Forums Horror Collectibles
Grass Goblyn Sculpt Complete and Molded... Pics Inside...

This is my first sculpt and I've deded I better try to do something 1/2 scale so that I can get everything down pat. With that being said, I created a non-fiction creature that lives in high weeds and thick grass. Because that is his habitat he would only be around 3-4 foot tall. Therfor with that also being said makes this half ze mask a lifeze in comparrison to what he would really be like if such a thing did exst... lol On with the photos:

I hope you guys like it! :) Take it easy on me!!!

--Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 6/17/2010 at 01:49 AM | 64676
Very cool indeed. I love the idea too.
cropsy Saturday 6/19/2010 at 11:02 PM | 64685
Thanks man! I sopose I should have proof read what I wrote about this creature first before posting. LOL... I put non-fiction in there... Well he is certainly not that... I ment fictional...

Anyway, I apreciate it bro and just so you know, I actually decided to get "The Burning" on vhs to see what it's like... I hear you rant on an on about how bad ass cropsy is and I read bits and pieces about it... Thought I'd check it out. I saw that they never released it on dvd so I had to purchase the old school claim shell style vhs in which I don't mind because I collect those older vhs tapes and I can make a dvd transfer of it... I'd say what I thought about it but it is not here yet... :(

--Ryan
Harry Warden Sunday 6/20/2010 at 01:14 AM | 64686
way to go man!!!
ny ghoul Sunday 6/20/2010 at 02:51 AM | 64687
I don't know how I missed this.

Thats a great first sculpt, it has a ton of character and I like the little bit of background info too.

chubacabra Sunday 6/20/2010 at 04:10 AM | 64691
looks great Ryan, but can you explain the mouth to me?

Also, they did release The Burning on dvd...let me know if you need a copy of it...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 6/23/2010 at 10:40 PM | 64713
I tell you what Ryan, you've come such a long way and your dedication has MORE than impressed me bud.

Keep it up, I can't wait to see what else you got coming down the pipe

DaShape Friday 6/25/2010 at 03:40 AM | 64725
Thanks guys!!! That means alot!!!

As far as the mouth goes, I have that Special Effects Master Class Vol. 1. I must have watched it 10 times... The technique Shell used on that alien bust for the mouth is kinda what I was trying to do. Something that makes it look mysterious. Something you can't really explain. Leaves room for imagination. Like maybe he breathes through those air ways or maybe they open up and there is more then one mouth?

I really had no idea where I was going with this. Wasn't even sure what I was sculpting at first. I just did what he said to do. Attack the clay very agresve and build up a general structure. From there I came up with this creature.

This creature only took me about 3 hours to do. My intention was to sculpt something 1/2 ze and make a two part mold so that I can learn how to do that without wasting double the materials. I have no intentions on selling this as it is only my first and I can see alot of room for improvements. I did make 5 pulls out of this though that I am going to paint up differantly so I can work on my painting skills...

When it's time for me to start making masks to sell, you can all be sure that it will be my best work and they will be quality collectibles...

This is my goal anyway...

Thanks again guys!!!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 6/25/2010 at 04:33 PM | 64732
You've never seen the Burning

Luckily Scott didn't whip you for that

That sculpt looks great Ryan

Nice work all the way!!
kaizu Friday 6/25/2010 at 07:30 PM | 64739
lol... I just got my copy of the burning today on vhs... Couldn't find a copy of it on dvd... Anyway I plan to make a cover and transfer it on dvd so it's all good... I am going to watch it tonight. I read the back of it today and it sounds like it's going to be a very campy, clasc 80's, Friday the 13thish type of movie... So... Sounded good to me!

Thanks man!!!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 6/26/2010 at 10:38 PM | 64761
what you mean those types of creatures arent real?

thanks for crushing my dreams mannice first sculpt keep it up bro!
Johnny Bisco Sunday 6/27/2010 at 12:35 AM | 64762
lol... I want to try and do a Freddy Remake sculpt and see how it turns out, but at the same time I'd love to do a werewolf... I think trying a werewolf is just a little out of my reach atm...

I may even do something completely all my own... I really don't know...

By the way, I watched the Burning... Not bad at all... I love the fact that he only uses those garden sheers to kill his victoms... I felt it could have been a little more gorey... I expected a little more from Tom Savini, but still in all was very good...

It had a nice Sleep Away Camp feel to it more then it did F13th IMO...

OH and the Dave the kid with the blue jersey on... IS THAT THE DUDE FROM ENFELD?????? I just looked it up... Jason Alexander... OMG... lmao... When I was watching that I KNEW he looked firmiliar. I had no idea he played in an 80's Slasher and who would have guessed it???

Anyway, I give the movie a 7 on a 1-10 scale with 10 being the best... Glad I own it now!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Monday 6/28/2010 at 04:03 PM | 64771
lol... I want to try and do a Freddy Remake sculpt and see how it turns out, but at the same time I'd love to do a werewolf... I think trying a werewolf is just a little out of my reach atm...

I may even do something completely all my own... I really don't know...

By the way, I watched the Burning... Not bad at all... I love the fact that he only uses those garden sheers to kill his victoms... I felt it could have been a little more gorey... I expected a little more from Tom Savini, but still in all was very good...

It had a nice Sleep Away Camp feel to it more then it did F13th IMO...

OH and the Dave the kid with the blue jersey on... IS THAT THE DUDE FROM ENFELD?????? I just looked it up... Jason Alexander... OMG... lmao... When I was watching that I KNEW he looked firmiliar. I had no idea he played in an 80's Slasher and who would have guessed it???

Anyway, I give the movie a 7 on a 1-10 scale with 10 being the best... Glad I own it now!

--Ryan If I'm correct Ryan, some of the VHS releases were extremely cut back in the day. The DVD veron is fully uncut and remastered in it's full glory. Comes with a behind the scenes documentary with Savini
kaizu Tuesday 6/29/2010 at 10:56 AM | 64778