Forums Horror Collectibles
Horrorbid has changed soooooooo much...

This will always be my home of horror news and events... To the old school guys that's been around for a while, I'm sure you know where I am comming from. I can remember 2 years ago, having a blast every evening on this te. This te was MORE then just horror news and advertisments... At one time the people of horrorbid socialized through threads and messages. We played jokes on one another... Held more in depth contests that required more then just following someone on twitter. Sometimes it actually required a little effort and creativity to win something. I can remember when everyone replied to your thread and gave there 2 cents.

Horrorbid "was" a family of people who got together a few nights a week and posted up a storm.

It was my #1 reason for being here... And now it seems like everything I loved most about Horrorbid has gone and left... Sure I like reading the news on new movies and trailers comming out. I like that very much, but the point is, to me it was more then that... It was about socializing. I went from feeling like and alien to feeling like I belong in a group who loves the same thing to feeling like and alien again...

I am not posting this thread to offend anyone or upset anyone or degrade the te. I am just depressed about what happend to it... BooMan and Joel used to post and bullshit with us in the normal threads that we all made and now we never hear from them. We just read the articles they write on the main page. I understand that it takes alot of work to keep up with all of this stuff, but didn't it take alot of work 2 years ago to get to the point that it is today???

I miss talking to everyone and I think the old school members know who I mean... People like Lee Lambert, Scott, Pat, Johnny Bisco, Kweandee, Chris, EXC... All know where I am comming from, I am sure...

Anyway, This is my rant for the night...

Love you guys!!! Wish we could go back to the way it was ment to be...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 6/18/2010 at 11:56 PM | 64679
Ryan you make a ton of great points and we miss the old days as well. Unfortuantly things can't always stay the same and we had to decide to go from the forum to the main te. It takes a TON of effort and mulitple people to stay on top of things but it's what we love to do. The forums are great but sadly it's a dying medium with all the social networking. We want to revamp things around here in the future. Create something new and a bit more mordern than the standard what movies do you like, etc.

The unfortuante part is everything that used to be talked about on the forum now either goes on the main page or through social networks. The reasons other tes that have just forums do well with more posts is because they are just forums. HorrorBid evloved into something else and good or bad that is the direction we are dead set on.

We still love the forum and all the regulars and trust us Ryan most of the old crew still check things out on a daily bas. Hopefully we will have some announcements in the future that will help the forum gap but until then I am afraid things are the way the are here. A lot of the news tes suffer this feat because so much is going on elswhere that it leaves a gap of things to talk about via the forum.

Hope you and everoyne else understands. Don't give up, we will come up with something special for forum buffs in the near future.

Justin
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 6/19/2010 at 12:39 AM | 64680
I'll be honest I use to come to the forum all the time but that is when Horrorbid was just a forum. It's sooooooooo much more now. I love it. But I love horror news. I do agree that forums are a dying breed mply for the fact that I can follow eveyone I want on a ngle te now rather than viting 60 different forums.

Just my two cents.
oldskool Saturday 6/19/2010 at 07:14 AM | 64682
I hate seeing people not posting as much as they used to but I totally understand and have to say i'd rather suffer without it in the long run then see Horrobid not evolve. this place to me is the best out there for keeping people informed with all the latest news and even jokes like Rob Zombie directing a Halloween III remake.(One of my personal favorites) I still love seeing pics from all of the guys and gals amazing collections even if I t there drooling over some being jealous as hell. The contests here are better then any other place IMO and Justin and Joel have certainly done what they can to keep us all happy IMO(Don't let a compliment swell your head anymore Justin lol). Thanks Justin, Joel and all the others who have made this place what it is today and hopefully the forum will start picking up more but if not as has been said we can chat on the social networks and main pages.
cropsy Saturday 6/19/2010 at 10:54 PM | 64684
I think in the past things were a little more close knit, there was definately more of a family feel to the place. Now, theres a lot more members and many don't post as often or are as personal as in the past. As stated though, things change and I must say, Booman and Joel have done a great job with the movie trailers, reviews, rumors, toy reports, etc etc etc. The Horrorbid of today is headed in the direction of the future, which is the right direction.
ny ghoul Sunday 6/20/2010 at 02:56 AM | 64688
I think in the past things were a little more close knit, there was definately more of a family feel to the place. Now, theres a lot more members and many don't post as often or are as personal as in the past. As stated though, things change and I must say, Booman and Joel have done a great job with the movie trailers, reviews, rumors, toy reports, etc etc etc. The Horrorbid of today is headed in the direction of the future, which is the right direction.

Very, very, very well said!

El Diablo Sunday 6/20/2010 at 03:48 AM | 64690
If this place was buer I'd come here more often. It's a great forum I think.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 6/20/2010 at 05:41 AM | 64694
Ryan,

You are not alone in the way you feel...trust me on this...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 6/23/2010 at 10:35 PM | 64712
amen to that tommy

i do have to say i dont post like i used to for many reasons, im sure i should post more but with more and more folks coming to the te there are times id rather just watch and do MOD type duties.

maybe i should post more stuff, i do miss a lot of the goofiness and monday night mayhems and just random fun we used to have here

i think ive spilled more beer on my computer desk while on this te than most people have consumed in a lifetime lol

ah those were the days werent they?
Johnny Bisco Thursday 6/24/2010 at 07:50 PM | 64723
Justin pretty much summed it up nicely.

Make no mistake that we miss the old days too and we often still talk about them.Unfortunately in order for HorrorBid to grow we (meaning Justin & I) had to delegate our time to the news aspect and away from the social.

We still read the forum every day but just don't have as much time to post.

