Forums Horror Collectibles
RIP Michael-Myers.net

looks like the te is gone for good.

BrandyWine Friday 5/14/2010 at 08:19 PM | 63866
Yep - oh well, maybe something will get worked out.

If not, we'll find a way to manage.
Bridge Friday 5/14/2010 at 08:41 PM | 63867
A sad day indeed but there is always places like right here.
feastonscraps18 Friday 5/14/2010 at 08:48 PM | 63869

this is more than a little shocking. why did this happen?
BIGKen Friday 5/14/2010 at 08:56 PM | 63871
holy shit that is crazy. i use to love that place. it was a rough crowd at times but a lot of pason about the hobby. what a sad day.
El Diablo Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:02 PM | 63872
wow, the band is back together. good to see everyone. i stay mainly on the main news page. sorry to hear about the loss of mm.net there were a lot of memories from that te.
oldskool Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:06 PM | 63873
can anyone post exactly what happene?
oldskool Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:09 PM | 63874
I JUST READ THE NEWS ON FACEBOOK. SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS. LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE BACK ON HBID'S FORUM HERE MORE NOW.

customcritters Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:14 PM | 63876
can anyone at all explain what happened?did they just stop paying the bill or what?
BIGKen Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:16 PM | 63877
Trancas International shut them down.
H30 Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:19 PM | 63878
Hello to everyone here. Well I found my new home. With MM.net being shut down I hope I'm accepted here. I have to say I vit the main page everyday anyway.

-Ben
HalloweenFan78 Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:23 PM | 63879
Hello to everyone here. Well I found my new home. With MM.net being shut down I hope I'm accepted here. I have to say I vit the main page everyday anyway.

-Benwelcome Ben and to answer everyones question on why it was shut down, bs thats why. legal reasons i guess.
customcritters Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:26 PM | 63880

-Benwelcome Ben and to answer everyones question on why it was shut down, bs thats why. legal reasons i guess.

thanks man, good to see you. hope to make friends with all you guys.

i love the icons here. this one may get some use.

HalloweenFan78 Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:28 PM | 63881
yeah plenty of pitchforks and torches are in order right now!

and a few of these.
customcritters Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:33 PM | 63882
El Diablo Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:49 PM | 63883
one question is not matter what happens to mm.net the hobby has to be in suffering because you wouldnt think mask makers would want to risk it now according to what im hearing. seems like a lot to gamble.
El Diablo Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:52 PM | 63884
one question is not matter what happens to mm.net the hobby has to be in suffering because you wouldnt think mask makers would want to risk it now according to what im hearing. seems like a lot to gamble.

That's a good question and one that I guess with time we will learn the answer to. It was already getting really bad with ebay being bacally told not to sell them, then mm.net. I would think its a matter of time when people will do it in small numbers but the masve group like setting seems to be dying and I am sure mask makers will stop making them. That's just my guess.

HalloweenFan78 Friday 5/14/2010 at 09:57 PM | 63886
That would make sense to me. If the markey isnt there no one will take the risk.
customcritters Friday 5/14/2010 at 10:09 PM | 63887
HOLY SHIT!

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 5/14/2010 at 10:12 PM | 63888
It looks like Derek just posted an update about MM.net on the front page.
href="http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/05/14/the-top-5-custom-independent-michael-mye">http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php ... ichael-mye
HalloweenFan78 Friday 5/14/2010 at 10:14 PM | 63889
Hey guys welcome to the new members and its good to see old members. I just sent out a welcome message. Hope everyone enjoys.

Joel
DaShape Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:00 PM | 63894
I hate to hear the news but its good to see some familiar and new faces. Now if Sam McCain shows back up this will be like the old days people talk about.

Dunge44 Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:23 PM | 63896
Hey Dunge good talking with ya last night in the chat. I hope this all blows over just because its such bs but oh well.

Did someone say Sam McCain was coming back?

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:27 PM | 63897
Howdy everyone. I just got back and I hear this news!Welcome to all the newbies out there. Hope to get to know you all better and sorry to hear about the michel myers webte being shut down. ~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:30 PM | 63898
Yeah this is definitely not funny know matter where you stand. Lets all be as potive as we can. It's time to celebrate what once was not looking into the past at petty arguments. I hope everyone understands.

Thanks, Joel
DaShape Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:39 PM | 63900
Yeah this is definitely not funny know matter where you stand. Lets all be as potive as we can. It's time to celebrate what once was not looking into the past at petty arguments. I hope everyone understands.

Thanks, Joel

Well said Joel and Sara good to see you as always.
pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:43 PM | 63901

Thanks, Joel

Well said Joel and Sara good to see you as always.Thanks hun it's good to see you too!

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:45 PM | 63902
Are we allowed to talk about what happened to MM.net here Joel or any of the other mods? I would just like to know exactly why it was shut down.
Dunge44 Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:47 PM | 63903
Are we allowed to talk about what happened to MM.net here Joel or any of the other mods? I would just like to know exactly why it was shut down.

Nothing is off limits as long as everyone realizes that we want everyone to be as potive as posble. Complaint threads tend to get argumentative and really don't do justice at the end of the day but as far as what went on at Michael-Myers.net, it is my understanding the te has temporarily been shut down due to legal reasons. Hope that helps,

Joel

DaShape Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:51 PM | 63904
I sorta dropped off the face of HorrorBid while waiting on things from people on MM.net.

I feel kinda bad about it too because I've been a member here longer than I have there.

Hope I'm welcome back... ;)
Bridge Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:53 PM | 63905

Nothing is off limits as long as everyone realizes that we want everyone to be as potive as posble. Complaint threads tend to get argumentative and really don't do justice at the end of the day but as far as what went on at Michael-Myers.net, it is my understanding the te has temporarily been shut down due to legal reasons. Hope that helps,

JoelThanks for the message. Sounds like an ugly tuation. Hopefully one that gets resolved soon.
Dunge44 Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:53 PM | 63906
I sorta dropped off the face of HorrorBid while waiting on things from people on MM.net.

I feel kinda bad about it too because I've been a member here longer than I have there.

Hope I'm welcome back...

Hey we all get busy, I have been MIA myself for awhile. Welcome back! To a new future!
Dunge44 Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:54 PM | 63907
I'll be more than happy to drink to a new future also! Hope to get to re-know everyone here! ~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:56 PM | 63908

Hope I'm welcome back...

I think we've talked a little bit back and forth in the past. Welcome back hun!

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:56 PM | 63909
this is so disheartning. derek has worked his ass off for that te. it will be back though. you can bet on that. sorry derek. hey h30 keep clapping my friend.
regan18 Friday 5/14/2010 at 11:59 PM | 63910
no matter how you feel can we all agree it's nitce to see sara here!
El Diablo Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:00 AM | 63911
Hey we all get busy, I have been MIA myself for awhile. Welcome back! To a new future!Thank y'kindly!I think we've talked a little bit back and forth in the past. Welcome back hun!

~Sara

I think we may have - it's great to be back.

Thanks for the warm welcome-back!

Bridge Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:02 AM | 63912
no matter how you feel can we all agree it's nitce to see sara here! very easy on the eyes i must say
regan18 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:03 AM | 63913
no matter how you feel can we all agree it's nitce to see sara here! I agree

JackCapers Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:07 AM | 63914
Hopefully MM.Net will be back soon.

Hey Trancas
JackCapers Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:13 AM | 63915
no matter how you feel can we all agree it's nitce to see sara here! I agree

man....your av really makes me laugh......good shit
regan18 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:18 AM | 63917
Hey I'm miss popular all the sudde. I can't say I don't like the attention! Lets see some of those famous "don post" myers masks you all collect.

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:20 AM | 63918
Hey I'm miss popular all the sudde. I can't say I don't like the attention! Lets see some of those famous "don post" myers masks you all collect.

~Sara you will have my undivided attention until you change those eyes...lol...michael who?
regan18 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:22 AM | 63919
Just wanted to say whats up and welcome any and all MM.Net fiends. I knew many of you guys well.

