Forums Horror Movie Talk
New Chainsaw Massacre remake???

Ok just released is the news of yet another Chainsaw remake. I for one love the platinum dunes remake and the Beginning. They were everything a remake and backstory need to be, so my question is why??? Another thing I think is gonna be horrible with this is who they chose to make it. The creator of Jason Goes To Hell. Not to offend any Friday fans cause I am also a huge fan of this franchise but Jason goes to Hell was in my opinion horrible.

In clong I for one think this is a horrible idea. We already had one horrible Chainsaw with The Next Generation so why try to milk the cow for all it's worth???

Again this is just my opinion. I want to hear what you all think....
allthingsundead Saturday 10/30/2010 at 01:08 AM | 67480
Lol, I love the cheesy Friday the 13th franchise and I'll agree that Jason Goes to Hell was one of the worst ones. Although there's no worse movie than Jason X.
KeeterZ Saturday 10/30/2010 at 12:12 PM | 67484
i may be in the minority here but i like JGTH a lot

that being said the Texas Cahinasaw Massacre has been remade so many times i just dont care anymore

Leatherface and The Next Generation were both remakes but nobody ever seemed to blast them for being remakes

Leatherface perhaps because it had a 3 next to the title, so in many peoples eyes it was a sequel even though it had nothing to do with the first 2, but it WAS a remake

TNG got blasted cuz well.........it sucked lol it was a remake and was supposed to restart the franchise but that was not to be
Johnny Bisco Sunday 10/31/2010 at 11:57 AM | 67505
Another thing I think is gonna be horrible with this is who they chose to make it. The creator of Jason Goes To Hell.

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pantera11431 Monday 11/01/2010 at 03:47 AM | 67546
I also liked JASON GOES TO HELL, but another TCM reboot? why. I even heard that they want to take Leatherface out of Texas backwoods and stick him somewhere i the urban. lol

imagine leatherface raing a ruckus in NYC or Philly!
ny ghoul Monday 11/01/2010 at 04:14 PM | 67557
This is terrible news. I like Jason Goes to Hell but I don't get why we aren't seeing another sequel by platinum dunes. They did an awesome job and this could be a really terrible choice. Why can't they stay in a small town? I don't want to see a massacre of one of my favorite characters or see this end up like Jason takes Manhattan. I don't think it will work unless done very creatively and sadly I have little faith the director.
weaponx Monday 11/01/2010 at 05:49 PM | 67563

Leatherface and The Next Generation were both remakes but nobody ever seemed to blast them for being remakes

Leatherface perhaps because it had a 3 next to the title, so in many peoples eyes it was a sequel even though it had nothing to do with the first 2, but it WAS a remake

TNG got blasted cuz well.........it sucked lol it was a remake and was supposed to restart the franchise but that was not to be

I honestly never thought about part 3 being a remake till now. It really does work better as aa remake nce it doesn't have the others.

The next generation did suck donkey b@lls and should never have been made IMO.

The idea though of it being remade already kills me as I did enjoy the newest verons but bringing him into the urban areas just makes no sense to me. I love the idea of him being off the beaten path so they can actually get away with it and be more realistic.
cropsy Monday 11/01/2010 at 07:45 PM | 67571
as much as i hate to admit it, i REALLY enjoyed the last remake, i didnt like the beginning as much though it was a million times better than TNG

leatherface in an urban setting?

ummmmmmmmm anyone remember jason takes manhattan? lol

it doesnt work
Johnny Bisco Monday 11/01/2010 at 08:16 PM | 67576
I think the only thing I really did not like was the ending of the remake. It should have been a way to keep the franchise going not ending it IMO. If they do remake this then I hope the do more as I always love more Leatherface but not any Urban crap or next generation.
cropsy Monday 11/01/2010 at 08:49 PM | 67586
I can't wait to see what they do with this one
Anonymous Monday 11/01/2010 at 10:53 PM | 67598
Ok just released is the news of yet another Chainsaw remake. I for one love the platinum dunes remake and the Beginning. They were everything a remake and backstory need to be, so my question is why??? Another thing I think is gonna be horrible with this is who they chose to make it. The creator of Jason Goes To Hell. Not to offend any Friday fans cause I am also a huge fan of this franchise but Jason goes to Hell was in my opinion horrible.

