Forums Horror Movie Talk
Pin Head orginally in the ending of FREDDY VS JASON???

Yep, Pin Head was scripted in one of the posble endings to FREDDY VS JASON.

I actually heard this rumor a couple years ago but good ole bloody-disgusting dug up the dirt right here:

Being a huge fan of FREDDY VS JASON, the conversation was destined to eventually roll off the subject at hand and onto the legendary battle that took place back in 2003. During the interview we discovered how the film was originally slated to end, if Pinhead (from HELLLRAISER) were to be involved in the sequel.

"Pinhead was originally involved in one of the ending," co-writer Marcus Swift tells us. "There were a lot of different endings that we wrote for FREDDY VS JASON, but Pinhead was in one of them."

His partner is crime Damian Shannon reveals what they wrote for that ending. "Yeah, the Pinhead ending was where - they

both get pulled down to hell at the end and they are still trying to battle. Pinhead comes out and separates them with chains and it’s sort of a ‘gentlemen, what seems to be the problem’ moment."

There were a lot of different scenarios thrown around for a sequel, all of which would be difficult to write.

"There was a time where they were really trying to kick around what you would do with a sequel, bring in somebody else? They took Ash pretty seriously," Swift tells us.

He continues, "It would be hard. They’re all hard. FREDDY VS JASON had some pretty campy moments but bringing in a third? It’s just unavoidable. It’s tough, it’s really tough."

Swift goes back to the proposed Pinhead finale. "To make a movie based on that ending, where Freddy and Jason are in hell with HELLRAISER? That is practically imposble. You can’t stay in hell, you need victims, somebody to relate to. It was be too fantastical, I think."

Swift thinks adding a third into the mix isn't the way to go, instead they should focus on more individual movies before doing a sequel to FREDDY VS JASON. "I don’t want to speak for New Line, but my guess would be, you make FREDDY VS. JASON, you make FRIDAY THE 13TH, you make NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, maybe sequels to both. But ultimately you’ll see that FREDDY VS. JASON fits in after those individual movies."

FREDDY VS JASON took nearly a decade to get off the ground, but remaking FRIDAY THE 13TH has got to be difficult as well.

"FREDDY VS. JASON was 100 times harder," Swift tells us. Shannon adds in, "So much harder, it was a matter of trying to blend both mythologies, which both of them went off onto different tangents. And didn’t really make sense how you blend those together in a movie and give them balance so that the Freddy fans are happy and the Jason fans are happy."

Shannon continues. ">Not to mention the process of writing FREDDY VS JASON, the convincing people the sort of dragging it to the finish line was a tiresome marathon."

Swift explains how it tooks years to get FREDDY VS JASON off the grund. "We worked on FREDDY VS. JASON literally for years. We worked on literally this project, for months. This was a very, very fast process, it was a great process. We got the script done very quickly, it was green lit very quickly, no other writers were involved and we went straight to shooting it. And now we are on set, we are tweaking it and it’s really coming together. I hope that it’s a great movie."

For the record I am a HUGE fan of FREDDY VS JASON.

I know a lot of people didn't like it but the "Campiness" of it didn't bother me at all.

I wasn't expecting it to scare me, I was expecting to see two Horror Icons do battle on an epic scale and pretty much destroy each other with all the blood and guts (which I thought the movie did a great job with it).

I thought they did a great jobs weaving both story lines together . . .viting both Elm Street and Camp Crystal Lake.

Now, from what I'm interpreting in the above interview . . .they are talking of doing another FVJ after they do the Friday and Nightmare remakes (with posble sequels) then doing a VS. Part 2 ung the NEW updated Fred and Jason???

I'm not sure if that's what they are saying but it would be bizzar to do remakes (with a newly casted Fred and Jason) and then go back and do VS part 2 with Englund and Zombie Jason.

DaShape Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 03:48 AM | 12575
I believe what the film makers need to do is take long walk away from the remakes and focus more on the modern Horror movies today and figure out a way to make them scary again like they were in the 80's! The late 70's early 80's Horror movies had a clasc taste of REAL reality with the Dialoge and the acting in general. Take movies back without the new technology of computer graphics and be creative again ung bac prothetics and make-up! Animatronics and such. People aplod that more that computer skills.

I just think movies today are to fare fetched and to computery to actually believe that any of it could ever happen.

at least with the Jason Movies and Myers films, you would picture it in your mind while watching those movies thinking "My god, this could happen"... Of course no villian in real life is invincable, but for a movie you almost have to tweak the bad guys into being something worth being afraid of!

Bringing my opinion to a clong, I'd like to add that if modern film makers would just take a moment to t down and think about it; they would see that there are too many of the same villian in differant (MODERN) movies. Example: "The Grudge" -- Little boy (COMPUTER ANIMATED), Black stringy hair. "The Ring" -- Little girl (COMPUTER ANIMATED), Black Stringy Hair. "The Messengers" Another of the same sort...

It's not CLASC... It's not REAL... it's not ORIGINAL...

My point in all of this. Don't focus on the remakes as much. Take movies back to creativity and originality. Do away with some of this new technology graphics and make the stuff the old fashioned way...

They make remakes because they know the fans love the older movies and would love to see the villians in action again. Stop the remakes, Make films the old fashioned way by being original and give us some NEW Horror Icons to warship!

Thats my statement and testomony... --Harry
Harry Warden Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 04:56 AM | 12577