Its been a crazy time these past weeks but no matter where we stood with matters over there? its a fresh new start at the 'Bid. Lets all be cool and have a good time. Hail horror!

-Evan
ny ghoul Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:26 AM | 63920
this is a great te for real. glad to be a part of it.
regan18 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:27 AM | 63921
Just wanted to say whats up and welcome any and all MM.Net fiends. I knew many of you guys well.

Its been a crazy time these past weeks but no matter where we stood with matters over there? its a fresh new start at the 'Bid. Lets all be cool and have a good time. Hail horror!

-Evan

Good post Evan. I'm competly out of the loop and just hearing the news about MM.net. Sorry to hear about that but it's good to see fresh new faces and old faces (and Sara's face) here. Here is to a good future.

Raptor Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:29 AM | 63923
MM.net is down!! BULL SHIT! That is crazy news and bull shit but its good to see everyone. Has anyone mentioed that Sara is f'ing hot! Hi S chick!;)
BrandyWine Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:34 AM | 63924

welcome man. this is a kick ass place but watch out for ben tramer!

BrandyWine Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:36 AM | 63925

thanks man. just give good old benny a beer and a bag and he will take care of himself
regan18 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:37 AM | 63926

thanks man. just give good old benny a beer and a bag and he will take care of himself

welcome benny. i'm on beer thirty now. good to see everyone, wait have i said that already.
El Diablo Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:39 AM | 63927
lol! You guys are making me blush over here, ok not really! I'm just a chick who loves horror and hanging out with like minded people. This is the right place for that. Plus I'm an attention whore.

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:44 AM | 63928
lol! You guys are making me blush over here, ok not really! I'm just a chick who loves horror and hanging out with like minded people. This is the right place for that. Plus I'm an attention whore.

~Sara gotcha!!!! not many women in this hobby are as good looking as you. this i will need to get used to. but its not a hard thing for me to do. na for real...its nice to meet you horrorchick 8-)
regan18 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:47 AM | 63929

~Sara gotcha!!!! not many women in this hobby are as good looking as you. this i will need to get used to. but its not a hard thing for me to do. na for real...its nice to meet you horrorchick

Thanks for the compliments and it's nice to meet you also.

So whats next for everyone?

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:50 AM | 63930

~Sara gotcha!!!! not many women in this hobby are as good looking as you. this i will need to get used to. but its not a hard thing for me to do. na for real...its nice to meet you horrorchick

Thanks for the compliments and it's nice to meet you also.

So whats next for everyone?

~Sara well im thinking chianese food
regan18 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:51 AM | 63931
ah chinease food sounds so good right now. im watching the original nightmare on elm street right now to compare it to the new one. still trying to make up my mind.
El Diablo Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:52 AM | 63932
Ah Christ.

Anyone else feel like a refugee?

In any event, I'm glad there are like-minded boards out there - hell, I always condered "HorrorBid" a ster-te for M-M.net Looks like its time to meet everyone all over again.

Hi, my name is Robert and I have a drinking problem.

Minion Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:55 AM | 63933
Ah Christ.

In any event, I'm glad there are like-minded boards out there - hell, I always condered "HorrorBid" a ster-te for M-M.net Looks like its time to meet everyone all over again.

Hi, my name is Robert and I have a drinking problem.agreed Robert! This is a home away from home. Hopefully things will get back to mormal but if they don't I guess we can all adjusut.

Plus have you freakin met Sara???
El Diablo Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:57 AM | 63934
Hey, just being into horror makes most women hot.......as long as they don't listen to emo*ducks to avoid flying objects toward my head*
Bridge Saturday 5/15/2010 at 12:59 AM | 63935
Ah Christ.

Hi, my name is Robert and I have a drinking problem.Welcome to the te hun. Does anyone happen to have any apple pucker I can borrow?Seriously I really need some. And Diablo I personally liked the new Nightmare but Robert Englund will ALWAYS be my true Freddy.

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:01 AM | 63937
Hey, just being into horror makes most women hot.......as long as they don't listen to emo*ducks to avoid flying objects toward my head*

A couple of things Bride, I luv your gnature banner and soooo want one sometime (i love anything slasher related) and next I luv horror and always have. I have 4 brothers so it was easy but I can so kick their asses at horror trivia. ~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:07 AM | 63938
(wiping away drool from mouth) Back to the topic at hand. What happens to the hobby at this point if MM.net doesn't open back up?
BrandyWine Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:10 AM | 63939
I'm starting to see who ts at the cool kids lunch table now...

Minion Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:11 AM | 63940
I'm starting to see who ts at the cool kids lunch table now...right, you start to know people right away don't ya, LOL! That's why I love this place. Very laid back.

About the hobby in general who knows. It just sucks. I hope it doesn't die but what mask maker would want to get involved if they are getting busted ya know?
El Diablo Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:13 AM | 63941

A couple of things Bride, I luv your gnature banner and soooo want one sometime (i love anything slasher related) and next I luv horror and always have. I have 4 brothers so it was easy but I can so kick their asses at horror trivia. ~Sara

Thanks, love - I gotta say I'm digging this gnature as well!

I think the guy who made my banner is still around, HorrorFreak13 or something like that?

This is the 2nd he made for me & he does FANTASTIC jobs!

Hey, let's do some trivia - you'll probably kick my ass because I only know select films/muc - but start a thread & I'll jump in...when I ain't swamped.

Brandy, I think the hobby will survive because we'll keep it alive.

Me, you, Justin, Derek & the mods & fellow members...all of us who love The Shape...we'll find a way.

I sound like I'm heading a frakking therapy seson here

Bridge Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:20 AM | 63945
A lot of luv being shown here tonight. I have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the future.

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:21 AM | 63946
CAN I GET A AMEN
regan18 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:28 AM | 63947
I know I'm beating ahere but theres a good vibe going on here. With all the sad news its nice to see that.

How is everhbody holding up with all this garbage going on?
customcritters Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:35 AM | 63948
That sucks. Where is the blog post? I can't find it.
sirbrad Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:40 AM | 63950
That sucks. Where is the blog post? I can't find it.

its in the top 5 top myers masks comment section brad.
customcritters Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:40 AM | 63951
OH OK I seen that thread but was looking for some type of announcement thread in itself. Guess that is "illegal" too eh?

sirbrad Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:45 AM | 63955
Well I've been a member here for a little bit but I don't have any activity as I was always on mm.net. I do enjoy this te very much and I really appreciate the fact that I have a place to turn to on the net for a good horror community. I'm glad to be on here with everyone.

BTW, I think it's absolutely absurd that the attention of the uncertain future of mm.net has been turned to one sole member (Sara.) I think you all need to look at the bigger picture that this topic was originally started for instead of trying to be smitten with a girl over the Internet.

(About the BTW... I'm kidding of course! Sara is indeed hot and how could one's attention not be diverted to her when she makes a post?! That is quite the captivating pic Sara and let me just say it's nice to see another girl take an interest in the horror hobby!)
ECWfanatic Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:46 AM | 63956
Well I've been a member here for a little bit but I don't have any activity as I was always on mm.net. I do enjoy this te very much and I really appreciate the fact that I have a place to turn to on the net for a good horror community. I'm glad to be on here with everyone.

BTW, I think it's absolutely absurd that the attention of the uncertain future of mm.net has been turned to one sole member (Sara.) I think you all need to look at the bigger picture that this topic was originally started for instead of trying to be smitten with a girl over the Internet.

(About the BTW... I'm kidding of course! Sara is indeed hot and how could one's attention not be diverted to her when she makes a post?! That is quite the captivating pic Sara and let me just say it's nice to see another girl take an interest in the horror hobby!)

