Forums Horror Movie Talk
Friday the 13th Video Game

With the remake coming along and the gaming market as strong as ever would a F13 video game not just make sense. I mean we had the great NES game back in the day, how about a next gen F13 game where you can actually play as Jason or maybe your going to investigate the murders at Crystal Lake. I don't know but I am joneng to play a Slasher video game. Any thoughts?????

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 6/03/2008 at 11:14 PM | 12560
that F-13 NES game was WAY too hard (i have it on a NES emulator on my computer)

for the most part movie tie in games blow and IF they brought out a F-13 game again either youll face Jason and die constantly OR youll be Jason and they will wimp him out to where youll die by some dumb crap like falling too far even though he cant be killed in the movies
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 6/03/2008 at 11:37 PM | 12561
agreed the NES game is imposble and literally can not be beat, seriously not sure it has ever been done. You face Jason like 3 times, he is invincible not sure they even scripted an ending. But it did have kick as muc, LOL!

As for a game. I am not so sure John it couldn't be pulled off. Yes it may be tough to do but for some reason I am thinking it may be cool to investigate the scenes and have some of your party picked off one by one or something and at the end you have one kind of epic battle with Voorhees. All throughout the game you stumble upon his cabin in the woods, the moms head, the whole counslers having sex what not here and there, I think out of all the great slasher movies F13 is one that could make the trantion the best.

Maybe I am out on a limb here, and judging by my pants ze this limb may break!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 6/03/2008 at 11:57 PM | 12562
Although I see the game actually getting made as being highly improbable... I would buy it, and I would play it. Regardless of whether the game would actually be good or not, I think enough people would buy it to warrant production of some kind of Slasher game. I think it's much more likely though that one would be made which incorporates several of the main slashers all in one game. Like i said though... I find it improbable, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.
Myers31TKD Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 12:20 AM | 12563
Come on guys, I am feeling a bit of trepidation from your responses. This can not I repeat can not be a throw every Slasher into a mosh pit type game. That would be fun down the road but without a serious Slasher game nce well ever really we need something not just ground breaking but realistic in the sense that it is not cartoony or comic bookish. I am thinking something with the graphics of say Redent Evil 4; gritty, raw, kindy spooky mixed with some good old fashioned 80's era horror. Leave in the campiness of the F-13 series but have that "creepy" feeling like the survival horror games.

I just really want to see this happen. Again the likely hood of this happening is about as likely as Lee winning a case but still I have hope.

The sad thing is why can't this happen. Horror movies do well at the box office, video games do well, even horrible movie themed games that suck do well. Why not make the money?????

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 01:06 AM | 12565
agreed the NES game is imposble and literally can not be beat, seriously not sure it has ever been done. You face Jason like 3 times, he is invincible not sure they even scripted an ending. But it did have kick as muc, LOL!

As for a game. I am not so sure John it couldn't be pulled off. Yes it may be tough to do but for some reason I am thinking it may be cool to investigate the scenes and have some of your party picked off one by one or something and at the end you have one kind of epic battle with Voorhees. All throughout the game you stumble upon his cabin in the woods, the moms head, the whole counslers having sex what not here and there, I think out of all the great slasher movies F13 is one that could make the trantion the best.

Maybe I am out on a limb here, and judging by my pants ze this limb may break! hmmmm maybe if it was like a mystery investigation that would be cool

make it have a real story not just hack and slash

there must be more than one run in with jason at least 4 run ins

multiple endings ung different characters ala redent evil

i think id be sold on that

i like the find jasons house idea to check out

Johnny Bisco Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 01:15 AM | 12567
I'd buy it at midnight on it's release date LOL.
DaShape Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 01:38 AM | 12569
just a little info for you guys....you can beat the NES game. I have done it multiple times starting back when it first came out....

now, on to the idea of a Friday the 13th next gen game. It is never gonna happen. If it hasn't happened by now with all the different horror icons out there in some way, shape, form, or fashion, its not gonna happen.

The vast majority of horror films are looked at as cash cows. No studio is gonna drop the cash, time, and effort to put out a game based on any of the slasher films.

The films are made for very little and make tons of dough in comparison.

It would be the other way around for the game.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 01:40 AM | 12570
Beleive it or not fellas, but I have seen F-13th NES "BEAT". My friend Josh is an EXTREAM Gaming Wizard! Watched him do it!

As far as them making a F-13th game, THAT WOULD ROCK MY WORLD!!! I would want it to be under tha same stipulations that BooMan has mentioned, Graphics like Redent Evil, and a Real Story line. I agree with bisco on at least 4 run ins with Jason. Perhaps a pre game built in with the game. What I mean by that is, Sopose the game started out where you played Alice and had to fight Pamela Voorhees right off the bat... When you defeat her; chopping off her head, that it goes through a 1 year later brief 2 minute movie and you start out with a group of youth teens and dede to try an find the remains of Pamela Voorhees? What better way to get Jason stirred up into the mix of things and Highly piss him off...