Being on top of the latest horror news is a 24:7 gig and it's REALLY tough doing that while still working our day jobs and having families.

We are spread super thin (especially Booman).

You guys were the ones who believed in us when we were smaller than Nightowl, mm.net and thehma and now we've grown into competitors for the largest horror movie tes on the net. Don't think for a second that we'll ever forget you guys who were here at the start.

DaShape Friday 6/25/2010 at 03:35 AM | 64724

We are spread super thin (especially Booman). Joel do the words Booman and Thin really belong in the same sentence?

Johnny Bisco Friday 6/25/2010 at 08:58 AM | 64729
lmao!
Harry Warden Friday 6/25/2010 at 04:37 PM | 64733

We are spread super thin (especially Booman). Joel do the words Booman and Thin really belong in the same sentence?HAHAHAHAHAHAH Ahhh what the heck, for old times sake . . . . so here's a pic of Booman I took the other night.

He came over and passed out on my floor and slept with my dog for at least 2 hours Justin, that's for all those low blow Twilight commentsAll joking ade though, you can tell he's exhausted from balancing everything (I've got the proof above lol)

He's online 24:7 looking for news and writing stories.

He might not be on the forum as much but he's doing more for HorrorBid now than he ever has before! Give this guy a Huge thanks next time you talk to him. I can't describe in words what it takes to do this . . . but we would do it all again if we had to

DaShape Friday 6/25/2010 at 04:47 PM | 64734
LMFAO!!! Now this is old school stuff right here. Joel I will get you back my friend. I always do.

Guys we HATE that things are jumping a bit more but maybe the weather changing and the new additions to the forum (we want to revamp things) will spur things up a bit but if it doesn't it just may be something that we talk more about in the future. I was always a forum nerd so it's hard not being as in the loop as I use to be but with amount of effort that goes into the te now it's just to much to juggle.

Hopefully you guys still enjoy this part of the te and make it your home. It just takes a few dedicated members to keep things strong during down times.

Till then Joel watch your back and Bisco if I see ya I cut ya!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 6/25/2010 at 09:31 PM | 64740
That pic is clasc

Right click and save
kaizu Friday 6/25/2010 at 09:36 PM | 64741
oldskool Friday 6/25/2010 at 11:05 PM | 64742
Well I was going to edit a few beer bottles into that picture and make it look like Justin pissed himself, but I couldn't bring myself to zoom in on his crotch... much less move my cursor over it.

I agree with Justin's original response. Things have changed, but it has been a necessary change. They are the natural developments that come with both time and the growth of the te. I, for one, am extremely happy to see the te doing so well.
Myers31TKD Saturday 6/26/2010 at 12:12 AM | 64744
Hope Justin didn't ruin your carpet Joel.
kaizu Saturday 6/26/2010 at 03:50 AM | 64747
You all are a ck, ck group of individuals! K you've just been added to my list. I just upgraded to a MAC and got rid of my PC so expect some photoshop retaliation soon!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 6/26/2010 at 04:02 AM | 64748
You all are a ck, ck group of individuals! K you've just been added to my list. I just upgraded to a MAC and got rid of my PC so expect some photoshop retaliation soon!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH!
kaizu Saturday 6/26/2010 at 04:08 AM | 64749
I have to say that the forum has slowed down quite a lot nce I first started posting here. That's the main reason I don't post as much as I used to. Horrorbid was always the first te that I looked at.

There were always new posts to read but that seems to have died off of late. Shame, but I do still pop on from time to time.
Sourfacedbastard Saturday 6/26/2010 at 11:25 AM | 64753
i think that may be due to the fact that the forum link off the main page doesnt quite jump out at you

you see the new blogs and news and after that unless you really look for the link it doesnt just jump out at you and say "please come in and post on the forums"
Johnny Bisco Saturday 6/26/2010 at 12:29 PM | 64754
LMFAO!!! This is some funny shit... I would have to agree with bisco! We need an eye popping link to the forums...

It's been a WHILE nce I saw some photoshop fun on here! That was nice!!!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 6/26/2010 at 04:29 PM | 64755
As others have said, the te has just outgrown the small, tight-knit group we once were. I still remember about 2 1/2 years ago when the forum was only about 20 of us constantly mesng with each other. Yes those days were great but if the te never grew beyond that it wouldn't have been able to last. While the forum itself has changed, the friendships we made in the early days are what's important and those have lasted.
lblambert Monday 6/28/2010 at 12:51 AM | 64766
As always very well put Lee and who would have thought this te would have turned into what it is today. Good on many levels but the forum has suffered but hopefully with a few more donations we can turn things around and back into something really special.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 6/28/2010 at 01:37 AM | 64768
Lee that was nice man! I'd love to donate some serious cash for this project, but at the moment I am inbetween jobs and unable to...For the sake of the forums I hope enough donations are made... I am curious to see what you have in mind J...

I agree and I can see why the forum kind of departed. I still love this te and I am very proud of where it is! It happened at such a fast pace and that's not easy to achieve so props to everyone who made that happen. I just miss the forums and I'd love to see them back in full swing... I not only miss talking to everyone in there, but also miss seeing Lee's collection just as well as everyone elses!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Monday 6/28/2010 at 03:53 PM | 64770
As others have said, the te has just outgrown the small, tight-knit group we once were. I still remember about 2 1/2 years ago when the forum was only about 20 of us constantly mesng with each other. Yes those days were great but if the te never grew beyond that it wouldn't have been able to last. While the forum itself has changed, the friendships we made in the early days are what's important and those have lasted.

amen bro A-FUCKING-MEN
Johnny Bisco Monday 6/28/2010 at 08:36 PM | 64773