HAHAHAHAHAHHA! You got a little preachy there and then you ended it with of course we should be hitting on Sara! That was fucking funny right there!
customcritters Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:47 AM | 63958
Yeah that sucks. I guess they want to keep their property that they stole from Star Trek and modified, as well as the name (Michael Myers) that they also stole from a guy. They say hyprocrites can dish it out but not take it in.

sirbrad Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:53 AM | 63959
this is to all you guys and girls out there in horror land. cheers.

BIGKen Saturday 5/15/2010 at 02:31 AM | 63961
Derek just posted this message,,

Michael-Myers.net received a cease and dest letter from Brian Rayman/Trancas International Films on May 13th, 2010. I have filed a counter to this claim, and as a result the webhost legally must shut the webte down for 14 days in order to accept this counter claim. Trancas International Films has 14 days to file a lawsuit against Michael-Myers.net. If they do not, the webte must be reinstated.

Please continue to check back. I am working on this and hope it can be resolved.

Derek
Raptor Saturday 5/15/2010 at 02:33 AM | 63962
Go get em D! Fight the good fight. The unfortuante thing is the hobby has taken such a blow even if this does all blow over it doesn't seem like it will ever be the same again which sucks. I still can't believe this. It's good to see everyone though and I hope we all stay in touch!!!
HalloweenFan78 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 02:46 AM | 63963
Go get em D! Fight the good fight. The unfortuante thing is the hobby has taken such a blow even if this does all blow over it doesn't seem like it will ever be the same again which sucks. I still can't believe this. It's good to see everyone though and I hope we all stay in touch

truer words couldn't be spoken!
Raptor Saturday 5/15/2010 at 04:32 AM | 63967
Wow!

I haven't really been checking in there very much lately, but it's still disheartening to hear about this.
gummi Saturday 5/15/2010 at 04:49 AM | 63969
......this is a SAD day
nightmareman81 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 05:35 AM | 63975
Keep it cool guys

Any shots at each other and we'll start deleting threads. and yes...Sara's hot
kaizu Saturday 5/15/2010 at 05:46 AM | 63978
Only ever went to the te once or twice, but even still, you have my sympathies.
pantera11431 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 06:19 AM | 63983
Whats going on guys..Ive actually been a member here for a while now I just wasnt very active..Never posted because I spent most of my time on MM.Net...Its hard to keep active on so many boards but I do check the main page almost every day...Im glad to see so many familiar names as its making me feel at home already 8-) ...So it looks as though I will be spending alot more time here, hope you guys dont mind LoL...Have a great night everyone and hopefully things work out for all those affected by the MM.Net tuation...Oh and Sara sweetie those eyes are mezmerizing girl...Nice to see such a pretty face involved in horror....Later guys
Caesar015 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 08:40 AM | 63992
much like the other mods have stated you are all welcome here either first timers or returning members.

you are always free to speak your mind here but please keep any debates to actual debates not flame threads or name calling because you dont like someones opinion. that results in thread deletions or in worst case scenarios outright banning for repeat offenders.

i was a member there too and wasnt a huge fan of the place or the drama that took place on a day to day bas and didnt post there much at all

that being said they have had to my knowledge 2 legal issues (wasnt one of them involving the name and the tagline?) and have complied with both of them yet still got taken down which seems ludicrous to me, they tried to turn it into a fante like was asked of them, what happens now to other fantes? with the crack down in full effect it might be wise if all of you refrain from trying to sell or trade any unlicensed white masksfor the time being (at least publicly in our auctions) we dont want any heat coming down on us here.

so enjoy your stay here if you dont plan on staying long thanks for stopping by and above all else again please keep debates civil

thanks, Bisco
Johnny Bisco Saturday 5/15/2010 at 10:17 AM | 63994
Hey K-Man, Heck of a first week in moderating over there, huh?

Its cool, Derek is fighting this and I honestly feel, that there will be an agreement. I feel potive that the te will be back up within 2 weeks. I don't think anyone wants to waste money of a lawsuit.

Just my opinion. If so, boy thats a waste.. We are all just a bunch of fans looking for a place to chat about our favorite film. In know way are anyone out to hurt Malek or anyone affiliated with Halloween. The sad part is, these are the fans that show up to the conventions, even the conventions that Malek participates in. All this will do, is affect reputations and in turn, may hurt them in the long run. I hope this isn't what they want.... Again, I feel confident something will be done... Keep an eye out!

J
Gobears04 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 10:42 AM | 63995

Its cool, Derek is fighting this and I honestly feel, that there will be an agreement. I feel potive that the te will be back up within 2 weeks. I don't think anyone wants to waste money of a lawsuit.

Just my opinion. If so, boy thats a waste.. We are all just a bunch of fans looking for a place to chat about our favorite film. In know way are anyone out to hurt Malek or anyone affiliated with Halloween. The sad part is, these are the fans that show up to the conventions, even the conventions that Malek participates in. All this will do, is affect reputations and in turn, may hurt them in the long run. I hope this isn't what they want.... Again, I feel confident something will be done... Keep an eye out!

J Nice to see ya over here J-man

Yeah that must've been the buest moderating day of my life

The people with the higher power should check back in the fan section of the "25 Years of Terror" DVD.That's bacally us
kaizu Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:29 PM | 64000

The people with the higher power should check back in the fan section of the "25 Years of Terror" DVD.That's bacally us

Whats up brudda..

Right..

I understand the reasoning behind this but again, this can hurt them in the long run and seriously, this community is like a "speck on the horror map" compared to other things that maybe going on. MM.NET has been around for years and then all of a sudden? Come on, thats pretty ridiculous if you ask me. We aren't harming anyone at all. Just a bunch of fans, trying to have a good time with our favorite flick. Like I said, this can definately bite them in the butt though. Its not like these fans don't pay money to buy the films and to see the actors, they do... Wonder if Paris Hilton is trying to lence everyone who says "Thats Hot". Didn't she copyright that?

We'll see.... Take Care! J
Gobears04 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 01:51 PM | 64003

Whats up brudda..

Right..

I understand the reasoning behind this but again, this can hurt them in the long run and seriously, this community is like a "speck on the horror map" compared to other things that maybe going on. MM.NET has been around for years and then all of a sudden? Come on, thats pretty ridiculous if you ask me. We aren't harming anyone at all. Just a bunch of fans, trying to have a good time with our favorite flick. Like I said, this can definately bite them in the butt though. Its not like these fans don't pay money to buy the films and to see the actors, they do... Wonder if Paris Hilton is trying to lence everyone who says "Thats Hot". Didn't she copyright that?

We'll see.... Take Care! J Like saying the name "Mich@el My@rs" is copyrighted. I guess the dude who played Austin Powers owes someone some big bucks
kaizu Saturday 5/15/2010 at 02:08 PM | 64004
Good to see kaizu and gobears here!!!

Man, i've been in a state of shock nce yesterday.

I was browng the forum when the screen popped up

FORBIDDEN!

I had a feeling it was goingto happen, but always kept hope alive!

I've been a part of that board nce 2003 and spent countless hours on the te.

i feel that this is a bog slap in the face of all real myers fas out there!!

Sorry we weren't satisfied with the crappy masks offered in stores!

Sorry that our tastes caused us to fuel a fire that cannot be stopped.

We bought the masks because they were 1000 percent better than anything the copyright owners offered us.

plain and mple.

supply and demand.

the supply was there and we constantly demanded more and more.

our artists came through everytime we were hungry for a new mask,

they offered us what we were looking for and now we are all being punished for it.

we are being punished for being fans of the character michael myers.

the a-holes that own the name do not deserve it.

if they did, they would work with the dedicated fans to produce the product we deserve.

j
JustinBF Saturday 5/15/2010 at 02:25 PM | 64005
No problem here.

-G

Good to hear.

