Forums Horror Movie Talk
Rate the Nightmares!

It's no secret here that I luv Freddy Krueger. It's a small but very pasonate crush. Here is your chance to rate all the nightmare that you have seen.

Here is mine. 1.Nightmare On Elm Street(1984) 2.Nightmare On Elm Street 3 The Dream Warriors 3. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge 4. Nightmare On Elm Street 4. The Dream Master 5. Wes Craven's New Nightmare 6. Freddy Vs. Jason 7. A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child 8. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare

~Sara
*Horror_Chick* Monday 5/17/2010 at 04:45 AM | 64167
1.-A nightmare on elm street

2.-Wes Cravens New nightmare

3.-dream master

4.-dream warriors

5.-freddys revenge

6.- FVJ

7.-dream child

8.- freddys dead
pantera11431 Monday 5/17/2010 at 05:38 AM | 64169
VERY close to Sara's actually.

I've seen them all (minus the remake,) but I'll only mention the ones that REALLY grabbed my attention.

1.) NOES '84 2.) "The Dream Warriors" (...."maybe tonight, maybe tonight you'll be gone!"

Man, does anyone know if there's a copy of this film on DVD that INCLUDES this Dokken video?) 3.) "A New Nightmare." (notice, I put the Nancy's first...can y'tell I got a thing for her?) 4.) "Freddy's Revenge" (okay, Kim was frakkin' hot!) 5.) "The Dream Master" (Alice was f-i-n-e also - especially when she got all "badass" at the end

;) )
Bridge Monday 5/17/2010 at 05:39 AM | 64170
1. Nightmare on Elm Street 84 (you really cant beat the orginal) 2. Nightmare on Elm Street 3 Dream warriors ( really fun to see Nancy Thompson back) 3. Nightmare on Elm Street 4 Dream Master (Alice was hot but i remember adoring Tuesday Knight) 4. The New Nightmare (mply brillant film with blending movies and reality) 5. Freddy Vs Jason ( a crossover match up i talked bout for years) 6 Nightmare on Elm Street 2 Freddys Revenge ( Pool scene was amazing) 7. Freddys Dead (they saved the best for last.....wasnt he the first icon to be done for)

*. the Nightmare on Elm Street Remake.

This isnt a ranking but i absolutly loved the new Freddy.

He was darker and more nister like he was in the orginal from 84 and in new nightmare.

My only grip was he wasnt the Springwood Slasher but a pedo.

That really baffled me bad.

But over all enjoyed it and hoping the sequels come out faster.

I sure as hell miss Freddy in films.
akashia Tuesday 5/18/2010 at 03:07 AM | 64223
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2. Wes Craven's New Nightmare 3. A Nightmare on Elm Street Pt. 2 4. Freddy's Dead

I can't rate the other ones because other than the ones listed I've only watched the rest once or twice.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 5/18/2010 at 09:19 AM | 64243
1.ANOES 2.Freddy's Revenge 3.Dream Master 4.Dream Warrior

kaizu Wednesday 5/19/2010 at 11:54 AM | 64287
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (original) 2. Wes Craven's New Nightmare 3. Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors 4. Freddy vs Jason 5. Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master 6. Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child 7. Freddy's Dead 8. Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (utter tripe and awful film)

I have yet to see the remake, but I look forward to it. Hopefully next week.
secretsquirrely Wednesday 5/19/2010 at 06:25 PM | 64299
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (original) 2. Wes Craven's New Nightmare 3. Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors 4. Freddy vs Jason 5. Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master 6. Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child 7. Freddy's Dead 8. Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (utter tripe and awful film)

I have yet to see the remake, but I look forward to it. Hopefully next week.

Wow, Freddy vs. Jason is pretty high on your list. Wouldn't expect to see that so high on someone's list.
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 5/19/2010 at 07:57 PM | 64302
F vs J really wasn't that bad if you think about it. I mean at the time it was made Freddy was already beyond lly and even this was a bit of a return to form in comparison to Freddy's Dead. He used "bitch" a bit much, but all in all there were still some pretty awesome sequences in it. Also, I just found it a really fun film. The film never lied about what it was going to be, and I loved it for that. It advertised Jason and Freddy beating the shit out of each other...and boy did we get that in spades. Not to mention, at this point in horror, just about every horror movie took the Scream formula and decided to parody itself. So in that respect, job well done. I just look at FvsJ as a really high budget parody of both the Nightmare and Friday series.
secretsquirrely Wednesday 5/19/2010 at 08:19 PM | 64304
1. Nightmare On Elm Street(1984) 2. Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge 3. Nightmare On Elm Street 3 The Dream Warriors 4. Nightmare On Elm Street 4. The Dream Master 5. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare 6. Freddy Vs. Jason 7. A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child 8. Wes Craven's New Nightmare

I just didn't enjoy New Nightmare as much as the others. The plot was a good idea though...

TaRmAn1986 Sunday 7/11/2010 at 08:17 AM | 64995
1. A Nightmare on Elm street 2. A Nightmare on Elm street 3 Dream Warriors 3. Wes Cravens New Nightmare 4. A Nightmare on Elm street 4 The dream Master 5. Freddy's Dead: The final Nightmare 6. A Nightmare on Elm street 2 Freddy's revenge 7. A Nightmare on Elm street Remake. 8. A Nightmare on Elm street 5 The Dream Child

Now I didn't put Freddy Vs. Jason on the list because I wasn't sure where to put it. The story was really bad so I could have ranked it at about 6, however the fight scene was totally kick ass so it could have been 3. As for the remake, even though I didn't really care for it I must say I would watch it more than the dream child which in my opinion is the worst nightmare.
krueger4653 Sunday 7/11/2010 at 12:15 PM | 64999