Forums Horror Movie Reviews
The Last Exorcism (2010, Stamm)

It seems that movies involving demons and exorcisms are attempting a comeback. Paranormal Activity, and a sequel, as well as The Exorcism of Emily Rose, are some of the most notable one.

The latest film, The Last Exorcism, is about a Pastor who has performed over 50 exorcisms, and will let a film crew into his last performance on young Nell Sweetzer. The word on the street is that there are a few twists, and it's a film that will keep you thinking, despite being rather short (87 minutes).

The thing that interests me is that the movie is PG-13, but is still supposed to be rather "gory". Although the word "gore" is defined differently by each viewer.

I believe I'll go and see this one. Personally, demons and what not are what freak me out the most because I'm a personal believer that demons can exist in this world, and these movies really portray possesons as extremely gruesome and painful.
KeeterZ Sunday 8/08/2010 at 03:11 AM | 65371
Demon posseson movies are the only movies that truly scare me, probably because I'm an Agnostic.

I'll never have faith, but at the same time I'll never truly disbelieve.

I'll inevitably watch this damn movie and probably won't be right for about a week or so.

That's what happened with the last two I watched . . . The Exorcism of Emily Rose and Paranormal Activity.

I'm a glutton for punishment.
gummi Sunday 8/08/2010 at 05:21 AM | 65373
I was looking forward to this film, but the "pg-13" thing is putting me off a lot. I can't imagine why they wouldn't offer up an R with a movie like this.
ny ghoul Sunday 8/08/2010 at 08:02 AM | 65375
I was looking forward to this film, but the "pg-13" thing is putting me off a lot. I can't imagine why they wouldn't offer up an R with a movie like this.

I don't know . . . even without the R rating, Paranormal Activity would have disturbed me to the core.

I agree with you that an R rating would probably be more fitting, but I'm sure I'll lose just as much sleep with the PG-13.

gummi Sunday 8/08/2010 at 08:11 AM | 65378
I did not care for the Exorcism of emily rose..at all.

And paranormal Activity was unattractive as well, however demon posseson and exorcism flicks do reel me in every time and this one does look good. Not to mention it's got Eli Roth's name behind it. So it's got a chance. I too was turned off by the pg13 but it looks better than Stay Alive. Which also looked good via trailer, but was subpar in theaters.

I'm working on beating Beetlejuices record for watching the Exorcist. haha..lly as it sounds, it's actually funny and every time I watch it, I'm like "where the fuck did that come from?"
zmbgraphics Sunday 8/08/2010 at 07:24 PM | 65387