Forums Horror Movie Talk
art software help....

hey guys,

i have been asked to play around and make up some posble degns for our 6th and 7th graders school t shirts for the fall. What software can i use to where i can just scan a drawing in....open it up and just start coloring and highlighting and whatnot? I tried the vicman's program but its just giving me too hard of a time with having to go into every section of the original scan and erang everything...etc...before i can do any coloring. Any help on what software i can use (for free!!!) would be greatly appreciated....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 09:30 PM | 12596
Photoshop would be perfect Thomas. Let me know if you need anything J.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 09:40 PM | 12597
but photoshop will cost me an arm and a leg....anything free out there i can use?

Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 09:41 PM | 12599
hey guys,

i have been asked to play around and make up some posble degns for our 6th and 7th graders school t shirts for the fall. What software can i use to where i can just scan a drawing in....open it up and just start coloring and highlighting and whatnot? I tried the vicman's program but its just giving me too hard of a time with having to go into every section of the original scan and erang everything...etc...before i can do any coloring. Any help on what software i can use (for free!!!) would be greatly appreciated....

take care, Tommy

That's a tough one Tommy, The quality of scans (in my opinion only) aren't really that great (unless you have a fantastic scanner).

Still, I'd recommend Illustrator but that's pretty expenve.

Still, it would get the job done.
DaShape Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 09:42 PM | 12600
Tommy I will PM ya but photoshop is a lot cheaper than you think

;) LOL! You should be able to scan your image in and then use the cutout tool (filter) to shape it and then you can just box in the colors you will need. I am assuming that this isn't a terribly complex degn nce it is for 6th and 7th graders?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/04/2008 at 09:48 PM | 12601