Forums Horror Collectibles
RIP OFF ALERT!!!!!

Ok, some of you might have seen my reviews on MMFX and Bob on another forum.

For those unfamiliar, here is my headache…. Sent to:

Bob Primeau

Email:

mm.net@cogeco.ca Amount sent:

-$845.00 USD Fee amount:

$0.00 USD Net amount:

-$845.00 USD Date:

Feb 26, 2009 Time:

11:46:50 PST Status:

Completed

yes, you read the date and price correct! This winter will be two years that I sent this guy $845 for two F13 busts. Alarms are going off however as more and more people have ordered and haven't received their goods. All along some people have! is there a method to Bob's unprofesonalism? Anyway, I urge people not to send him a dime until he makes good on all those he owes. After a year and a half of "next week" emails, Im fed up….oh yeah, 2 months ago he told me my busts were "done" but he didnt have the money to mail them…he suggested that if I wanted them anytime soon, I should pay AGAIN for delivery!!!!
ny ghoul Saturday 9/04/2010 at 03:32 AM | 65941
just an FYI bro, anything over 500 bucks is a felony

id call your PD, his PD and anyone else necessary

do not let this go!

shit like this is why im very gun shy to order from anyone anymore, too many people who "never screwed anyone before" and "oh just wait youll get your stuff hes just slow" and then they turn to the darkde, rip you off, then never hear from them again
Johnny Bisco Saturday 9/04/2010 at 04:36 AM | 65944
Yeah, you have to go for the throat on this one. There's a limit to being a "nice guy". You need to research exactly what you can do and make not so much a threat as a demand. I wish you all the luck in the world and if you need help I'm sure the Bidite Nation will help any way we can!!!
vbrockladyv Saturday 9/04/2010 at 05:43 AM | 65945
Yeah I also had some problems with Bob but at the end got the masks.

How is his status on Ebay?

I hope ny ghoul everything will work out for you. I really don't know what is wrong with some masks makers this days.
Klempo Saturday 9/04/2010 at 09:38 AM | 65948
Bob has been very careful it seems with his ebay customers, although there haven't been many. The real issue is pretty much anyone that ordered more than a mask from him, meaning busts...multiple masks....bacally the higher $$$ orders.

I'm disgusted and taken aback by this. Its one of the reasons why guys like Sam will ALWAYS have my support and loyalty as a customer because he doesnt pull any shit.

Mask making is one of the ONLY jobs where guys get paid in full before the customer sees anything! The least they can do is get the products to the customer in a timely fashion. In regards to Bob, a year ago I had people say "dont worry he takes a while but its worth the wait". Well Ive waited long enough, and i know my $$ is long gone. Theres a bunch of guys at Myers getting together to take action. If anyone here had a milar problem, let me know. In the meantime Im giving Bob 2 weeks.
ny ghoul Saturday 9/04/2010 at 06:05 PM | 65953
honestly there are only 4 count em 4 people i trust to give me what i purchase in a timely manner if it has to be made from scratch and i still am inclined to say it shouldnt be like that

if you want to sell something it should be made and ready to go before you accept payment

i dont go to best buy and pay a grand for a tv then wait 6 months to a year to get it

nope screw that, if you get a lot of good feedback from a mask you post then you should know it will sell well, as you get them made post them for sale

if you refuse to do what real capitalists do (you know spend money to make money) meet people part way at least

take a depot, only a quarter of the mask price tops, make it then collect the rest when you finish the mask/bust and ship it when promised

i dont want to hear "i need the whole payment to make the mask" thats BS a 300 dollar plus mask does not cost that much to produce not now not ever

NEWS FLASH if they dont pay the balance well guess what you got free money and a mask to sell full price to someone else who will be more than happy to take it off your hands and get immediate delivery which makes you sound better to deal with

and please of all the excuses i have ever heard the "i cant afford to ship it" is the most BULLSHIT excuse ever, either the mask isnt done or they blew all the money, please people if you charge extra for shipping costs put the damn money away for shipping and dont touch it

if you cant keep your hands out of the shipping kitty or are truly that broke then maybe you shouldnt be in the buness

sorry about my little rant but seriously ive just about had it with a lot of people in this buness, makes me damned tempted to start my own and do it the way i would like to see it done.......................
Johnny Bisco Saturday 9/04/2010 at 06:59 PM | 65956
It really is a damn shame that Bob has such unethical buness practices because he does make some nice masks.

