Forums Horror Collectibles
Halloween Fan Film

Hello fellow Bidites! I've been ung HorrorBid for about a year now, but this is my first time in the forums. I just wanted to know if i could get some input on a Halloween film I made with some of my highschool friends(we're seniors). It is a sequel to a video i did last year(which was horrible), but wanted to keep the story line. I filmed and edited it in Final Cut Studio. I'm not trying to spam or anything, i just dont know many people that love horror as much as i do, so they dont know how to judge my films. It was made in a couple of weeks with a budget of $150 and its not perfect, but i just wanted to know what some horror fans thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUbj1B1VdgM THANKS FOR READING
JordanMiller Sunday 10/10/2010 at 03:50 AM | 66831
well, ill start by saying ive seen plenty worse. but ill do it like this...

good: 1.i really liked your blood and gore effects. 2.an actually decent myers mask 3. a very interesting opening.

bad: 1.acting was ok at best. but given what this is it's about what you'd expect.no offense 2. the sequence featuring young michael seemed terribly out of place. well executed, but out of place. 3. the ending. that amount of gasoline would never nuke someone...ever.

overall, id say it's about 6/10. good concept, but still misng some things.
pantera11431 Sunday 10/10/2010 at 05:13 PM | 66835
well, ill start by saying ive seen plenty worse. but ill do it like this...

good: 1.i really liked your blood and gore effects. 2.an actually decent myers mask 3. a very interesting opening.

bad: 1.acting was ok at best. but given what this is it's about what you'd expect.no offense 2. the sequence featuring young michael seemed terribly out of place. well executed, but out of place. 3. the ending. that amount of gasoline would never nuke someone...ever.

overall, id say it's about 6/10. good concept, but still misng some things.THANKS! Its good to have input with someone who knows horror! yeah, i know the acting was bad, i just had to use my friends who had never acted, so it was just for fun for them With the young michael thing, i was tting at my editing desk, and had some corrupted footage, and that was the best i could do, with what was misng Also with the ending none of the fire effects i had would work good and it was a last resort. youre right about the nuke comment! hahaha
JordanMiller Sunday 10/10/2010 at 05:47 PM | 66838
the good: gore effects were VERY good for what you had to work with, sound effects were well done, opening was pretty cool, the stalking parts with the lights flickering was well done, that wasnt a bad DP deluxe mask at all!

the bad: little mikey out of place, some of the editing was very choppy in the car ride, next time you do an extended conversation that takes 2 cuts throw an insert shot in between the cuts like say more car footage, when you have people acting that arent actors best thing to do is get them to not act and be natural

the ugly: michael shouldnt be wearing tennis shoes lol slavation army's have very cheap work boots, the ending was a little too over the top and michael doesnt rip arms off thats jason territory

in concluon you have some decent ideas it just needs to be worked on a lot more

take care!
Johnny Bisco Monday 10/11/2010 at 12:02 AM | 66841
the good: gore effects were VERY good for what you had to work with, sound effects were well done, opening was pretty cool, the stalking parts with the lights flickering was well done, that wasnt a bad DP deluxe mask at all!

the bad: little mikey out of place, some of the editing was very choppy in the car ride, next time you do an extended conversation that takes 2 cuts throw an insert shot in between the cuts like say more car footage, when you have people acting that arent actors best thing to do is get them to not act and be natural

the ugly: michael shouldnt be wearing tennis shoes lol slavation army's have very cheap work boots, the ending was a little too over the top and michael doesnt rip arms off thats jason territory in concluon you have some decent ideas it just needs to be worked on a lot more

take care THANKS!!Im Planning on reworking the movie, like adding some sort of flammable tank by Michael. I know its still over the top, but its a little better. Also I'll Probably add in more of the car footage we shot too! As far as young Michael, I'll probably delete it or play around with it more in editing.
JordanMiller Monday 10/11/2010 at 03:27 AM | 66844
Was pretty damn good for what you had to work with, as far as small budget, friends for actors, etc....

I actually have my first fan short coming out in the next couple of weeks, so I know how tough it can be to have almost nothing to work with.

skutterk Monday 10/11/2010 at 05:39 PM | 66846
It was not bad overall at all and for the price you had it was very well done. I will say I agree with the shoes not being a good thing. I am bad about details and that just bugs me. The mask I like but style the hair a bit more. Little Mikey was out of place and the ending was a bit to much as was said also with the small amount of gas and the arms being ripped off was awesome but not a Myers type of thing.

The good was as the others said the effects, the and the opening. There were others but them were IMO and seems to be the others that they stood out. Overall I enjoyed it though and hope to see more from you.
cropsy Wednesday 10/13/2010 at 12:39 AM | 66873
Im gonna have two new films up soon! i'll post the link when they're done
JordanMiller Sunday 10/24/2010 at 09:29 PM | 67352