Forums Horror Collectibles
Your Horror Movie Traditions?

So every few weeks (well not so much anymore because people have real jobs now), my friends and I would have Drunk Scary Movie Night, or DSMN.

DSMN is a night in which me and between 5 and 15 of my closest friends all come together to get drunk, and criticize horror movies for all of their flaws, and drink a lot of beer, in the process.

We gather 3-4 movies, and we make sure to get a clasc, a great horror movie, and then a couple of piece of crap movies, like The Pumpkin Carver, etc.

We always try to find new stuff that we haven't seen for our crappy movies, but by the time we get to those movies, we're pretty intoxicated, and we are just blasting movies like Teeth.

So what are your guys' traditions, if any?
KeeterZ Sunday 5/30/2010 at 05:33 PM | 64538
the drunk night sounds about like what me and bro's used to always do

now i dont really hang out with anyone anymore so i just do that myself

my main tradition is to watch halloween 1 & 2 on halloween night
Johnny Bisco Monday 5/31/2010 at 12:34 PM | 64544
the drunk night sounds about like what me and bro's used to always do

now i dont really hang out with anyone anymore so i just do that myself

my main tradition is to watch halloween 1 & 2 on halloween night

I do the same thing on Halloween night, for years!

other traditions are to go see a horror on opening night at midnight with my good bud and also watching a fun horror (age appropriate lol) with my wife and kids Halloween week. (pizza and soda included!)
ny ghoul Tuesday 6/01/2010 at 04:16 AM | 64560
I watch them all the time so it is hard to make a lot of traditions. I do make sure to watch as many as I can with friends or family in Oct though. that would be about it for my traditions.
cropsy Tuesday 6/01/2010 at 02:15 PM | 64571
We hold a monthly movie night that involves Terrible/Good B-horror movies and have a good laugh.

Our most recent was Godzilla 2000 and before that was Best Worst Movie followed by Troll 2

DaShape Friday 6/25/2010 at 03:44 AM | 64727
Sometimes I like to have marathons. Just watch the series from the first film to the last.
TaRmAn1986 Thursday 7/08/2010 at 01:34 PM | 64974
I have mini-marathons from time to time, but traditions really don't come into play until October.

I have a set of movies that I have to watch during the big month, and of course I absolutely have to watch Halloween on Halloween!

It doesn't feel right without it.

Trick 'r Treat is also becoming a tradition of sorts already.

Every time I start longing for those crisp October nights, I just pop that movie in and I'm set.

It's rare that I find a movie these days that I literally never get ck of, but Trick 'r Treat just seems to get better every time I watch it.
gummi Sunday 7/11/2010 at 06:53 AM | 64994