Forums Horror Collectibles
Trick Or Treat Sam Bust by Jon Fuller

Got this from a friend. Love it.

Matthew Mayhem Saturday 5/08/2010 at 08:01 PM | 63789
Thats awesome.

Great score!
chubacabra Sunday 5/09/2010 at 01:31 AM | 63791
Fantastic Matthew I love Sam and that's the best one I've seen! Congrats Buddy!!
kaizu Sunday 5/09/2010 at 02:31 AM | 63793
Thanbks for the compliments. Love the character Sam and I am really honored to own something that is limited to 10 by Fuller
Matthew Mayhem Sunday 5/09/2010 at 01:44 PM | 63794
Congrats on a killer score. Sam is one of my favorite new characters out there and the fact it is limited makes it just that much better.
cropsy Sunday 5/09/2010 at 03:29 PM | 63796
Sam is a great character and that is an AMAZING piece bro! Looks ck!
ny ghoul Monday 5/10/2010 at 02:38 AM | 63803
greaat piece, and awsome pics
scaryzack Monday 5/10/2010 at 10:10 AM | 63810
Great piece!

I have one of those myself and didn't know until just now that it was limited to 10 copies.

I guess it was worth all of the mental anguish involved in dealing with Jon.

gummi Tuesday 5/11/2010 at 09:07 AM | 63818
Great piece and fantastic pics as always brother Matt!
deathrisingup Tuesday 5/11/2010 at 04:14 PM | 63824
That's f**kin beautiful!!! My jealousy abounds, friend.
pantera11431 Wednesday 5/12/2010 at 05:28 AM | 63839
Great piece!

I have one of those myself and didn't know until just now that it was limited to 10 copies.

I guess it was worth all of the mental anguish involved in dealing with Jon. hey bro, did you have to wait a while? my bud ordered one and its been several months and nada. He's getting worried.
ny ghoul Thursday 5/13/2010 at 05:16 AM | 63852
Great piece!

I guess it was worth all of the mental anguish involved in dealing with Jon. hey bro, did you have to wait a while? my bud ordered one and its been several months and nada. He's getting worried.

I was originally quoted 2 weeks, and I ended up waiting 3 months.

If I hadn't finally said enough is enough and requested a refund, I have absolutely no doubt that I'd still be waiting to this day.

I guess the thought of giving me my money back was enough to light a fire under him and get him to finish the piece.Jon is one of the worst artists I've ever dealt with as far as customer service goes.

Your buddy will probably have to get nasty with him to get what is owed.

On a potive note, I've never heard of anyone not getting what they paid for, but unfortunately you'll have to hear every excuse in the book before you do.
gummi Thursday 5/13/2010 at 07:55 AM | 63855
Thats REALLY sad to hear. What the F is wrong with some of these guys? it really makes me afraid to order from sometimes. You pay up front (what other buness do you pay in FULL before you get your product! lol) and then you're treated like shit! On a milar note, and Im at my wit's end, I bought two F13 busts from Bob/MMFX OVER a year ago....almost a thousand dollars and all Ive gotten is a dozen "they will be shipped next week" emails. Now, he told me if I want them anytime soon, I have to pay shipping upon delivery.

Anyway, glad you got your Sam. Im going to tell my friend to act quick and get on this guy's back!
ny ghoul Friday 5/14/2010 at 02:44 AM | 63858
Great piece!

If I hadn't finally said enough is enough and requested a refund, I have absolutely no doubt that I'd still be waiting to this day.

I guess the thought of giving me my money back was enough to light a fire under him and get him to finish the piece.Jon is one of the worst artists I've ever dealt with as far as customer service goes.

On a potive note, I've never heard of anyone not getting what they paid for, but unfortunately you'll have to hear every excuse in the book before you do.

My wait time was 3 days. I bought it second hand from Scott. I love this bust. Scott did tell me he had to file a claim to get it rolling. Glad to hear they are limited to ten...
Matthew Mayhem Sunday 5/16/2010 at 01:46 PM | 64118
Great piece!

My wait time was 3 days. I bought it second hand from Scott. I love this bust. Scott did tell me he had to file a claim to get it rolling. Glad to hear they are limited to ten...

Yeah, in the time I was waiting for mine I saw 2 separate copies come up for sale.

I know that Scott and Lee both had to hound Jon to get their copies.

I didn't realize this going in or I would have never ordered from him.

