voice is hard to get over more then the new look just cause of growing up with Englund's voice.
cropsy Friday 4/16/2010 at 03:31 PM | 63542
This could be because I'm older now than I was when I saw the original, but the Jackie Freddy doesn't sound as scary as Englund's when he talkes, and he also appears to be very short in every shot...

It's like...Attack of the Midget Freddy! :)

(and I like Jackie--he was great in Watchmen, and is good on Human Target)
kangas Tuesday 4/20/2010 at 06:18 AM | 63591
After seeing the remake, I much prefer Jackie's Freddy over Roberts. I think he was far more nister than Robert's without a doubt. I also liked the overall look and glove better.
Hannibal Sunday 5/02/2010 at 08:35 AM | 63695
Yet again my taste for the modern prevails. I LOVE the Englund freddy to death( no pun intended) but...Im going to have to go with J.E.H. freddy. Like alot of others have said already, he brouth back the downright evil de of freddy and the animoty that comes with it.

1,000 apologies to Englund. But the new Freddy takes it in my book.
pantera11431 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 07:43 AM | 63989
Okay seen the remake on bootleg the other day. It and Freddy were alright, better then i expected actually but i still love and vote for the original. Robert Englund will always be "Freddy" in my eyes lol

kweandee Sunday 5/16/2010 at 04:09 AM | 64077
I got to see the new freddy the other day. Im a horror movie fan in general.I love them all, b- grade movies included.I liked it ok,but was dissappointed overall with the film.There was something about JEH that I just didnt like.I know alot of people liked his voice but to me it just wasnt right.To me all these remakes are about one thing and thats the mighty dollar.I wish more directors could come up with original ideas and make the next horror icon that people will follow for decades to come.After every horror film has been remade, maybe a director will buckle down and think of the next big slasher.....
MASK4ME Tuesday 5/18/2010 at 10:30 PM | 64265
New one was garbage I'm sorry... I tried like hell to like it and give it a shot, but dammit it was bland.

Honestly both need a little less cheese.
ironblade87 Monday 7/05/2010 at 05:04 PM | 64856
Okay seen the remake on bootleg the other day. It and Freddy were alright, better then i expected actually but i still love and vote for the original. Robert Englund will always be "Freddy" in my eyes lol

Totally agreed. I thought the new one was O.K. at best. The re-make had a lot of wasted potential. I thought the plot was pretty good. JEH makes a great Freddy, no doubt.

TaRmAn1986 Thursday 7/08/2010 at 08:31 AM | 64967
Englund is what Bela Lugo was with Dracula. He'll always be remembered as the original/clasc Freddy. So far I love the look of the reamake. Too me it seems Jackie will become what Lee did to Dracula. More raw and viscious :mrgreen:

absolutely. not to mention the fact that jackie had some very large shoes to fill and although many people despise him with the whole "no englund no remake" bullshit. haley pulled it off amazingly.
ZaPsamurai Thursday 10/14/2010 at 03:59 AM | 66906
definately Robert Englund.... The new Freddy looks more like Valdemort from Harry Potter. Voice isn't scary, doesnt look that scary and doesnt bring the sadisticness like England does... Without Englund Freddy has finally died.

On a de note, quit trying to ruin horror clascs. Zombie started it with Halloween and H2, then friday The 13th remake, now they are ruining Freddy... At least the Chainsaws got it right. Take note all the others.
allthingsundead Thursday 10/14/2010 at 01:58 PM | 66915
Robert will always be Freddy to me
lopli Thursday 10/14/2010 at 10:01 PM | 66947