In clong I for one think this is a horrible idea. We already had one horrible Chainsaw with The Next Generation so why try to milk the cow for all it's worth???

Again this is just my opinion. I want to hear what you all think....

ugh. JGTH was a horrible movie in my opinion. i would rather watch jasonx than JGTH. at least he was in jason x. but the idea of the creator of JGTH making a TCM remake kills me.

ZaPsamurai Tuesday 11/02/2010 at 03:19 AM | 67608
I'll admit I don't remember the TCM remakes that well - but the little bit I do remember goes something like this:

GO BACK AND GET THAT PINATA!! Honestly, that's all I kept thinking about the whole time To me, nobody is gonna top Burns' performance.

The eyes, man...that was perfect fear/terror/paranoia/bad trip/etc.

The original dinner-scene will ALWAYS be etched in my brain

Bridge Tuesday 11/02/2010 at 04:15 AM | 67609
Who cares? They said "why" remeake the original too, and that the remake is going to suck, and it actually turned out great. I say bring on the horror, who cares?
sirbrad Saturday 11/06/2010 at 03:03 AM | 67704
as much as i hate to admit it, i REALLY enjoyed the last remake, i didnt like the beginning as much though it was a million times better than TNG

it doesnt work

the only way it would work would be if leatherface was a recluse serial killer who worked out of a dilapidated home not so much in the city, but like the shittier burbs of Detroit or NYC. Kind of how Jamie Gumm (spell?) was in LENCE OF THE LAMBS. If done right, it could be terrifying. Even maybe a HENRY vibe would be ck. BUT we know that wont happen. They'll want to appeal to the movie date demographic that made films like SAW and Paranormal Activity so successful.
ny ghoul Monday 11/08/2010 at 11:50 PM | 67750
I kind of feel that with the TCM remakes and the prequel its the only film series done right, the story is just that good. Im and EXTREME Halloween fan but 4,5,Ressurrection and the RZ Halloweens like you said its Milking the cow. I think they should continue with the Beginning and the 03 Remake and go from there Marcus Nispel should get brought back because he knows what to do with it. When you think about it it sounds weird to set TCM in present time you need it in the 70s or earlier thats just me. It seems they cant get passed the time era and know that the title Texas Chainsaw Massacre will fill seats. F13 JGTH was ehhh they got a little carried away with the Family thing and being reborn through a Vorhees they had good intentions but Jason wasnt seen alot through it the beginning getting blown up and the end. But thats just me
nickchampish Tuesday 11/09/2010 at 01:52 AM | 67752
I know it will probably be crap but Ive seen every one of the others so Im sure I will watch it. I personally dont think it really needs to be re-done--the 2003 remake was quite good. I hope they do it justice.
mytee Tuesday 11/09/2010 at 12:16 PM | 67755

it doesnt work

the only way it would work would be if leatherface was a recluse serial killer who worked out of a dilapidated home not so much in the city, but like the shittier burbs of Detroit or NYC. Kind of how Jamie Gumm (spell?) was in LENCE OF THE LAMBS. If done right, it could be terrifying. Even maybe a HENRY vibe would be ck. BUT we know that wont happen. They'll want to appeal to the movie date demographic that made films like SAW and Paranormal Activity so successful.

that probably could work, hell they could film it here in my home state nce theres TONS of movies being filmed in Detroit right now
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 11/09/2010 at 08:26 PM | 67761
Hopefully someone won't have to eat Leatherface's old black heart and become possessed by him LOL!

SANDMAN78 Sunday 1/02/2011 at 06:00 AM | 69041
Hopefully someone won't have to eat Leatherface's old black heart and become possessed by him LOL!lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow talk about bringing a thread back from the dead
Johnny Bisco Sunday 1/02/2011 at 07:57 AM | 69044