There have been two that I really wanted over the years, Cobra Commander and Trapjaw from He-Man, but I've refrained from buying them because of numerous threads just like this one.

I wish people would get together and boycott people like Bob; maybe then he'd open his eyes.
gummi Sunday 9/05/2010 at 01:25 AM | 65964
Great points guys, and I appreciate any and all rants! lol, it makes me feel a little better knowing that theres some people who agree with me!

Along with the fact that sadly....MOST PEOPLE ARE DICKS, and inclined to wrong........theres another factor at play.

Lets use Terry as an example.....even though at one point there were literally dozens of people who got ripped off and went public with it on forums, there were still some people that were willing to shell out money to the guy for a mask. Some even got their mask! One would think that at least out of caution people would have abstained from sending Terry a dime, but NO! and to think a year later he's baaack. Anyway, enough on Terry.

My point is that even though many people within a group of collectors who are mostly friendly acquaintances were getting ripped off and conned, there were still other guys within that group who DESPITE seeing what happened to their comrades, supported the rip off artist. Along with my negative feedback on Bob, there were several other milar posts on MM.net. That didnt stop dozens from ordering Bob's Kirk masks and saying how great he was! congrats! you got your mask....but what about the people he ripped off??? dont you care?

We need to blacklist some of these guys, seriously. What Bisco said should be gospel. Thankfully the good guys out there in our scene out-weigh the bad, but shit enough is enough. Thats my rant for this evening....
ny ghoul Sunday 9/05/2010 at 04:43 AM | 65974
check this out!!!!!! the bandits' clong up shop and trying to get out of town!!!!

href="http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/art/1928482470.html">http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/art/1928482470.html
ny ghoul Sunday 9/05/2010 at 04:59 AM | 65978
what???

Is he clong up again? The last time when he couldn't fullfill orders he did the same thing. I think this was about the time you ordred yours Evan. He owed a bunch of people stuff. You should keep bumping that feedback post on mm net and make milar statements on NO and the HMA. This is plain crazy

When he came back to the scene opening a new studio with his new line of Myers masks, that was a slap in the face to the ones that have been waiting for their stuff from past projects.
kaizu Sunday 9/05/2010 at 05:28 AM | 65984
excuse my french but what a fuckface!

toronto is 4 hrs from my house maybe i should take a ride..........................
Johnny Bisco Sunday 9/05/2010 at 10:26 AM | 65986
This is pure bullshit... I hate seeing this kind of shit happen to people. I am sorry about your loss man, but I would DEF take some form of action against him. There's no way I'd let him walk with 800+ bucks just because he's to damn lazy to do the order. Or just to damn lazy to ship it. AND no money to ship it??????? Are you serious???? What the hell kind of buness is this??? I've been doing small orders and just here and there orders for the past 2 years and in the first couple months I've learned that you need to have paperwork and a small capital in order to function. All of this stuff needs to be kept on track. Everytime you sell something, you always put back the money they paid you for the shipping and then take another percent out of the actual product to put back in the buness account. It prevents shit like this from happening. Then you are garunteed money to pay for the shipping AND more supplies...

Him suguesting you pay for the shipping AGAIN, is completely Ubsurd and Very Unprofesonal... It's insulting to you and to himself. I can't believe that would even be sugeusted by ANYONE let alone a buness man... If you can call him that after this shit...

Anyway, There's my 2 cents...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Sunday 9/05/2010 at 03:57 PM | 66000
thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it.

A bit of news....Bob went on record on MM saying that my busts "are boxed and ready to ship". Ive heard that line 20 times, so we'll see. I'll keep everyone posted.

Also, the CL post apparently is not Bob, but a guy that Bob ALREADY sold his masters to!!!! Bob doesn't even own the masters that he still "sells" masks of. Now this guy is looking to dump them after selling masks he made from the masters. wow...
ny ghoul Monday 9/06/2010 at 02:56 AM | 66047
i hate to hear stories like this...mark goodson ripped me off a couple years ago and have never ordered anything online nce
LoKi Monday 9/20/2010 at 06:10 AM | 66431