Let's try to keep this thread on track fellas.
Myers31TKD Saturday 5/15/2010 at 02:50 PM | 64010
Sucks to see mm.net down but welcome to all of you from there.I hope if any of you who were doing a trade or had any kind of deals going with me send me a pm here and hopefully we can finish them as I lost all addy's and stuff there.
cropsy Saturday 5/15/2010 at 02:53 PM | 64011
One more person posts personal drama...and the ban man steps in...that is me. More than one mod has said to let it go, and it just keeps continuing. This threads serves a higher purpose than personal bickering....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 04:22 PM | 64023
Its good to wake up and see everyone alive and well. Hopefully things will blow over but its nice to have a place like this to hang, lets not ruin it by arguing with each other. Things need to be different now.
HalloweenFan78 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 04:33 PM | 64025
yo thats bogus that they shut mm.net down, sorry to hear that, more than a bummer. good to see everyone though and the bid is a great place anyway, hopefully you guys feel the love around here. its a very potive place and laid back.
joelsparks Saturday 5/15/2010 at 05:02 PM | 64030
yo thats bogus that they shut mm.net down, sorry to hear that, more than a bummer. good to see everyone though and the bid is a great place anyway, hopefully you guys feel the love around here. its a very potive place and laid back.

not to sound like a southern preacher but CAN I GET AN AMEN!
customcritters Saturday 5/15/2010 at 05:21 PM | 64036
HalloweenFan78 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 07:36 PM | 64044
Hey guys, first things first. I have every ounce of faith that the system will work itself out and Michael-Myers.net will return once again. Derek has made it clear that he intends to fight this and Derek is no slouch when it comes to taking things head on like this, my hope is he can work it out with "trancas" and come to some sort of agreement.

With that being said we all love horror and it's great to see so many of you that I've known in the past and so many new faces that I hope to get to meet. I run the day to day operations here on the te but the mods along with my friend till the end Joel run a great deal of the forum here. HBid has become a full time gig in itself and the community aspect has grown leaps and bounds nce some of you may have vited last, we hope you guys feel right at hope while you are displaced.

I know there may have been some issues with a few members in the past but that is water under the bridge. This is a fresh start for everyone and I have heard many of you guys describing this place as fun and "laid back" that is exactly what we want. I know a lot of you guys feel like you're home has been stripped away, a community that meant so much to you and I can't imagine what that must be like. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone for being so cool during this, we can't thank you enough for making this place your home and we will do everything we can to provide the community aspect that you all love.

With that being said if anything does get out of hand there is always Tommy lurking around and he usually is accompanied by this muc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

All kidding ade (I love to joke and hope you all do as well, anyone remember Crapface 2, ouch

) we do welcome everyone and in two weeks hopefully things will be brighter for all those displaced. We hope regardless we can take away some friendships out of this mess.

Thanks all, Justin
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 5/15/2010 at 08:31 PM | 64045
well said boo and welcome again to all of you guys. and like i said last night i hope to get to know all of you better. here is to horror.

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Saturday 5/15/2010 at 08:41 PM | 64046
to horror.
pamelavoorheesRIP Saturday 5/15/2010 at 08:42 PM | 64047
here, here!
HalloweenFan78 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 09:39 PM | 64048
Now it's time watch some old Halloween movies and eat some Cheetos.
DaShape Saturday 5/15/2010 at 09:43 PM | 64049
Now it's time watch some old Halloween movies and eat some Cheetos.If you change that to a bag Funyuns we have a deal!
BrandyWine Saturday 5/15/2010 at 09:45 PM | 64050
lol, you all are cracking me up over here.

El Diablo Saturday 5/15/2010 at 09:52 PM | 64051
Well said as usual booman and its great to see everyone mixing in like this. Horror 4 Life!

BIGKen Saturday 5/15/2010 at 09:58 PM | 64052
Watching Halloween part 2 right now. Dick Warlock is the MAN!!! And eating a 10 dollar pizza hut stuffed crust pizza on a Don Post "the mask". Life is good!
feastonscraps18 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 10:07 PM | 64053
I had a feeling that something was going to happen over at MM.net after they removed the clasfieds section.

Trancas really sucks for doing this to the fans, they seem to forget who made Halloween what it is.

And I'm back guys!

I took a hiatus from the internet altogether.

Been shutting down my paint operations, sending back commisons and such.

Still working on Des' figure though, not going to let that one go.

I just came online to check out the te, see what was happening... and noticed how much things have changed.
DarkArtist81 Saturday 5/15/2010 at 11:22 PM | 64055
I had a feeling that something was going to happen over at MM.net after they removed the clasfieds section.

BIG LATEX really sucks for doing this to the fans, they seem to forget who made Halloween what it is.

And I'm back guys!

I took a hiatus from the internet altogether.

Been shutting down my paint operations, sending back commisons and such.

Still working on Des' figure though, not going to let that one go.

I just came online to check out the te, see what was happening... and noticed how much things have changed.

welcome back da.glad to see you, got any new figures ready to go?
BrandyWine Sunday 5/16/2010 at 12:49 AM | 64061
looks like the te is gone for good.Not so fast, it might be back, hang tight.
zephro Sunday 5/16/2010 at 01:18 AM | 64065
One more person posts personal drama...and the ban man steps in...that is me. More than one mod has said to let it go, and it just keeps continuing. This threads serves a higher purpose than personal bickering....

take care, Tommy NO DIFFERENT THEN MM.NET.....IM USED TO IT. THOUGHT I FOUND A NEW TE THAT CAN EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS.
regan18 Sunday 5/16/2010 at 02:26 AM | 64066

take care, TommyGOTCHA...BAN MAN
regan18 Sunday 5/16/2010 at 02:29 AM | 64067

take care, Tommy NO DIFFERENT THEN MM.NET.....IM USED TO IT. THOUGHT I FOUND A NEW TE THAT CAN EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS. Depends on how it's expressed... Please stay on topic. Thanks
kaizu Sunday 5/16/2010 at 02:37 AM | 64068

take care, Tommy NO DIFFERENT THEN MM.NET.....IM USED TO IT. THOUGHT I FOUND A NEW TE THAT CAN EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS. Depends on how it's expressed... Please stay on topic. Thanks DEAL
regan18 Sunday 5/16/2010 at 02:47 AM | 64069
Hang tight guys, I have it on good word that MM.net could be open sooner than later. Keep those fingers crossed...
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 5/16/2010 at 04:27 AM | 64078
Hang tight guys, I have it on good word that MM.net could be open sooner than later. Keep those fingers crossed...

That's good news but I hope all of my new friends stay in touch!

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Sunday 5/16/2010 at 05:50 AM | 64081
That is very good news..I hope MM.Net does return..I think im gonna stick around here for a while though...I like this place and it is laid back...Everyone seems to have great attitudes here

8-) and its a friendly atmosphere..Im not one for Drama and I like to be cool with everyone...Im sure those who know me from MM.Net could vouch for that ...I hope to get to know alot more members here in the near future..Have a great day everyone...Later
Caesar015 Sunday 5/16/2010 at 01:02 PM | 64101
That is very good news..I hope MM.Net does return..I think im gonna stick around here for a while though...I like this place and it is laid back...Everyone seems to have great attitudes here

Enjoy your stay Curtis
kaizu Sunday 5/16/2010 at 01:12 PM | 64103
yes by all means stick around of you like it here, we like having people like you around
Johnny Bisco Sunday 5/16/2010 at 01:29 PM | 64110
michealmyers25 Sunday 5/16/2010 at 08:42 PM | 64132
I've been a member of mm.net nce November of 2005 and it is really sad to see this happening. Like many of you said, mm.net was the first internet home that I ever had and it is my internet home. I'm with J on this, I have a feeling that something will be resolved and that we will all be able to return home. If mm.net indeed comes back, I will stay on this te. Like a lot of other people, I've got a new internet horror home. Thank you HorrorBid and to all who run this fantastic te!
ECWfanatic Monday 5/17/2010 at 04:10 AM | 64163
I've been a member of mm.net nce November of 2005 and it is really sad to see this happening. Like many of you said, mm.net was the first internet home that I ever had and it is my internet home. I'm with J on this, I have a feeling that something will be resolved and that we will all be able to return home. If mm.net indeed comes back, I will stay on this te. Like a lot of other people, I've got a new internet horror home. Thank you HorrorBid and to all who run this fantastic te

Very well said and it's sad to see so many people with so much pason being hunted bacally. Things will be brighter they have to be. The studios need us fans. We luv their movies. I'm glad we all stick with each other.

