Forums Horror Movie Talk
What is the color of the H20 Coveralls??

What color are the H20 coveralls?

I've never heard an official answer and Scott and I were talking about it too.

From what I've heard it's been narrowed down to Charcoal or Navy blueish.

(again I've not look at any DVD special features or behind the scenes interviews so an answer could be there).

I've also posted up a bunch more movie stills from H20 in the Screen Caps section.
DaShape Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 07:33 AM | 12582
Good question Joel. I think they are charcoal and maybe with a blue dye added in. Charcoal kinda has that affect. For instance my charcoal big macs were kinda blue so I added some green to them and they scream h2.

I want to say charcoal and if they are navy it looks like they are faded and pretty grungy.

Anyone know for sure on this?
quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 12:54 PM | 12586
Your best bet for the perfect scene in the film to check would be after Jamie Lee Curtis stabs him off the edge of that ledge. When you see him all sprung out over that table, his coveralls look like they are dark grey. Another good spot to check out would be in the begining when he slices I beleive her name is Mrs. Loomis, Neck open after she breaks the window with that golf club. Theres a couple scenes right there were it shows him walking in the house and some of the lights from the cop cars beam on him.

Other than that I would say that the blue look comes from a combination of the grey and some of the light weathering on the coveralls.

--Harry
Harry Warden Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 05:15 PM | 12591
Your best bet for the perfect scene in the film to check would be after Jamie Lee Curtis stabs him off the edge of that ledge. When you see him all sprung out over that table, his coveralls look like they are dark grey. Another good spot to check out would be in the begining when he slices I beleive her name is Mrs. Loomis, Neck open after she breaks the window with that golf club. Theres a couple scenes right there were it shows him walking in the house and some of the lights from the cop cars beam on him.

Other than that I would say that the blue look comes from a combination of the grey and some of the light weathering on the coveralls.

--Harry

Thanks Harry, I actually did post that pic

. .. just not here, I put it in the Screen Caps section.

Come to find out, it's not as good of a shot as the one I posted above . .. too many shadows.

DaShape Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 09:16 PM | 12595
If you mix grey and blue together wouldn't that be condered the color as "Slate"??? Seems to me for a pair of coveralls to show 2 differant colors depending apon the lighting that it is in, they would have had to been Slate in color. Some scenes they look grey and some seens like a Navy... I would put my money on Slate being that actuall color of those Joel...

--Harry
Harry Warden Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 09:41 PM | 12598
Maybe they were the Original Dickies Navy color. You can get Navy and Dark Navy. This is a photo of a pair of standard Navy Overalls by Dickies. Looks like a match to me! The regular Navy actually holds a grey tone big time!

Here's the photo.

--Harry
Harry Warden Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 10:02 PM | 12602
I sear I read a post about this once and Durand said they were charcoal. I could be wrong but that is what I always though....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 10:03 PM | 12603
I'm starting to lean towards the charcoal the more and more I look at these stills.
DaShape Thursday 6/05/2008 at 07:29 AM | 12642
Joel you're more than likely right on this one. They prolly are charcoal. But um... Where can you buy Charcoal Coveralls? haha...

--Harry
Harry Warden Thursday 6/05/2008 at 03:43 PM | 12652