Forums Horror Movie Talk
PLEASE vote for "Split Image."

Some of you may have heard of this film.

For those of you who haven't - this may be a biased statement - but you are misng out!

I grew up watching this on the old-school RCA Selectavion (anyone else remember those?) and later owned (& still do) the VHS veron.

Currently, this movie IS NOT in DVD (or higher quality) format.

I feel that this is tragic in that it has all a cult fan (literally, as it were) could hope for, PLUS a very cute & young Karen Allen!!

The story is sensational - O'Keefe is funny without trying to be but can TOTALLY pull off a brainwashed cadet - Allen can draw tears when she describes her former life - Dennehy is a jolly AND threatening as ever - Fonda makes you actually believe his rhetoric - & don't even get me started on Woods!

Also, if you've ever been experienced - you'll be amazed at how a certain scene embodies what you hear during this state...even captures elements of a bad-trip pretty good as well!

Again, this has NOT been released on DVD & I feel this is almost a crime - especially condering the big names & fantastic acting.

I'm providing a link where one can vote for this movie to be translated into DVD (or higher) format.

To any of you wishing to contribute your vote, I offer my personal appreciation as well as the appreciation of an entire 16 other people http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=91106

I would be delighted to see this number increase to an amount that TCM cannot ignore.

Thank you for reading.

Much Gratitude & Respect to you all, as always, --Bridge
Bridge Sunday 4/18/2010 at 08:56 PM | 63572