Forums Horror Collectibles
VS Bellamy Hood Filler Tutorial!

I figured I would share some info and pics to anyone who owns a Steve Bellamy VS hood. If you do you pretty much know you have to fill the back portion with something or it will collapse from the stress of your hock's straps. I made a small insert out of some very mple material you can buy at any local store, for me it was at Wal-Mart.

For starters you will need to purchase the Foam Seat cushions or something milar to it that is foam. Most of these items come 1" thick and they need to be cut in half to... of course 1/2" when you get your template made and cut out. Now for cutting this stuff in half, whatever you can find eaest for you is probably best. I had to do a combo of scissors and a razor blade, it doesn't have to be perfect it just needs to be less than 1" thick. Once you have it all cut out and cut in half you can go ahead and make the cuts into the des and the top, this allows portions of the foam to collapse on itself and form fit right into the back portion of the hood as you can see in my pictures.

This template is very comfortable to me personally, and I don't even feel it back there against my head. So you guys can take from what I have made and work it to suit your needs. I just want to try and be helpful to anyone who is interested in making a VS costume and wanting to specifically fill out the back portion of a Bellamy VS hood. So here are the pics, everything else is pretty much self explanatory from the pics, but if you have any other questions please ask me.

haloboyvash Friday 10/22/2010 at 09:44 PM | 67315
can't say i own that hood but it sure loooks nice.
ZaPsamurai Monday 10/25/2010 at 12:45 AM | 67359