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Monday 5/17/2010 at 04:40 AM | 64166
Hope it comes back online soon. Lot of good people on there.
Halloween Monday 5/17/2010 at 07:39 AM | 64172
Well, I haven't been around here or M-M.net much in a long time. I guess its

as good a time as any to show back up! Hope y'all haven't changed too much nce I disappeared.

Good to see many of the original faces are still here, and a big "HELLO" to

those I'm not acquainted with.

I hate what's happening with Derek and M-M.net, but as long as there is a place to hang out and talk masks and horror, I'll be there!-grady
t-doyle Monday 5/17/2010 at 12:45 PM | 64179
I guess one advantage is this place is buer now.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 5/18/2010 at 01:00 AM | 64215
Glad to see alot of mm.net members here.I hope it gets back up soon.
MASK4ME Tuesday 5/18/2010 at 10:05 PM | 64261
I love MM.net and hope its back soon. It's my home away from home but I find it a bit rude that Derek put until the te opens back up "accept no imitations". I know that wasn't a shot at this place as he has commented here but that seems a little bit crummy to other webtes out there doesn't it?
HalloweenFan78 Wednesday 5/19/2010 at 05:01 AM | 64277
I saw that too. Kind of weird. Oh well. Says it is slated to be back online May 28th.
Halloween Wednesday 5/19/2010 at 08:17 AM | 64281
Seems kinda childish to me belittling other tes but I guess he is probably going through a lot so I am all about giving the benefit of the doubt.

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Wednesday 5/19/2010 at 11:46 PM | 64312
Seems kinda childish to me belittling other tes but I guess he is probably going through a lot so I am all about giving the benefit of the doubt.

~Sara

Sara, from one bidite to another, your avatar is mesmerizing! I'm sure I'm not the

only one to say so! Just had to get that off my chest.

-grady
t-doyle Thursday 5/20/2010 at 06:49 PM | 64334

~Sara

Sara, from one bidite to another, your avatar is mesmerizing! I'm sure I'm not the

only one to say so! Just had to get that off my chest.

-grady

Hell yes T-Doyle, hell yes!

customcritters Thursday 5/20/2010 at 06:54 PM | 64336
I love MM.net and hope its back soon. It's my home away from home but I find it a bit rude that Derek put until the te opens back up "accept no imitations". I know that wasn't a shot at this place as he has commented here but that seems a little bit crummy to other webtes out there doesn't it?

A mere two hours after the te went down, certain tes were sending out mass emails and PM's saying how sorry they are and then in the next breath adverting their te and 'welcoming' all Michael-Myers.net members. Some even celebrated the clong of the te, which is extremely rude and disrespectful. During this time some have chosen to kick me while I'm down, and I don't appreciate it - especially when I'm risking absolutely everything to benefit the community. It's frustrating and I'm tired of it.

And Gary "H30" if you're still bitter about what happened on my te 3 years ago you need to PM/email me. I'm tired of your public jabs, especially when I laid my reputation on the line to protect you after the entire community realized you recasted and retooled your masks. You did that, not me.

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Thursday 5/20/2010 at 11:41 PM | 64349

A mere two hours after the te went down, certain tes were sending out mass emails and PM's saying how sorry they are and then in the next breath adverting their te and 'welcoming' all Michael-Myers.net members. Some even celebrated the clong of the te, which is extremely rude and disrespectful. During this time some have chosen to kick me while I'm down, and I don't appreciate it - especially when I'm risking absolutely everything to benefit the community. It's frustrating and I'm tired of it.

And Gary "H30" if you have a problem with me after all these years you need to PM/email me. I'm tired of your public jabs, especially when I laid my reputation on the line to protect you after the entire community realized you recasted and retooled your masks. You did that, not me.

Derek

A couple of things and I don't have a dog in this fight but I did make the announcement here. Maybe tes were doing and sending those messages because they actually care about the members and not some made up turf war you have. Maybe they wanted to welcome people because they care. I mean I guess you can assume the worst and think their trying to "steal" us away from MM.net. It's not like we pay a membership fee, what worth are we, lol.

On top of that and I don't know Gary from H30 very well but aren't you airing dirty laundry by even responding to him. He is some mask maker that doesn't even sell stuff anymore to my knowledge or if he does very little. We even get yourself involved in that. Your better than that Derek. Just my two cents.
BrandyWine Thursday 5/20/2010 at 11:59 PM | 64350
Hey no offense Derek on what I said but I just thought it seemed a bit unusual coming from you. I mean MM.net is a home for all us white mask collectors. It will always be that way and no other te will replace that. Whetehr MM.net opens back or not the hobby has taken a huge blow. We don't need more bickering, we all need to stand together and just enjoy being alive and the world of horror.
HalloweenFan78 Friday 5/21/2010 at 12:03 AM | 64351
A couple of things and I don't have a dog in this fight but I did make the announcement here. Maybe tes were doing and sending those messages because they actually care about the members and not some made up turf war you have. Maybe they wanted to welcome people because they care. I mean I guess you can assume the worst and think their trying to "steal" us away from MM.net. It's not like we pay a membership fee, what worth are we, lol.

On top of that and I don't know Gary from H30 very well but aren't you airing dirty laundry by even responding to him. He is some mask maker that doesn't even sell stuff anymore to my knowledge or if he does very little. We even get yourself involved in that. Your better than that Derek. Just my two cents.

I agree that some were doing that to care and help, but some celebrated as well. After what I've been through the last couple weeks, I've pretty much had it and I couldn't stay lent anymore. And yes to some tes you are worth more than a membership fee could ever bring. More vits = more revenue potential, so there is financial interest involved.

After someone publicly jabs me for three years it's time to respond, and I did. If he has a problem with me, he should email me and take care of it respectfully.

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Friday 5/21/2010 at 12:04 AM | 64352

I agree that some were doing that to care and help, but some celebrated as well. After what I've been through the last couple weeks, I've pretty much had it and I couldn't stay lent anymore.

After someone publicly jabs me for three years it's time to respond, and I did. If he has a problem with me, he should email me and take care of it respectfully.

Derek

Agreed! And well spoken this second time. No offense to you and what you've brought to the hobby. I respect you a ton and I think this te has proven they do as well. At least that is my take from an on-looker. I do know other tes that seem to be taken advantage of this tuation and I only speak for myself but I hope MM.net opens back up for all of us. I think most if not all the members here except maybe Gary feel that way also and have expressed that. Which is why the two boards mingle so well together.
BrandyWine Friday 5/21/2010 at 12:07 AM | 64353
You have to expect some people to take jabs when you run such a controveral forum and lets face it MM.net has had its share of controversy. lmao! It must hurt though and think we all can understand that. Hopefully it will all be over soon but its nice to have made some new friends from a bad tuation and not just from this board either but some of the others that may have took some shots.
HalloweenFan78 Friday 5/21/2010 at 12:15 AM | 64354
Surely this isn't due to Bridge's kudos to horrorbid thread posted earlier?

Raptor Friday 5/21/2010 at 12:20 AM | 64355
Surely this isn't due to Bridge's kudos to horrorbid thread posted earlier?Derek is a stand up guy Raptor not that you were suggesting anything else but I doubt this has anything to do with jealousy.
BrandyWine Friday 5/21/2010 at 12:22 AM | 64356
Surely this isn't due to Bridge's kudos to horrorbid thread posted earlier?No idea what post you're referring to. My involvement in this thread was solely a response to the negativity and heat toward myself and my te, and I replied in defense.

