Forums Horror Movie Talk
Child's Play Reboot

We all know 99.9% of remakes suck....a nice way to put it. They finally decided that Chucky needs to be scary again (Finally). After watching the special edition DVD and doing a little research, I am pretty excited about this one. From the information I gathered, Child's Play was originally supposed to be much scarier and violent than it was supposed to be. This is how they want to make it. Already in pre-production, Don Mancini (the original writer/director) said that they are gathering the people who originally worked on the first two films to be working this project (What?! No Michael Bay?!?! Awwwe!). I hope the sarcasm wasn't too much for you. Also, they stated that there will be no CGI, all puppets. Brad Dourif is repring his role as Chucky. I have pretty high hopes for this re-boot and can't wait to see some results. Thoughts?

TaRmAn1986 Sunday 7/11/2010 at 02:08 PM | 65003
If all this is true then it will be without a doubt the best remake in a long while.
krueger4653 Sunday 7/11/2010 at 03:14 PM | 65004
its good to here that there or going to get the originally people who worked on the first two film it should be good
metaller Sunday 7/11/2010 at 04:46 PM | 65006
Well, Mancini is deciding to direct this one, as well as write, instead of writing like he did with the original.

I believe he also is going to give a little more information about Charles Lee Ray, and why he's such a bad person, and maybe how he got into voodoo.

I'll try to find the article, but I remember reading about how he was just so disappointed with the direction the movies took, no longer being horror, more comedic.

The first 3 Child's Play movies scared the shit out of me... Probably because I was less than 6 when I watched them, and my mother put a doll in my bed to let me wake up next to...

However, after watching them as an adult, only the first one gave me any chills as the death scenes were too corny and he always had these retarded one liners.

I remember the creepiest part of the first one was when he first came to life in the mom's hands and said something like "YOU STUPID BITCH!". But then it became unscary as he's jumping on somebody's back and kicking his short little legs.

I'm looking forward to this one. The thought of Chucky still gives me chills though because of how my mom tortured me as a kid.
KeeterZ Monday 7/12/2010 at 08:02 PM | 65027