Forums Horror Movie Talk
Top 15 Scariest Horror Movies!

TOP 15 Scariest films

1. The Strangers (Liv Tyler 2007)

SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME 2. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Michael Bay remake/ starring Jesca Biel) 3. When A Stranger Calls (1979) 4. The SHINING 5. The RING 6. The Descent 7. The Exorcist 8. VACANCY 9. The People Under The Stairs (Wes Craven FIlm) 10. PSYCHO 11. The Amityville Horror (2005 remake) 12. Halloween (1978) 13. Nighmare on Elm Street (original) 14. The Last Exorcism (2010) 15. Blair Witch Project
Tomastina Friday 9/17/2010 at 01:35 AM | 66379
I must say the idea of The Strangers was frighting but the movie itself was not, but some things scare more people than others. Personally I wouldn't have put that over the exorcist, but to each his own.
krueger4653 Friday 9/17/2010 at 02:00 PM | 66387
I must say the idea of The Strangers was frighting but the movie itself was not, but some things scare more people than others. Personally I wouldn't have put that over the exorcist, but to each his own.

Yeah, that whole list (by my standards) is ass backwards. But to each his/her own! Ill do a top 10:

01. The Exorcist (cant watch it alone to this day) 02. The Shining (speaks for itself) 03. Blair Witch Project (screw the woods, no thanks) 04. Dolly Dearest (chucky got owned by this film) 05. Pet Sematary (one word: Zelda) 06. Black Christmas (1974) 07. House of The Devil (to add a more recent film in) 08. The Cell (total mind blow, imagery is terrifying) 09. It (the line "We all float down here" is more off putting than anything) 10. 1408 (also recent, but its like a new "The Shining")
mattryan Friday 9/17/2010 at 11:49 PM | 66398
I cant really make a list of scary movies because to be honest there's not really any movies that scare me. Sure there's scary moments, every horror movie has to have those. But to choose movies that have actually scared me I can only narrow it down to two.

1. The Exorcist. I will not willingly watch this movie. Once is enough for a lifetime of mental scars unforgettable images.

2. A Nightmare on Elm Street. As a kid Freddy Krueger terrified me, a burned man with knives for fingers coming after you in your sleep and you have no way to defend yourself. Creepy shit man. But I think it was that fear that turned me into the avid Freddy and horror fan that I am today. So Thank You Wes Craven!!! Where ever you may be!!!

krueger4653 Saturday 9/18/2010 at 12:38 AM | 66400
I can't do a top 15 list either because there are only a few movies that really disturb me: The Exorcist, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and Paranormal Activity to some extent (I'm sure I'll take some heat for that one).

Any movie that doesn't deal with demonic posseson just doesn't scare me in the least.

Sure, there may be a few "jumps" here and there, but nothing I would conder truly scary.

I think a lot of people interested in this niche probably don't scare ealy or else have very specific things that push their buttons.

On a de note, I saw The Last Exorcism recently and was pretty disappointed in it.

Not that changing things up is a bad thing, but that movie shot completely off on a tangent that turned out to be a little lly in the end.

The final act actually negated the creepy vibe of the first 2/3 of the movie.
gummi Saturday 9/18/2010 at 07:10 AM | 66406

Yeah, that whole list (by my standards) is ass backwards. But to each his/her own! Ill do a top 10:

01. The Exorcist (cant watch it alone to this day) 02. The Shining (speaks for itself) 03. Blair Witch Project (screw the woods, no thanks) 04. Dolly Dearest (chucky got owned by this film) 05. Pet Sematary (one word: Zelda) 06. Black Christmas (1974) 07. House of The Devil (to add a more recent film in) 08. The Cell (total mind blow, imagery is terrifying) 09. It (the line "We all float down here" is more off putting than anything) 10. 1408 (also recent, but its like a new "The Shining")

That's pretty funny. I've been afraid of dolls and doll movies my entire life and couldn't watch Chucky and actually laugh until I was about 20. But I watched Dolly Dearest and about crapped myself laughing when I was 15 lol.
KeeterZ Saturday 9/18/2010 at 11:55 AM | 66407