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Friday 5/21/2010 at 12:28 AM | 64358
Surely this isn't due to Bridge's kudos to horrorbid thread posted earlier?No idea what post you're referring to. My involvement in this thread was solely a response to the negativity and heat toward myself and my te, and I replied in defense.

Derek

It's good to hear from youl. I'll speak for myself and most of the people here, we all hope MM.net gets back up and running. We are all family, at least that's the way I look at it. And that is how you say, that!
oldskool Friday 5/21/2010 at 12:33 AM | 64359

Derek

Not that this has to do with anything but I thought I would at least point you to the post I thin Raptor is talking about. viewtopic.php?f=193&t=11198
HalloweenFan78 Friday 5/21/2010 at 12:40 AM | 64360

And Gary "H30" if you're still bitter about what happened on my te 3 years ago you need to PM/email me. I'm tired of your public jabs, especially when I laid my reputation on the line to protect you after the entire community realized you recasted and retooled your masks. You did that, not me.

Derek

guys obviously he is talking about other forums as he is ung horrorbid as an outlet to reach out to all mm.net members. other places may be imitation mm.net with their leaves burning but this place aint. and no offense to those other forums but the shot seems to be there.
pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:05 AM | 64361
This is Horror Bid....whatever any other forum or te chooses to do, thats them. We've always been open to anyone and everyone and shall continue to do so. Horror Bid has done a great job in steering clear of some of the stupid beefs and schisms that have gone on over the years.

We've always showed respect to Derek and MM.Net, deservedly so. MM.Net has been the beacon for white mask collecting and we have Derek to thank for it. I think a few of you are starting to nit pick at what Derek might have meant here, or what Bridge meant there....c'mon people, thats how the shit starts.

As for Gary and H30, he's also been a friend to Horror Bid so any problems with him need to be handled via PM's. Thats how all issues should go down.

As a member of MM.net Im hoping it returns, I miss going there everyday. I miss a lot of the people there too.

In the meantime, the Horror Bid party boat sales on, so lets keep things cool and have fun. cheers -Evan
ny ghoul Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:23 AM | 64362
This is Horror Bid....whatever any other forum or te chooses to do, thats them. We've always been open to anyone and everyone and shall continue to do so. Horror Bid has done a great job in steering clear of some of the stupid beefs and schisms that have gone on over the years.

We've always showed respect to Derek and MM.Net, deservedly so. MM.Net has been the beacon for white mask collecting and we have Derek to thank for it. I think a few of you are starting to nit pick at what Derek might have meant here, or what Bridge meant there....c'mon people, thats how the shit starts.

As for Gary and H30, he's also been a friend to Horror Bid so any problems with him need to be handled via PM's. Thats how all issues should go down.

As a member of MM.net Im hoping it returns, I miss going there everyday. I miss a lot of the people there too.

In the meantime, the Horror Bid party boat sales on, so lets keep things cool and have fun. cheers -Evan

Very well said by one of the best mods in the buness. Kudos Evan!

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:24 AM | 64363
Just remember guys that the grass is never greener, just taller.
DaShape Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:25 AM | 64364
guys obviously he is talking about other forums as he is ung horrorbid as an outlet to reach out to all mm.net members. other places may be imitation mm.net with their leaves burning but this place aint. and no offense to those other forums but the shot seems to be there.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, that includes Burning Leaf. I like what Matt has going on over there. I conder him a friend and we've spoken on the phone. My message was a general post and was not inspired by any 'one thing.' It was a post out of frustration in general due to the current circumstances and how some chose to deal with it and try to capitalize on the te being down.

Anyway, lets please move on from this direction.

I hope to be back soon. Keep your eyes peeled. Thanks everyone.

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:30 AM | 64366

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, that includes Burning Leaf. I like what Matt has going on over there. I conder him a friend and we've spoken on the phone. My message was a general post and was not inspired by any 'one thing.' It was a post out of frustration in general due to the current circumstances and how some chose to deal with it and try to capitalize on the te being down. It comes off as low.

Anyway, lets please move on from this direction.

I hope to be back soon. Keep your eyes peeled. Thanks everyone.

Derek

sounds good derek and i believe you, i have no reason not to. but is the burning leaf not direct competition with mm.net? friends or not the whole te is white mask centric isnt it plus they put up a message on their front page welcoming all mm.net members. that seems shady to me because its the same type of te. not trying to start anything, just stating the facts.

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:33 AM | 64368
sounds good derek and i believe you, i have no reason not to. but is the burning leaf not direct competition with mm.net? friends or not the whole te is white mask centric isnt it plus they put up a message welcoming all mm.net members. not trying to start anything, just stating the facts.A lot of tes sent emails, PM's and made announcements. People have the right to make a te about what they want to, that's none of my buness. There will always be a love for this hobby and therefore there will always be more than one te to go to and talk about what we love - I support that.

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:37 AM | 64369
sounds good derek and i believe you, i have no reason not to. but is the burning leaf not direct competition with mm.net? friends or not the whole te is white mask centric isnt it plus they put up a message welcoming all mm.net members. not trying to start anything, just stating the facts.A lot of tes sent emails, PM's and made announcements. People have the right to make a te about what they want to, that's none of my buness. There will always be a love for this hobby and therefore there will always be more than one te to go to and talk about what we love - I support that.

Derek

then why write except no imitations?

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:40 AM | 64370

Derek

then why write except no imitations?I have no further comment on this topic. See my previous posts as I covered this. I'm done with this topic, and am not looking to cause drama here.

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:45 AM | 64371
fair enough and I hope your te is back up. i just don't understand the "accept no imitations" when the burning leaf is imitating mm.net. thats all on this topic from me.

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:49 AM | 64373
I want to say THANK YOU to everyone for their help and support during this time.

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Friday 5/21/2010 at 01:51 AM | 64374
Why did he post accept no imitations? Well, because there are no imitations! It's one of a kind. I miss the te and can't wait for it to be back.You have my support, Derek.

I was sent PMs and e-mails about joining/enjoying certain forums nce your te closed down and found it weird that instead of those forums asking you what they can do to help they just seemed to be digging the extra hits.

Anyway, the te WILL be back and there are over 3,300 members who cannot wait!
JWarren Friday 5/21/2010 at 02:12 AM | 64376
nce I've somehow been "implicated" I feel I should say something:

Derek, I don't think we've ever really spoken (nor have I really with Justin) but I was fairly active at MM.net, much more than I was/am here (just look at the join dates & post numbers.)

That's NOTHING against this te, I love this place, I just happen to be "addicted" to The Shape, so therefore I naturally lurked there more often.

My wife's ideas actually pertain heavily to your te & I'll PM you on what they are - nothing major, you've probably already thought of them yourself, but anything to help you out.

My post was mply a thank you to Justin & the people who do the news (whoever they may be.)

My wife & I read through lots of news & it spawned a lot of discuson between us which was awesome because, hey married folks - you most likely know what I'm talking about, we hardly ever just have something to discuss because we've both heard each other's crap a thousand times

As I stated in my thread in question, this is where I did & do now moreso go for general sci-fi/horror news.

And as long as MM.net is/will be up & running I will be there as well.

I'll eventually get around to joining other places as well probably.

No favoritism from me.

Here's to horror, sci-fi, the white-mask guy, the dead-skin masker, the mad hockey player, the burned up dream guy, the eye-toothed metalhead vamps (I hear the sequel sucks though - I'm actually afraid to see it,) the little girl puking green, the possessed dolls, blah blah (frakkin' conspiracy against "whitey" has me paranoid to even use the names of the movies )

Let's enjoy the rides y'all!
Bridge Friday 5/21/2010 at 02:58 AM | 64377
nce I've somehow been "implicated" I feel I should say something:

Derek, I don't think we've ever really spoken (nor have I really with Justin) but I was fairly active at MM.net, much more than I was/am here (just look at the join dates & post numbers.)

That's NOTHING against this te, I love this place, I just happen to be "addicted" to The Shape, so therefore I naturally lurked there more often.

