Forums Horror Collectibles
Amityville Horror House Up For Sale!

Any Takers?

http://www.newsday.com/clasfieds/real-estate/real-li-1.812034/amityville-horror-house-on-market-for-1-15m-1.1941896
KimmyBlanks Tuesday 5/25/2010 at 11:54 AM | 64449
I took my friend from France out to the house last year for some pics. I personally wouldnt buy a house where murders took place lol. Dont know about hauntings and all that, but the family massacre is enough for me to stay away. that and the price tag. Thats probably the scariest thing. For that much? it better come with blood oozing walls!
ny ghoul Tuesday 5/25/2010 at 05:38 PM | 64455
I'd love to have it for the sake of turning it into a tourist attraction or even a motel/bed and breakfast type thing but at the same time I would feel odd making money due to someones death.
cropsy Tuesday 5/25/2010 at 08:50 PM | 64456
I would certainly spend the night in the house without any reservation, but owning it is out of the question for the mple fact like ny ghoul said in his post...innocent children were murdered there, and that casts a bad vibe for me.
TxSteveTodd Thursday 5/27/2010 at 07:57 PM | 64495
I sure wouldn't want it but my reasons have nothing to do with what happened there. After hearing of the problems past owners have had with so-called "fans" trampling all over the property taking pictures and trying to grab "souvenirs" I'd hate to have to deal with it.

That being said though, the tourist attraction/B&B idea isn't a bad one depending on how the neighborhood is zoned.
lblambert Friday 5/28/2010 at 12:38 AM | 64500
I live up he block and it only gets busy around Halloween and when the remake came out. Amityville has there own village police(Biggest dick heads) so no one really loiters around there anytime. as far as living there, def a bad vibe!My aunt dated Ron Defeo a year before he snapped and said he was always a little off! NIce looking house and property, but I wouldnt want to sleep in there where innocent people died in there sleep!
Sikwitit77 Friday 5/28/2010 at 07:37 PM | 64510
I'd love to have it for the sake of turning it into a tourist attraction or even a motel/bed and breakfast type thing but at the same time I would feel odd making money due to someones death.
shattered lens Sunday 5/30/2010 at 06:34 AM | 64536
I live up he block and it only gets busy around Halloween and when the remake came out. Amityville has there own village police(Biggest dick heads) so no one really loiters around there anytime. as far as living there, def a bad vibe!My aunt dated Ron Defeo a year before he snapped and said he was always a little off! NIce looking house and property, but I wouldnt want to sleep in there where innocent people died in there sleep

yeah man, we heard about the cops. Before we headed to the house we stopped at this athletic uniform shop nearby because my bud wanted some Amityville football or hockey hoodies. We started talking to the guys there and they told us the cops hate people wandering around and taking pics. We went to the house and pretty much quickly took the shots and left. I did notice that no near by shops sold any kind of novelty items associated with the house/movie.
ny ghoul Tuesday 6/01/2010 at 04:22 AM | 64561