Forums Horror Collectibles
'A Nightmare on Elm Street' 2010 The Video Game

It's time to make this happen!!!!

href="http://is.gd/bY3fi">http://is.gd/bY3fi

How in God's green Earth is it 2010 and we haven't seen one slasher video game, HOW??????
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 5/07/2010 at 05:48 AM | 63769
beats me man, with the technology we have today i think its WAY overdue to have a real good slasher based game
Johnny Bisco Friday 5/07/2010 at 04:58 PM | 63775
I think that the reason we haven't seen a slasher-themed game for these newer consoles is really due to the lack of gameplay options it would provide. There is only so much you could do with Myers, Leatherface, and Jason; All of these guys are fairly one-dimenonal and are only really effective in specific environments. That's one reason why those old games were effective on the older, more bac consoles like Atari. Gamers today want tons gameplay modes and as many options as posble. The more there is to do, the better. Production companies know this, and the uncertainty of a game like that on the market today is probably stopping them from taking a shot. I'm not saying that making a game like this is imposble, I'm just thinking that the challenge of making something like that succeed in today's gaming community might be too great for these large companies to undertake.

That's why Freddy is definitely the best candidate for an effective game for these newer consoles. With Freddy, your options are virtually limitless. The potential for great visuals is there, plus the story could have you doing anything, anywhere. I'm all for it as long as it's done right.
Myers31TKD Friday 5/07/2010 at 05:47 PM | 63781
i would say Saw was a one dimenonal movie but the video game rocked so there is room i think

there could be 2 modes where you are myers freddy etc and do the stalking and killing or where you are a victim

it would work
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 5/11/2010 at 07:02 PM | 63826
Someone please do it

mple linear platformer with levels degned Dream Warriors Style to stalk them to the end and eventually cornering them and finishing them off God of War style. You can make cinematic death scenes, buildup the tenon by slaughtering their loved ones while they try to stop you. Scare the living shit out of them by annihilating everyone in a phobia specific level based on the characters.

Character that's afraid of spiders, how about a huge labyrinth of tunnel weaver spider webs? finish them off as a demon spider Freddy.

Afraid of the dark, start killing the lights as you slaughter their friends in a darkened set of alleys and corridors. Turn into a monster made of sheer oily blackness and eviscerate them limb from limb and send them into oblivion. It can be done. We have the technology, do it!!!
ironblade87 Monday 7/05/2010 at 07:42 PM | 64878
ya i think they should make a terror drome- like game for the consoles. it would be much too diffucult for game creators to get the environments down for horror icons for a story based game. most if not all the movie based games i have ever played were fucking terrible. i just think that if it were not a fighting game, it would get butchered like what ronny yu did to jason in vs. :(
ZaPsamurai Friday 10/15/2010 at 12:11 AM | 66974
I like that Idea, there could be 2 modes where you are myers freddy etc and do the stalking and killing or where you are a victim

it would work
skutterk Friday 10/15/2010 at 02:25 AM | 66996
I would love to see this game. I think with a bit of creativity this could be a good game. Hopefully it actually happens because I would be the first one in line.
weaponx Friday 10/15/2010 at 03:57 AM | 67004
I certainly think it is about time BUT I hope they don't make it as bad as Friday the 13th for NES. lol
cropsy Friday 10/15/2010 at 07:05 PM | 67030
I want them to make a Halloween game based off the first two films and with some xtra added suprises.
allthingsundead Saturday 10/16/2010 at 04:27 PM | 67072