My wife's ideas actually pertain heavily to your te & I'll PM you on what they are - nothing major, you've probably already thought of them yourself, but anything to help you out.

My post was mply a thank you to Justin & the people who do the news (whoever they may be.)

My wife & I read through lots of news & it spawned a lot of discuson between us which was awesome because, hey married folks - you most likely know what I'm talking about, we hardly ever just have something to discuss because we've both heard each other's crap a thousand times

As I stated in my thread in question, this is where I did & do now moreso go for general sci-fi/horror news.

And as long as MM.net is/will be up & running I will be there as well.

I'll eventually get around to joining other places as well probably.

No favoritism from me.

Here's to horror, sci-fi, the white-mask guy, the dead-skin masker, the mad hockey player, the burned up dream guy, the eye-toothed metalhead vamps (I hear the sequel sucks though - I'm actually afraid to see it,) the little girl puking green, the possessed dolls, blah blah (frakkin' conspiracy against "whitey" has me paranoid to even use the names of the movies )

Let's enjoy the rides y'all!
That sounds great man - I am always open to suggestions. Go ahead and send em' over!

I am glad you have found a place that satisfies your everyday horror fix. I know how you feel for sure.

And yes... here's to the horror communityTake Care, Derek
Michael-Myers.net Friday 5/21/2010 at 03:06 AM | 64378
Good job by everyone being cool.....Derek please keep us posted and let us know when MM.net is back for the attack!

Also, I did want to mention that The Burning Leaf does have a section dedicated to The Shape but I'd say the over all theme is Halloween....the holiday and season. Theres two sections alone dedicated to Halloween celebrations, lore, costumes, parties, etc. I think its very cool as well that it pays some homage to the Pagan aspect of Halloween/Samhain.
ny ghoul Friday 5/21/2010 at 03:14 AM | 64379
Big thanks for everybody being civil. It's not always easy to do esepcially with emotions running high about this topic but it's good to hear from Derek and what is going on with the te.

JWarren makes a great point. There is no imitation for MM.net. HorrorBid's forum in the early days may have been MM.net Jr. lol but that was 3 years ago. Look around, we are certainty a much broader horror te and we are that way for a lot of reasons. Most notably I found a love for general horror that was sparked through the hobby of Myers mask collecting. MM.net and other older boards I have mentioned in past posts contributed a great deal to where we are today but we don't want to be MM.net, MM.net is MM.net and will be back soon.

When Joel and I found out the news about MM.net being shut down we did release a statement and we did welcome new comers, more so than anything because we knew that information would be hard to come by and if MM.net did close down we did want to welcome new all of you. We all love the same thing and a great deal of our friends are white mask collectors. One thing though, we are not trying to take any members from any other tes. This community is build on fans and fans will pick often a variety of places to go.

We are committed to each and every one of you guys and gals and the reaction about MM.net being shut down was a heartfelt nostalgic reaction. It's weird not being able to check in there every now and again to see what the latest topic is or to find a story to run. It was an entire community and one that we hope finds its way back home, pardon the pun. I have spoke with Derek via Facebook nce this mess happened and voiced how sorry I was for no other reason than because he helped get me started. I owe him a great deal for creating such a unique place.

Thanks again and as always I had to say something, wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't. Thanks to all of you for being here whether another te is open or not. nce when did des have to be chosen anyway. Come to both tes? Or a dozen tes, I know I do. lol! Justin (the giant headed one)
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 5/21/2010 at 03:49 AM | 64380
Well said Justin and I think the Troll 2 takeover is about as far from white masks as one can get.

I just entered. Crosng my fingers I win that mask!
BrandyWine Friday 5/21/2010 at 05:17 AM | 64381
Big thanks for everybody being civil. It's not always easy to do esepcially with emotions running high about this topic but it's good to hear from Derek and what is going on with the te.

JWarren makes a great point. There is no imitation for MM.net. HorrorBid's forum in the early days may have been MM.net Jr. lol but that was 3 years ago. Look around, we are certainty a much broader horror te and we are that way for a lot of reasons. Most notably I found a love for general horror that was sparked through the hobby of Myers mask collecting. MM.net and other older boards I have mentioned in past posts contributed a great deal to where we are today but we don't want to be MM.net, MM.net is MM.net and will be back soon.

When Joel and I found out the news about MM.net being shut down we did release a statement and we did welcome new comers, more so than anything because we knew that information would be hard to come by and if MM.net did close down we did want to welcome new all of you. We all love the same thing and a great deal of our friends are white mask collectors. One thing though, we are not trying to take any members from any other tes. This community is build on fans and fans will pick often a variety of places to go.

We are committed to each and every one of you guys and gals and the reaction about MM.net being shut down was a heartfelt nostalgic reaction. It's weird not being able to check in there every now and again to see what the latest topic is or to find a story to run. It was an entire community and one that we hope finds its way back home, pardon the pun. I have spoke with Derek via Facebook nce this mess happened and voiced how sorry I was for no other reason than because he helped get me started. I owe him a great deal for creating such a unique place.

Thanks again and as always I had to say something, wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't. Thanks to all of you for being here whether another te is open or not. nce when did des have to be chosen anyway. Come to both tes? Or a dozen tes, I know I do. lol! Justin (the giant headed one)Thanks for the kind words J, I appreciate it.

Michael-Myers.net WILL be back.

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Friday 5/21/2010 at 06:45 AM | 64382
I cant wait for it to be back up derek.I truly miss the place.Keep us updated bro....
MASK4ME Friday 5/21/2010 at 03:07 PM | 64385

"Jabs" were taken at me and it's common knowledge. Repeatedly. I don't think I've ever taken a "jab" at anyone except maybe Terry. If I have, refresh my memory. If you want to air things I can do that for you as a LOT of people already know how things really went down. I really don't think you want that do you? As for contacting you, I've emailed you several times over the past few years with no response at all good or bad. That alone said a lot. Whatever happens with your te happens. Good or bad it doesn't really affect me. I finished with this thread long ago until someone took a "jab" at me. I'm finished with this thread now unless someone wants to continue. Live long and prosper.

-G
H30 Friday 5/21/2010 at 04:27 PM | 64390
Remember folks, if you have any personal matters to settle, please do so privately.

Thank you very much.
Myers31TKD Friday 5/21/2010 at 04:45 PM | 64393
wow this post has some how stayed civil. i can't believe my eyes.

customcritters Friday 5/21/2010 at 10:59 PM | 64400
Everyday is cold turkey without MM net

Support you all the way Derek
kaizu Saturday 5/22/2010 at 03:22 AM | 64406

Hang in there brudda, GRAND OPENING SOON!!!

Later, J

Gobears04 Sunday 5/23/2010 at 12:16 AM | 64418

Later, J

Nice one J-MAN!!
kaizu Sunday 5/23/2010 at 01:03 AM | 64419

Later, J

" alt=";)" title="Wink" />
Bridge Sunday 5/23/2010 at 02:07 AM | 64420
Thanks K-Man..

Soon this thread will be the rebirth of MM.NET!

Hey Bridge, its a Joe Satriani Custom made and I put EMG pickups in it. The distortion rocks on it. I've had it for years and I played with it for 10 years in my prior band, it stick sounds pretty ck.. Thanks! J
Gobears04 Sunday 5/23/2010 at 03:29 AM | 64423
Thanks K-Man..

Hey Bridge, its a Joe Satriani Custom made and I put EMG pickups in it. The distortion rocks on it. I've had it for years and I played with it for 10 years in my prior band, it stick sounds pretty ck.. Thanks! J

I think we all can drink to that. And thanks to Pauly here are a few Crofader screen used pics to enjoy...

href="http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/05/23/very-rare-screen-used-michael-myers-hall">http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php ... myers-hall
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 5/23/2010 at 04:49 AM | 64424
Thanks K-Man..

