Forums Horror Movie Reviews
I Spit On Your Grave (2010, Monroe)

So while browng through Yahoo! Movies, I saw the trailer for the remake of I Spit On Your Grave.

Now, I have never seen the original (1978), but I heard that it's pretty gruesome, and I'm planning on picking it up before I go out and see this one.

The plot is about a (attractive) woman who goes out to a cabin isolated to write a novel. She gets caught up with some of the boys from the hills, and they rape and torture her and leave her to die. She then comes back with a vengeance picking them off one by one, giving them each a slow, painful death, like they attempted with her.

The plot sounds like a combo of The Last House on the Left, and The Hills Have Eyes. The difference between this one is there are no parents involved.

I must say I'm intrigued. I'm not a fan of rape scenes, but I am a fan of some torture films (except for Hostel), and I love people coming back with a vengeance.

Here's an article to read more.

href="http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEHlYgvQkpRULN">http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEHlYgvQkpRULN
KeeterZ Sunday 8/08/2010 at 03:02 AM | 65370
The original is epic. Definately see that one first. Its no holds barred, and while its brutal the film for sure was a reflection on the socio-political climate here in the US at the time. The remake? hrm...seems like it lacks the grime and any kind of undertone.
ny ghoul Sunday 8/08/2010 at 08:05 AM | 65376
The original is epic. Definately see that one first. Its no holds barred, and while its brutal the film for sure was a reflection on the socio-political climate here in the US at the time. The remake? hrm...seems like it lacks the grime and any kind of undertone.

You summed up my thoughts on this perfectly, except I probably would have added a couple of these

chubacabra Sunday 8/08/2010 at 07:21 PM | 65385
The original is a clasc and was done perfectly the first time. There is no need for a remake
drewdaspriest Monday 9/06/2010 at 03:38 PM | 66083
This movie was indeed epic. Very disturbing. And yes, no need for a remake, but all movies are being remade I guess. We sold our copy of this at my work last week. I should have grabbed it myself.
aceofspades70 Wednesday 9/15/2010 at 01:18 PM | 66332
I would say save your time and pass on this one, as a revenge film it is beyond weak. There should be a reason and a method to the madness that would inspire a need for revenge. This one is just a bunch of hillbillies with hard-ons that apparently have a harder time keeping it to themselves than in Deliverance. The only person needing to be killed would be the director for putting this piece of shit on film. If you want inventive albeit stupid saw trap murders that were so far out of character then stop on in, if you want a good film with a good plot and some great sequences to get your vengeance out on... Check out Oldboy. It's a clasc for a reason unlike this one or the film that inspired it.
ironblade87 Monday 6/06/2011 at 07:34 AM | 77162