Sounds good to me Justin! I'd be in on a game like that!

--Harry
Harry Warden Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 01:43 AM | 12571
just a little info for you guys....you can beat the NES game. I have done it multiple times starting back when it first came out....

now, on to the idea of a Friday the 13th next gen game. It is never gonna happen. If it hasn't happened by now with all the different horror icons out there in some way, shape, form, or fashion, its not gonna happen.

The vast majority of horror films are looked at as cash cows. No studio is gonna drop the cash, time, and effort to put out a game based on any of the slasher films.

The films are made for very little and make tons of dough in comparison.

It would be the other way around for the game.

take care, Tommy

Tommy you bring up some valid points but the studios would not have to pony up a dime. In fact they would just license the game to say EA games or another game studio that would create the title. Most of these movie based games have companies purchase the license and then agree to a percentage of the profits. It wouldn't cost the folks at New Line a dime if they wanted to go that route. I agree it is highly unlikely to get made but money shouldn't be an excuse.....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 02:04 AM | 12572
well ya just taught me something new because i didn't know about the whole licenng aspect of it, or at least i never thought about it in that way before.

Like the rest of you, i would love a video game veron of one of them. Hell, I bought land of the dead for the Xbox...played the bastard all the way to the end only to have it lock up on me and not allow me into fiddler's green.

Come to find out the game was buggy and they released it before fixing it. All of the copies were like this...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 02:10 AM | 12573
Well I guess we are going to have to ask Lee to talk with them. He gets the hook up on everything so why not this. Lee will you tell them to make an F13 game please?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 04:07 AM | 12576
Turns out with Lee's pull and a few phone calls I was able to get the ball rolling. Here is an advanced copy soon to be sold through HorrorBid

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 06:42 AM | 12578
just a little info for you guys....you can beat the NES game. I have done it multiple times starting back when it first came out....care to share with the class?

im pretty damn good at games and havent even come within sniffing distance of beating it

Johnny Bisco Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 06:45 AM | 12579
before your first confrontation, make sure you have the torch. THis can be done by finding the lighter and then lighting all the fireplaces in all the large cabins in crystal lake. Once you have completed the task, you will find the torch in the last cabin you light up. Now that you have it, go and find him in whatever cabin he is trying to kill someone in.

I cannot remember which counselor is the fastest, but i do remember the character is female.

When you confront him inde the cabin, dodging and attacking is a timing issue. It's been so long i really cannot remember the timing count, but it is milar to the style of Mike Tyson's Punchout. Duck, Duck, Strike...something along those lines. So....that is death number one for Jason.

As the game progresses, Jason is going to randomly attack you outde on the trails, these are just gonna have to be grin and bear it tuations.

He only really attacks outde the cabins he was in, so if your health is down, steer clear of those cabins.

Even though more zombies and whatnot attack you in the forest, I used to always go in there to get health pills. The more stuff you kill, the quicker you can get a health pill to pop up. The second battle is just like the first in terms of finding and fighting him.

There are only two real differences. First, make sure you have found the machete. If memory serves me correctly you have to go into the woods and enter

the trails in a specific order. Once you do that properly you will be taken to Jason's shack where his altar is found. On the altar is Mrs. Voorhees' head. Her head suddenly comes alive ala Medusa style and you have to defeat her to get the machete. In rare occaons, the machete will pop up on the trails if you have killed a certain amount of zombies and whatnot. Once you have the machete, you go and find Jason the same way.

The second major difference is Jason's speed. He will be much faster this time around in the large cabin.

The same strategy is used to kill him. You dodge and attack until you kill him.....now on to the third and final battle.

At this point, everything is moving much faster. More zombies, crows, and wolves are going to attack you. Jason is going to be moving really, really fast whenever he attacks.

You must first find the pitchfork before doing final battle with him. Once you find the pitchfork, you must search him out again. The final battle is just like all the others....just now he is super duper fast. Ung the dodge and attack strategy, and ung the pitchfork...you battle Jason one last time to defeat him and the game. I have to admit, the game ending is extremely weak after everything you have been through in the game. It also leaves it open to a posble second game...but we all know that has not happened...as of yet...

i found this link on youtube of the final battle.
href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyDRb0apjE&NR=1">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyDRb0apjE&NR=1

i also found another link showing how quickly you can beat the game, battling Jason excluvely on the trails ung only the torches...but this guy must have had a whole lot of time on his hands in order to figure out how to do this...
href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVove5O9WEU">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVove5O9WEU

take care,

Tommy

Now for the second confrontation.
Homicidal9 Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 11:11 AM | 12585
I would definately buy a game like that.

BUT!! In this politically correct society we have built and with the game rating system crap that our wonderful goverment decided we needed. I doubt that anything like this would ever be condered.
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 03:00 PM | 12589