Frakkin' A, man - & on that note....yeah, turn it around!

You know how touchy these thin Ibanez necks can be - especially when there's a Floyd Rose involved.

Actually, if you wanna give it a new home, I'd be glad to take it off your hands(As if you'd ever let it go - I know, bro - I just gotta frak w/ you outta love!

)

You can keep the EMGs, as long as it has the "easy-access neck joint," all I need is the neck & body (as long as that neck is a Wizard.)

Okay, I admit - I'm just trying to score another Ibanez to put my preference of pickups in, along w/ gutting everything else in it....I ain't played a stock axe nce my Black ESP Explorer-style LOOOOONG before it was a JH gnature model in a knockoff LTD veron (with EMG 81s - but what I REALLY miss is the ebony fretboard

)

All BS ade, though J - I'd love to see that axe in some action!

Jam us out a few tunes, Brother!

We've all heard how badass AR is, so let's all share!

BON is gonna throw a yard party here soon & hopefully I can find a reliable camera operator to film the show & give our fellow rock & rollers what I hope will be a very entertaining & totally live performance. Here's to axes & all other instruments....& as I changed the title in one of my posts on this thread, "Long Live MM.net!!"

Bridge Sunday 5/23/2010 at 06:41 AM | 64425
It has the easy access neck joint. This is the one out of many guitars, that never warped on me! Thats why this one is hard to let go of. I've been playing on it nce I was 19 and in a band for 10 years. Thats a photo below (Those are white stickers I temporarily put on the guitar), I was 20 in that picture. 14 years ago and it still plays like a gem!!If I would have known you were an Ibanez fan, I would have pm'd you awhile back in regards to the Ibanez custome gem series I had and sold. Anyhow, sorry to get off topic on this. Again, MM.NET will be on soon and we will ALL be celebrating, again!

J
Gobears04 Sunday 5/23/2010 at 11:48 AM | 64426
So sorry to see that MM.net is down, but I'm sure Derek will fight the good fight and it should be back soon.

Real slap in the face to the fans though nce it's the fans that have kept Michael popular for the past 30 years. If the mass produced stuff wasn't constently such garbage year after year then fans would never have been demanded masks that look like the actual character instead of a cruddy generic white face.

and nce we're talking Myers and guitars....

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfBzECdyIZM">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfBzECdyIZM
Don Carpenter Sunday 5/23/2010 at 11:41 PM | 64433
So sorry to see that MM.net is down, but I'm sure Derek will fight the good fight and it should be back soon.

Real slap in the face to the fans though nce it's the fans that have kept Michael popular for the past 30 years. If the mass produced stuff wasn't constently such garbage year after year then fans would never have been demanded masks that look like the actual character instead of a cruddy generic white face.

and nce we're talking Myers and guitars....

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfBzECdyIZM">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfBzECdyIZM

Awe yeah - glad to know I'm not the only person to jam metal up the ass of almost every cover I play

Sounds great!!

And J - love the pic man, rock on, my Friend!

As long as it's got a Wizard neck & an all-access neck joint I'll feel right at home with an axe once I gut & modify it (as most of us guitarists do

- they just don't make the right stock guitar, do they?)

And I couldn't agree more, Don - while it is their "right" so to speak (I guess?)...without a REAL "Official Myers Mask" they should be thankful to the independent artists.

It's because of these independent artists that I've purchased 3 or 4 of the 30th Anniversary Boxes (because I naturally only need one - but I like giving ts to those I respect when I'm actually able to.)

Here's to still loving the hobby & wishing it a prompt "comeback" without all the underground paranoia
Bridge Monday 5/24/2010 at 05:33 AM | 64435

Later, J

" alt="8-)" title="Cool" />
Halloween Monday 5/24/2010 at 07:35 AM | 64436
Thanks Bridge and Halloween...

J
Gobears04 Monday 5/24/2010 at 10:23 AM | 64437
hello everybody, it sucks to hear that mm.net is shut down by that fool from trancas. and i hope i can make this place my home away from home.
Pureterror Monday 5/24/2010 at 06:26 PM | 64442
Is anybody else getting this message when they try to go to Michael-Myers.net now?

This web page at michael-myers.net has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
HalloweenFan78 Monday 5/24/2010 at 11:21 PM | 64445
Is anybody else getting this message when they try to go to Michael-Myers.net now?

This web page at michael-myers.net has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

i get it too.
Pureterror Tuesday 5/25/2010 at 01:00 AM | 64446
thanks for the compliment Bridge. This is actually my favorite guitar at the moment, I'm sure this forum can appreciate it while the muc forums I go to "don't get it."

This is my HalloweeN guitar.

I've replaced every piece of plastic with black (even the nut) and now I'm waiting for the black knobs to come in. Even the fretboards Ebony. I wanted a total black and orange guitar.

Also I don't get any attack ad type stuff when I check MM.net, just the same message it's been saying for awhile now.
Don Carpenter Wednesday 5/26/2010 at 08:27 PM | 64472
Don that guitar is fucking sweet!

Pardon my french.

On a de note does anyone know if MM.net will be back Friday?

BrandyWine Wednesday 5/26/2010 at 08:44 PM | 64474
I've been avoiding the MM stuff, but I had to pop in and say that Don's guitar is beautiful.

chubacabra Thursday 5/27/2010 at 02:27 AM | 64483
I'm not much for Les Pauls, but that one is very nice looking w/ the color scheme - & an ebony fretboard is always a plus for any axe.

I quit going to muc forums awhile back because all anybdy wanted at the time was to have Dime's EXACT tone & nobody seemed to understand...Dime was the reason he sounded the way he did; the Randalls, Deans & other pieces were just the bells & whistles.

I've actually wanted that color scheme on an Ibanez - but so far I keep ending up w/ odd colors like "Exorcist puke-green;" but hey, I don't care if the body is pink w/ a Hello Kitty symbol on it...if it sounds & plays how I want I'll probably buy it & go to gutting.

I won't bother posting pics of my gear though, nobody seems to appreciate mine either because they aren't "clascs."

Well, the amps probably are (& I know one of them is highly coveted among certain crowds) as well as some of the rack & floor units.......but we've strayed WAY off topic here Here's to MM.net being back up soon! thanks for the compliment Bridge. This is actually my favorite guitar at the moment, I'm sure this forum can appreciate it while the muc forums I go to "don't get it."

This is my HalloweeN guitar.

I've replaced every piece of plastic with black (even the nut) and now I'm waiting for the black knobs to come in. Even the fretboards Ebony. I wanted a total black and orange guitar.

Also I don't get any attack ad type stuff when I check MM.net, just the same message it's been saying for awhile now.
Bridge Thursday 5/27/2010 at 02:18 PM | 64488
Yeah sorry, wasn't trying to hijack. Just started talking guitar and......

anyway today is the 14th day right? So MM.net should be back up soon? Because it's still not there.
Don Carpenter Thursday 5/27/2010 at 04:05 PM | 64489
Yeah sorry, wasn't trying to hijack. Just started talking guitar and......

anyway today is the 14th day right? So MM.net should be back up soon? Because it's still not there.

Yeah Don, I am frantically checking. Today should be the day!
HalloweenFan78 Friday 5/28/2010 at 03:15 AM | 64505
Is today the day HE comes back home? Any word on MM.net yet?

Raptor Friday 5/28/2010 at 05:10 PM | 64508
nuts, still nothing.

Don Carpenter Friday 5/28/2010 at 08:16 PM | 64512
So does anyone have the scoop? Is Derek still planning on bringing the te back, the no news seems like it may be bad news.

HalloweenFan78 Saturday 5/29/2010 at 04:57 AM | 64517
Derek is on a trip so he doesn't have access to a computer. Be patient guys
kaizu Saturday 5/29/2010 at 02:06 PM | 64522
HE BACKKKK.......tHE TE IS back!!!
nightmareman81 Saturday 5/29/2010 at 08:16 PM | 64527