Forums Horror Movie Talk
king kong is dead everyone tip your beer in his honor.......

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A masve fire Sunday at Universal Studios destroyed the building houng the King Kong exhibit and damaged a video library vault, officials said.Smoke billows Sunday from Universal Studios during a three-alarm fire.

1 of 2 The fire is still burning at the video vault, Los Angeles Fire Chief Douglas Barry said. Firefighters have contained the blaze, but not extinguished it, officials said.

Ron Meyer, the studio's predent, said the motion picture vault was not affected.

More than 400 Los Angeles-area firefighters are battling the fire in a backlot of Universal Studios, which is adjacent to the theme park.

A plume of gray smoke clouded the skies above Universal Studios more than three hours after the fire broke out early Sunday.

At least four or five structures were damaged or destroyed by the three-alarm blaze, a fire official told reporters on the scene.

The masve fire prompted officials to move back the studio theme park's opening time from 9 a.m. to noon PT (3 p.m. ET), a Los Angeles city councilman said.

The studio tour will be affected by the blaze, according to a statement from Eliot Sekuler, vice predent of Universal Studios Hollywood.

The 2008 MTV Movie Awards, scheduled to be broadcast live from the park Sunday afternoon, will not be affected, an MTV representative said.

The blaze began around 4:45 a.m. PT (7:45 a.m. ET) Sunday. Two "prop" buildings, a chapel, and a popular ride called the "Cyclone" were among the damaged structures, according to Los Angeles County Fire Capt. Frank Reynoso.

Televion footage showed the fire burning through the roofs of structures and continuing to blaze hours later.

"It will be awhile before we have it under control," Reynoso said.

Firefighters were attacking the large blaze by helicopters. "We don't know what the cause of this is," Reynoso said.

There were reports of an exploon shortly after the fire broke out, he said.

Reynoso said he heard reports that filming may have been going on when the fire broke out.

The park is just north of downtown Los Angeles.
Johnny Bisco Sunday 6/01/2008 at 04:26 PM | 12430
I'm watching this on tv and man does this suck. I decided to pour my first in his honor about an hour ago.. Poor ape!
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 6/01/2008 at 04:28 PM | 12431
Thats what they get for shutting down the back to the future ride and replacing it with a gay mpsons ride.
Evildsm Sunday 6/01/2008 at 06:41 PM | 12445
If they ever replace jaws I will shit on the floor there.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 6/01/2008 at 09:22 PM | 12462
wow qots

skidz Sunday 6/01/2008 at 09:34 PM | 12464
If they ever replace jaws I will shit on the floor there.

LOL, you would shit anywhere. haha
Evildsm Sunday 6/01/2008 at 10:05 PM | 12466
If they ever replace jaws I will shit on the floor there. im with you on that!

i do gotta say that the Jaws ride in Florida looks cooler than the one in Cali (ive been to the one in florida so maybe im wrong)
Johnny Bisco Sunday 6/01/2008 at 10:40 PM | 12475