Forums Horror Movie Talk
Rob Zombie's Lords Of Salem.

Ok I for one loved House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. Hated Halloween and H2 and lost a lot of respect for Zombie because of those two films. I am curious to see what you all have to say about this new story and venture coming from Zombie. Hit or miss???
allthingsundead Thursday 10/14/2010 at 03:49 PM | 66925
Well, ripping off "The Lords of Dogtown" title hasn't t with me to well, Try & get a little bit more original there Mr Zombie.But, we'll see.
skutterk Thursday 10/14/2010 at 04:04 PM | 66927
I couldn't be more excited for this sans the title. He is working on the script right now while out touring so hopefully it comes together like I think it can. Witches back in Salem. It just sounds cool to me plus I am a big Zombie fan. I enjoyed House and LOVED Devil's Rejects. His veron of Halloween was good and even though I thoroughly hated H2 I will give Rob the chance. I think he knows trashy, old school horror which can be fun. nce this is his project I full expect good results.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 10/14/2010 at 04:05 PM | 66928
I know he has the mind and the talent to redeem himself as a filmaker. he just in my opinion should have never touched a clasc such as Halloween. He was doing great with his firefly family and should've continued with them. I definately think he should do another one of those....
allthingsundead Thursday 10/14/2010 at 04:24 PM | 66929
Well, he kinda ripped the title, but en least it's not a re-do this time.
lopli Thursday 10/14/2010 at 07:51 PM | 66933
I still have strong hopes for this one. I love Zombie doing his original work as he hasn't failed me yet. Time will tell, if this one is shitty then I will not have anything to do with the man again.
allthingsundead Thursday 10/14/2010 at 09:40 PM | 66943
So true.

but en least it's not a re-do this time.
skutterk Thursday 10/14/2010 at 10:49 PM | 66962
Well, ripping off "The Lords of Dogtown" title hasn't t with me to well, Try & get a little bit more original there Mr Zombie.But, we'll see.

Well I don't know if that's a valid reason to not like it. I think you're being alittle critical of RZ. I like Rob Zombie and wasn't a fan of H2 but I think this is going to knock this out of the park. The poster looks amazing and he is really an original storyteller. But we will see.
krubber Friday 10/15/2010 at 09:15 PM | 67041
I am looking forward to this. It is his own deal and not Halloween thankfully as I feel anyone would have failed in the eyes of the Halloween fans. It is never easy to better the original especially to us die hard fans. House and Devils was awesome and I did enjoy Halloween but H2 still has way to many mixed feelings for me but this will be much better IMO.
cropsy Friday 10/15/2010 at 09:40 PM | 67042
Don't get me wrong man, I totally dug House & Rejects, though I think some would agree that they were just a 2010 veron of TCM, just a diff family, then he redid Halloween I & II, now he starts off his next movie with a title that he may/maynot have got from another film.

But I am anxious to see it though.

Well I don't know if that's a valid reason to not like it. I think you're being alittle critical of RZ. I like Rob Zombie and wasn't a fan of H2 but I think this is going to knock this out of the park. The poster looks amazing and he is really an original storyteller. But we will see.
skutterk Friday 10/15/2010 at 11:10 PM | 67047
Ripping the title of Lords of Dogtown? Are you serious? I HIGHLY doubt it. Witches are condered lords. Salem Witch Trials are old as fuck. Nothing to do with some 70's based skater flick.

If theres any sort of rip, its the plot of Hocus Pocus.
mattryan Saturday 10/16/2010 at 02:36 AM | 67055
Yea I hear ya man, It's just the first thing I thought of when I saw the title.

Ripping the title of Lords of Dogtown? Are you serious? I HIGHLY doubt it. Witches are condered lords. Salem Witch Trials are old as fuck. Nothing to do with some 70's based skater flick.

If theres any sort of rip, its the plot of Hocus Pocus.
skutterk Saturday 10/16/2010 at 03:36 PM | 67066
doesnt matter what he calls it or what its about

ill bet the entire united states debt with interest that his no talent wife is in it as a main star and that alone makes me NOT want to see it

Johnny Bisco Sunday 10/17/2010 at 02:50 AM | 67076
Looking forward to this BIG TIME. Rob is my favorite modern horror director so I cant wait.
ny ghoul Sunday 10/17/2010 at 04:05 AM | 67080
I think if he keeps his wife out of this film and stays true to he actual history it will be amazing. Kinda hoping he will not shoot it all carnival like.
allthingsundead Monday 10/18/2010 at 03:19 PM | 67147