Forums Horror Collectibles
MAKING YOUR POULAN 245A MORE SCREEN ACCURATE

If you are one of

the lucky Chainsaw Massacre fans who owns a Poulan 245A ,like used in the 74 film, there are a few things you need to do to it in order to make it more screen accurate. First,

most 245A saws have a rubber black handle cover that covers most of the handle. The prop guys

removed a lot of the handle cover so it could be seen better by the camera as the black would blend in too much especially at night. He left the rubber cover only on the top part of the handle. To fix yours like this mply get a razor knife and cut the rubber cover off at the appropriate spots on each de.

Second. If you notice in the pictures provided on the de of the saw in the round area where the logo is you will see that Tobe Hooper had the prop people put a strip of black tape across there to hide the logo. This is mple to do. They probably used black gaffers tape. You can see in the picture of my saw where I did this ung the non reflective Gaffers tape.

Finally you will need to remove what's called the Log Dog. This is the large piece on the front of the saw body next to where the bar goes into the body. These bite into logs when sawing. Hooper had this removed for safety purposes because they are generally very sharp. I decided to leave mine on because they look gnarly. Hooper probably would have liked to have left them on the screen saw but I'm sure he didn't want Gunnar getting poked by them all the time.

There ya go guys. Do these three mple things and your 245A will be more like the actual screenused saw. I have included some example pics for you too.

Thanks and Happy Halloween Ron

SCREEN CAPS OF SAW WITH MODIFICATIONS

MY SAW SHOWING MODIFICATIONS

Here. mine
Anonymous Tuesday 10/19/2010 at 10:22 PM | 67224
This a great find! And it only get's better with the small changes. I'd love to see pictures of you on halloween.
krubber Wednesday 10/20/2010 at 08:06 PM | 67269
Excellent my man, very cool man. Thanks for posting!!!!
ny ghoul Thursday 10/21/2010 at 12:13 AM | 67284
Glad I could be helpful Evan. Thanks guys.
Anonymous Tuesday 10/26/2010 at 04:23 AM | 67399
i love my 245got lucky and found it on craigslist under a false number

it may not be strickly screen acurate, but i like my custom changes i made
kbdeere4450 Sunday 12/19/2010 at 01:23 AM | 68476
i love my 245got lucky and found it on craigslist under a false number

it may not be strickly screen acurate, but i like my custom changes i made

post some pics
Anonymous Sunday 12/19/2010 at 08:40 AM | 68480
Yep! Thanks for sharing that info with us.... I have a screen accurate one and an "all original,one owner, 245a"!!!! Gita love it!!!
WOOTS Saturday 3/23/2013 at 10:33 PM | 100535