I probably would have bought several more pieces from him, but he's burned his bridges with me after the Sam fiasco.
gummi Monday 5/17/2010 at 03:49 AM | 64157
I probably would have bought several more pieces from him, but he's burned his bridges with me after the Sam fiasco.

First of all Matt congrats on the new addition...this is the best Sam out there!

I'd have to agree with gummi on the burning bridges point though.

I bought three things from Jon (2 special orders and one ready-made piece on Ebay) over the span of about a year and a half and unfortunately none of the purchases went smoothly.

The first transaction with him was a one of a kind Ebay piece that he had finished and ready to go. I paid for it within a day of receiving the invoice but it wasn't even shipped until I asked about it approximately a month after I paid. When I did finally receive it I was extremely pleased with the quality of the work.

The first piece I ordered from him was approximately a year ago. I paid for it then waited several months before inquiring as to the progress of the piece. He apologized and admitted he had forgotten all about it. Then began a series of "It'll be shipped next week" promises that weren't kept for another couple months. Eventually I did get the piece and the quality was excellent.

After both those experiences I was hetant to do buness with Jon again but when he announced his Sam bust I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given the high quality of his work. He changed his policy to only require 50% down and the remaining 50% when the piece was done and ready to ship and I took some comfort in that. Unfortunately, what I experienced is best described as Deja Vu. I ordered it in June when it was first announced, hoping to have it for Halloween. In early October I sent him an email asking about the timeline on the piece and again received an apology and acknowledgment that he had forgotten about my order. Again I received a few "It'll be shipped Friday" and "It'll be shipped next week" promises that weren't kept. After sending an email asking to know what is going on he advised me on Oct 20 that he had been on a project that was taking up all his time but he'd have a few free days coming up to get the piece finished and sent out. You may disagree but the way I see it, when someone tells you it'll be sent out on a certain date then over two weeks later tells you it isn't even done I feel like there is an admison that they've been dishonest. November 2nd he asked me for the remaining 50% which I paid that same day. Given the terms of the original agreement I assumed that it would be sent immediately....not quite. After sending several emails that were not replied to I received an email exactly two weeks later (Nov 16) with the tracking number and I received the piece about 2 weeks after that.
lblambert Sunday 5/23/2010 at 09:34 PM | 64432
Sorry to hear about your experiences guys.....It looks like Im going to have to pursue litigation against BOB/MMFX. Im very sorry it has come to that but this is getting insane.

An update on my friend's tuation with Jon Fuller....he recieved the Sam bust the other day and Jon threw in a bunch of extras for the delay. Very cool gesture, but I think we'd all agree that getting our goods ON TIME or when promised is what we really want.
ny ghoul Monday 5/24/2010 at 02:25 AM | 64434
Does anyone know Jon's contact info and if the run of 10 are still in production?

I'd be interested in getting one, though it doesn't sound like a pleasent experience. thanks Matt
mgl0837 Wednesday 5/26/2010 at 10:27 PM | 64477
Does anyone know Jon's contact info and if the run of 10 are still in production?

I'd be interested in getting one, though it doesn't sound like a pleasent experience. thanks Matt

The run of 10 were sold back in June of '09 but don't worry...as with any other mask that's ever been made, second hand copies come up for sale now and then. Just be patient and keep your eyes open and you'll find one.
lblambert Friday 5/28/2010 at 12:25 AM | 64498
Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled. Matt
mgl0837 Saturday 5/29/2010 at 01:28 PM | 64520
Sam has come to live at Darkde. A prototype will be ready in the next week or two. Babyface is making an appearance in my line up as well. P
DarkSidePaul Tuesday 6/01/2010 at 01:00 AM | 64552
Sam has come to live at Darkde. A prototype will be ready in the next week or two. Babyface is making an appearance in my line up as well. P

Paul this is great news! Any idea on a price range? I can't wait for pics.

customcritters Tuesday 6/01/2010 at 01:26 AM | 64553
You have my attention...I'm interested, LOL.

With any luck, Sam will come live at my place as well.

thanks M
mgl0837 Tuesday 6/01/2010 at 01:23 PM | 64568
Sam will be under a hundred bucks. Babyface may be a little more, but not much. We have a whole slew of new masks coming in the next month. P
DarkSidePaul Tuesday 6/01/2010 at 01:56 PM | 64569
Sam will be under a hundred bucks. Babyface may be a little more, but not much. We have a whole slew of new masks coming in the next month. P

Thats great!

I can't wait!

chubacabra Tuesday 6/01/2010 at 02:56 PM | 64573